full MEGAcrop line review and fertilizer debate

• Thread starter Alpo1327
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chinaoreo

Ive used the 1 Part, but use the MC 2 Part since 2019, tested a lot of Nutrient Lines over the Years, for the Price/Performance its hard to beat, imo I would call it in the top 5 - I run it in Coco and DWC, always healthy plants in the Garden, I use pt A/B and Sweet Candy as a Pt C and call this my base formula (A/B/C). Ive never had to add addl cal/mag as the Pt B is 15-0-0 Cal/Nit, high in Calcium - (from memory I want to say 19% Ca) - The A/B mixes with a mild yellow tint, Adding the Sweet Candy will give it a mild brownish tint, but in the rez after aeration looks crystal clear.

As far as pH stability in DWC it will drift some until root mass gets bigger, but I also dont chase pH like a lot of growers, I mix my solution and pH at 5.8 and I let it drift along the pH scale up and/or down and only adjust it back to 5.8 if it goes out of range, (under 5.5 or over 6.8), the drift within range is perfectly fine and even helpful for nutrient availability/uptake. I only use the MegaCrop and Power Si in the Gardens, it doesn't get any simpler than that! (i do use MOAB but only twice during each grow at 21 days and at wk 5 F)

the nutrient calculator on the website is especially useful for dialing in, or targeting growth phases - Excellent Product! I wont use anything else!

#megacrop
Hey chopper I see you’re online a couple quick questions. I’m still using the mega crop one part 5 g per gallon along with this sweet Candi one gram per gallon with every watering till the end. . Everything is looking good and green. But the buds are not getting as big as they were with botanic care CNS 17 I was using last. But I love the mega crop It is so easy… it also appears that the pants have more brighter, more purple and color then with the last fertilizer Do you think I could be causing a potassium phosphorus deficiency? And need to up the sweet candy possibly ? This is trop cherry, but it seems to be even more deep red purple now.

IMG 1139
IMG 1138
IMG 1135
C

chinaoreo

@chuck88 hey chuck could I get your expert opinion on this 😺

Stokes

Stokes

I couldn’t imagine MC causing a deficiency in p/k, from what ive seen their values are significantly higher than most 2 part bases.

chuck88

chuck88

@chuck88 hey chuck could I get your expert opinion on this 😺
Very few plants I've grown have tolerated a total of 6g/gallon, just under 1000 ppm.

Sativa's especially top out @ 5g/gallon, anything over and they complain 😉

I've never used Sweet Candy but with Bud Explosion you have to reduce the amount of MC by the amount of BE...

Current grow @5g/gallon...

Cafe Racer (front left), Malawi x Panama (front right) and two Black African Magic hiding in the back !

5 May The Girls day 62 of 116

Black African Magic bud...

6 May BAM day 63 of 106

Cheers

Choppr

Choppr

I couldn’t imagine MC causing a deficiency in p/k, from what ive seen their values are significantly higher than most 2 part bases.
You are correct Stokes! But He's using the 1 Part Product w/ the Sweet Candy - He Still shouldn't have a PK deficiency..?
The Sweet Candy is 0-17-28 that adds a significant amount on top of his Base.
Hey China - Trop Cherry is known for Variations in Color, Ive grown her a few times, but Ive grown her Parent Strain (tropicana cookies) many times, also variations almost every other time I grew her, sometimes really dark red/purple, sometimes not. I also only used the 1 Part Formula about a year and the 2 Part was released I believe in 2017-2018 (I only use the 1 part on my outdoor crops now but I haven't seen any issue? But both indoor and Outdoor Ill use either MC's Bud Explosion 0-26-37 or MOAB 0-52-32 at least twice during flower, the Sweet Candy I use throughout the entire grow mostly for the carbs, vitamins, sweeteners and the added P and K... I prefer the MOAB, I will high dose them at wk 2 and again wk 5 of flower... hope this helps

C

chinaoreo

You are correct Stokes! But He's using the 1 Part Product w/ the Sweet Candy - He Still shouldn't have a PK deficiency..?

Hey China - Trop Cherry is known for Variations in Color, Ive grown her a few times, but Ive grown her Parent Strain (tropicana cookies) many times, also variations almost every other time I grew her, sometimes really dark red/purple, sometimes not. I also only used the 1 Part Formula about a year and the 2 Part was released I believe in 2017-2018 (I only use the 1 part on my outdoor crops now but I haven't seen any issue? But both indoor and Outdoor Ill use either MC's Bud Explosion 0-26-37 or MOAB 0-52-32 at least twice during flower, the Sweet Candy I use throughout the entire grow mostly for the carbs, vitamins, sweeteners and the added P and K... I prefer the MOAB, I will high dose them at wk 2 and again wk 5 of flower... hope this helps
P OK I was under the assumption and I thought it even said on her website that sweet Candi could be used to replace bud
explosion

C

chinaoreo

All right man I’ll try that like I said everything looks great, but the buds just are not getting as big. Thanks

