Early flower questions is this normal?

• Thread starter afgalo89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

afgalo89

Hello all, these 2 autoflowers are of different strains, the one on the left started flowering within a few weeks of germination when it was about 10-15 inches tall, the one on the right just started recently.

I probably should start wring down dates of things in a journal or something, live and learn.

I've just never seen one start flowering that early, I figured it's just part of that species growth pattern. I was hoping it was going to get bigger but it's getting rather frosty.

Is it just a dwarf or something?
The plant on the right seems like it's much more on a schedule im used to.

Light cycle is 18 hours and has been since germ,
Early flower questions is this normal 2
Early flower questions is this normal 3

Early flower questions is this normal

coherent

coherent

Well, autos are by nature, short veg, fast flower so are always much smaller plants. You don't say what strain but look them up and see what normal height is. Some are very short bushy plants like yours.

K

Kamisama

Based on leaves it looks like indica or hybrid with more indica.
Is it just me or I see fog in tent?

Some defoliation should be appropriate. Thats why also they r so small because their strenght was focused everywhere.
Not sure why the left plant is that way on top... I d say something with light or heat from it.
Those leaves also reminds me phosphorus might not be right.
Do flush and measure PH, EC.

A

afgalo89

Based on leaves it looks like indica or hybrid with more indica.
Is it just me or I see fog in tent?

Some defoliation should be appropriate. Thats why also they r so small because their strenght was focused everywhere.
Not sure why the left plant is that way on top... I d say something with light or heat from it.
Those leaves also reminds me phosphorus might not be right.
Do flush and measure PH, EC.
Thanks I will do that, it is indeed an indica. It is a northern lights auto. The fog is a humidifier, they started growing when it was still cold in my garage, hence the heater and humidifier.

Is it to late to defoliate? I usually wait a little longer, but this one flowered so early.

A

afgalo89

Well, autos are by nature, short veg, fast flower so are always much smaller plants. You don't say what strain but look them up and see what normal height is. Some are very short bushy plants like yours.
Thanks, it was a northern lights auto from Royal Queen seeds. They expect it to be 3-4 feet indoors.

K

Kamisama

Thanks I will do that, it is indeed an indica. It is a northern lights auto. The fog is a humidifier, they started growing when it was still cold in my garage, hence the heater and humidifier.

Is it to late to defoliate? I usually wait a little longer, but this one flowered so early.
right one should be ok to defoliate... the left one looks too late... maybe some fun leaves only but I d be afraid to stress her...
Carefull with humidifier, if you dont want to have molds.

A

afgalo89

right one should be ok to defoliate... the left one looks too late... maybe some fun leaves only but I d be afraid to stress her...
Carefull with humidifier, if you dont want to have molds.
Ok thanks for the suggestion,

I make sure my circulation fans keep blowing the air around. When they started the temp in the garage was about 40f, so I added a heater, but the heater saps humidity, so I grabbed one and since the tent stays a solid 60-70 temp and humidity.

The humidifier is controlled by the AC infinity system, it isn't constant on.

It's about that time of year locally where I shouldn't need either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom