Has anyone here used the wyze 3 pro for timelapsing your grow?

• Thread starter wobbleysausage
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lenhug

lenhug

A reviewer said a subscription was needed to do timelapse and some other things. Is that true?

Nope, not true. You just need a micro SD card and you're away.

I think one of the subs uploads to the cloud (amongst other things) so removes need for an SD card (in theory) but sod that!

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

Nope, not true. You just need a micro SD card and you're away.

I think one of the subs uploads to the cloud (amongst other things) so removes need for an SD card (in theory) but sod that!
He is referring to the cloud ability they want you to sub for. I'll sooner build my own server to upload to for what is almost free.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I noticed that Amazon raised the price since I first looked at these cameras. I've seen Amazon do this before. I suspect they track what we do and adjust the price upward if we come back for a second look.

Also, something that confuses me is the V3 versus the V3 Pro. When buying multiple cameras, it doesn't say they're the Pro version. It seems a little deceptive. Some reviewers claim the V3 non-Pro is better.

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Every grow…

Wyze cam V3 pros

5 minute intervals, for the night vision use the “near” settings (940nm) above plants visible light spectrum. My camera is less than a foot from large colas every grow with no herm issues, the “far” setting is 840nm and is too close to IR, even when changing this setting at night you can see the light increase on the camera covering the plants, so stay in “near” with power indicator off (light on front of the camera is a red LED that may affect flowering not sure of the spectrum on that specific LED

nah pick up the wyze cams there about $30 (plus a micro SD chip) but they work great been using mine for a few grows now and love watching the time lapses
I did it. I bought two Wyze V3 (not Pro version) cameras for $52, plus whatever the memory cards cost. Now they want $71 for the same cameras. I hate it when they do that!

So far, I like the cameras and the phone app. So, I can recommend them, too. I was about to buy more until I saw the price increase. I have a third tent with two little clones in it that doesn't have a camera.

I'm going to try timelapse this morning as they wake up for an hour at 3 second intervals. That's 1,200 frames. I'll post it if it works okay.

Thanks for the help. I turned off the night vision until I could get back to this thread to see what you wrote about which setting to use. Here's a pic using the near setting:

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I did it. I bought two Wyze V3 (not Pro version) cameras for $52, plus whatever the memory cards cost. Now they want $71 for the same cameras. I hate it when they do that!

So far, I like the cameras and the phone app. So, I can recommend them, too. I was about to buy more until I saw the price increase. I have a third tent with two little clones in it that doesn't have a camera.

I'm going to try timelapse this morning as they wake up for an hour at 3 second intervals. That's 1,200 frames. I'll post it if it works okay.

Thanks for the help. I turned off the night vision until I could get back to this thread to see what you wrote about which setting to use. Here's a pic using the near setting:

View attachment 2143188
Yep that looks right! Get the time lapse set up?

Edit I saw you’re just going to try it soon, yeah it’s fun to mess with, biggest thing is balancing enough, but not too many photos to make the time lapse file too big to post on the farm lol

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I saw you’re just going to try it soon, yeah it’s fun to mess with, biggest thing is balancing enough, but not too many photos to make the time lapse file too big to post on the farm lol
I'll have to see how big the file gets. I'm using the sunrise feature, so I'm interested to see it. The video is set to start 15 minutes before and end 15 minutes after. This tent is just entering flower mode, so that might be interesting, too.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I'll have to see how big the file gets. I'm using the sunrise feature, so I'm interested to see it. The video is set to start 15 minutes before and end 15 minutes after. This tent is just entering flower mode, so that might be interesting, too.
That’s the best part to watch not only are they growing but you see the bud sites forming too, I know I have some of those videos buried in the memory card lol

Top Bottom