Choppr

Choppr

P OK I was under the assumption and I thought it even said on her website that sweet Candi could be used to replace bud
explosion
Its all depending on what your really wanting to do, Each of the Products I Use have higher strengths of P and K, and are used on an as need basis, some of the strains I grow, especially my own cross of Sugarcane x Sundae Driver, 1 of the pheno's is shorter and grows thick heavy buds I dont add the Highest strength product, she doesn't need it, big thick buds can mold, I start to worry especially on my outdoor crops if buds are too big thick and Heavy, Ive thrown 4+ lbs of moldy buds in my firepit several times, Ive had buds mold indoor too!
Im currently growing an Ethanol Plant from Lit Farms, Im not happy with her "skinny, long, spear shaped" bud structure! I dosed her with MOAB it didn't help her, her buds are what they are...unless shes something Phenominal In the smoke test I wont grow her again.

The Bud Explosion and the MOAB are just Purer forms of Mono Potassium Phosphate & Mono Ammonium Phosphate at higher Strengths.

As far as the Sweet Candy, Its lower in Strength of P & K, but contains a lot of other "good stuff" that the other 2 dont have.... carbs, aminos, sugars, sweeteners, vitamins and more, these can help with stressors through Transition and into bloom and can work perfectly fine as a stand alone PK boost for bud growth. Can it replace the other? I dont use it that way, I start using it just before the 12/12 flip, and thru to the end, Ive also used it as a flush! starting at 2-2.5 weeks before the end, just water and sweet candy. Some of what growers do is just flat out experimentation - (if its stupid but works It aint stupid) lol

Either way it can still just come down to Strain and Phenotypical Expression. Keep at my'dude!

C

chinaoreo

Its all depending on what your really wanting to do, Each of the Products I Use have higher strengths of P and K, and are used on an as need basis, some of the strains I grow, especially my own cross of Sugarcane x Sundae Driver, 1 of the pheno's is shorter and grows thick heavy buds I dont add the Highest strength product, she doesn't need it, big thick buds can mold, I start to worry especially on my outdoor crops if buds are too big thick and Heavy, Ive thrown 4+ lbs of moldy buds in my firepit several times, Ive had buds mold indoor too!
Im currently growing an Ethanol Plant from Lit Farms, Im not happy with her "skinny, long, spear shaped" bud structure! I dosed her with MOAB it didn't help her, her buds are what they are...unless shes something Phenominal In the smoke test I wont grow her again.

The Bud Explosion and the MOAB are just Purer forms of Mono Potassium Phosphate & Mono Ammonium Phosphate at higher Strengths.

As far as the Sweet Candy, Its lower in Strength of P & K, but contains a lot of other "good stuff" that the other 2 dont have.... carbs, aminos, sugars, sweeteners, vitamins and more, these can help with stressors through Transition and into bloom and can work perfectly fine as a stand alone PK boost for bud growth. Can it replace the other? I dont use it that way, I start using it just before the 12/12 flip, and thru to the end, Ive also used it as a flush! starting at 2-2.5 weeks before the end, just water and sweet candy. Some of what growers do is just flat out experimentation - (if its stupid but works It aint stupid) lol

Either way it can still just come down to Strain and Phenotypical Expression. Keep at my'dude!
Awesome choppr thank you so much for the detailed post. I’ve been giving everthing one Gr a gallon of sweet candy from seed to finish. everything looks good with no adverse effects there. I understand about the strains for sure. I’ve noticed that. I do have some PK 1314 and I hit them with a mild 1ml per gal along with their regular feeding last night and I swear they have swollen lots already.. lol I think they just needed a little bloom booster. Super Yummy grape gas here.. 🍇 thanks @ImpulsiveGrower

Choppr

Choppr

Awesome choppr thank you so much for the detailed post. I’ve been giving everthing one Gr a gallon of sweet candy from seed to finish. everything looks good with no adverse effects there. I understand about the strains for sure. I’ve noticed that. I do have some PK 1314 and I hit them with a mild 1ml per gal along with their regular feeding last night and I swear they have swollen lots already.. lol I think they just needed a little bloom booster. Super Yummy grape gas here.. 🍇 thanks @ImpulsiveGrower
Right on Farmer! Remember to tell them they are Phat and Beautiful everyday at Lights on, try to speak the words at 432 hertz.....lol

(those buds are chonky! I think you were jus trolling me now!!)

C

chinaoreo

Right on Farmer! Remember to tell them they are Phat and Beautiful everyday at Lights on, try to speak the words at 432 hertz.....lol

(those buds are chonky! I think you were jus trolling me now!!)
lol..she does look pretty good there..🤠 I just hit them with the pk1314 the day before. And I got a new phone 📱 and it’s helping..lol I’ve only been growing for 6 months but this GG cut is the best yet. Lots of tensu cuts coming up tho. SSH…WTO…TKO. .. TRIANGLE MAN. And zlushiez #7. Super stoked.. lol here’s some eye candy. Gary Payton x okie I just harvested. And more Gorgeous Trop 🍒

IMG 1108
IMG 1116
IMG 1114
IMG 1099
IMG 1084
IMG 1135
Top Bottom