Having All Kinds Of Issues

• Thread starter Nybadboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Actually im using canna A and B and I put them in first and then the cal
And I'm using tap water my ph is 8.5 but I ph it down to 5.5 before I water and I do water daily

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

By the way this is my first time indoor grow
I have a 4x8 gorilla grow
With a 1000 hps

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

When you are mixing your nutes you are mixing Calmg first then A then B correct?

They look like they are under watered. Coco likes to hold onto nutes and is PH neutral. If you let the coco dry out it will release said nutes and throw the PH all out of wack. Depending on how big of pots you have those in you should be watering them everyday. Remember Coco needs to be treated like hydroponics not soil. Dont ever let it dry out.

Also are you using Canna's Coco nutes or other Canna nutes? RO or tap water? If Tap what is your starting PPM/EC? Canna nutes are pretty solid by themselves without sups (pretty solid on the wallet also)
Ppm ec is another language to me sorry for my ignorance

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Always mix Calmg first. The order goes Silica --> Calmg ---> A/Micro ---> B/other parts if 3 part nutes. Ca is not friendly with the nutes in the B formula. All A/B 2 parts nutes put all the Ca in the A exactly for this reason. Mixing them out of order can cause issues with lockup and you will see some of the issues you are seeing.

If your using tap you prob don't need Calmg. Think of Calmg as a band-aid. It's there to correct problems and works 10x better as a foliar then in the nute solution. Stuff Like Canna, GH, H&G, Botanicare (CNS/Kind) ect all pretty much have enough Ca/Mg in them on the base you dont need it. Canna doesn't sell a Calmg product exactly for this reason. Ca/Mg problems are gonna be the first thing to show their face when having a PH issue in the medium. Doesn't mean you don't have enough. Just means something is out of wack on the ratios usually from a PH issue. Also if you have high PPM/EC tap (which will usually have high Ca) and then you are adding Ca/Mg on top plus the base Ca in the nutes (which is higher in Coco nutes) you can/will start locking out Mg/K. Its all about balance. Remember the people who formulate these nutes do so to make it easy for you which is why you pay a higher price for them. No need to make it harder on yourself.

PPM/EC is a measure of the electrical conductivity of the nute solution. This is basically giving you a measurement of how strong the chemicals are in the water so you can get a target of what to feed and hit a certain range. Important for tap water so you know where your base is starting from. Your tap 400 ppm? you would feed them a lot less of A/B so you dont over nute them. Kind of a lot to take in on the first go but the more ya know the easier it gets.

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Thank you so much ...you just made sense of lots of issues for me and I was looking for this all along...now when you say mix cal mag first if needed then A then B canna u mean a in one if do this separately or do you mean in same water feeding just in that order?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Just that order. Plain water --> add calmg (if needed) --> mix water ----> add A ---> mix water ----> add B ---> mix water ---> add the rest if anything 1 at a time.

No problem man. A lot of us had to learn the hard way and scratch our heads trying to fig it out. Glad I could help.

Also a suggestion is Sea has a sticky post on deficiency and toxicity and how they show their heads on the plant. Super valuable information which I still reference from time to time. Using this plus how different nutes interact with each other can usually steer you on the correct path to fixing problems. Always lock PH problems first then use that to track the problem down. Very good bookmark to have. The more you figure out by trial and error on your own the easier this gets and almost becomes second nature. Noting will trump seat time with the plants. Just don't get discouraged. You will get there in no time. We have all fucked up plants. Dont feel bad when ya do :)

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
1 more thing. If you are hand feeding lets say once a day and they are drying out till the pots are light before you feed them again its time to put them in a bigger pot. You can leave coco plants in small pots and they will get big but that usually takes watering them 4 times plus a day which usually isnt feasible when hand watering. Just to kind of give you an idea. I run 1 gal pots on my flood tables for veg. I feed them 5 times a day in coco. 1 of my timers died and they didnt get flooded for about 14 hrs. The plants almost died.

CaliRay

CaliRay

Greetings farmer's , I do apologize , I'm not trying to hijack anyone's post. I just don't know how to start my own. I'm having some issues with one plant. it seems that the plant is eating itself . Yes ,silly but that's what it looks like. No bugs or anything . I've scoped them an i haven't found nothing. any info would be highly appreciated .

20161030 135254
20161030 135214
Nybadboy

Nybadboy

1 more thing. If you are hand feeding lets say once a day and they are drying out till the pots are light before you feed them again its time to put them in a bigger pot. You can leave coco plants in small pots and they will get big but that usually takes watering them 4 times plus a day which usually isnt feasible when hand watering. Just to kind of give you an idea. I run 1 gal pots on my flood tables for veg. I feed them 5 times a day in coco. 1 of my timers died and they didnt get flooded for about 14 hrs. The plants almost died.
What I did yesterday was flushed all of them with after I ph the water to 5.5 and now they all are yellowing up ...like you said I'm going crazy lol ...and its time for me to start flowering but I'm afraid with all these issues

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Hey bud
Man I flushed my plants just tap water ph to 5.5 and now this,I don't know what gives here :/

Photo 110 10 41 17
Photo 110 10 41 6
Photo 110 10 33 49
Photo 110 10 33 35
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What I did yesterday was flushed all of them with after I ph the water to 5.5 and now they all are yellowing up ...like you said I'm going crazy lol ...and its time for me to start flowering but I'm afraid with all these issues
Did you measure EC? In coir, I have found it's not usually a good idea to flush with plain water, it tends to stress the plants and causes issues. I've found that 'flushing' with a very diluted mix of fertilizers works better.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's ok, when they're ready for their next you can still do this.

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Well I just gave thema light feeding,I want to flower but I'm trying to straighten these issues out before I do

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ahh... have you tested it or seen the county report on it? How old is the well? How deep?

I was on a well, horrid water, incredibly hard, high in both general mineral *and* carbonate hardness. I had to go to RO/DI to do my indoor coir cultivation with any measure of success.

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

How and what should I get to test the water because my brother had some issues when he was here doing the same thing ? Now I moved in and I'm doing same thing with issues

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You could get yourself an aquarium test kit and test it for hardness and pH coming out of the tap at least. But it may just be easier to see if your county has a report on the well.

How old a house? I love old houses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom