How often and how much should I water my auto-flowers?

• Thread starter Growth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growth

They were all just topped 3 days ago and I haven't watered them at all since.

Do I wet the top a little? Do I give them .5g/1g/1.5g? How do I know how much and how often to water at each stage?

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Do I wet the top a little? Do I give them .5g/1g/1.5g? How do I know how much and how often to water at each stage?
I’m pretty new to autos. But I would assume just like any other plant. Let it get dry then water till all the soil is saturated. I let my plants grow 3 weeks from seedling. Once I know they’re in full veg, I water them and mark the day. Then I wait till I see them droop and mark the day. If it took 5 days from the last watering till they start to droop, I water every 4 days. If it takes 3 days from watering till droop. I water on 2. You have to increase those times as they get bigger because they’re drinking more. And especially when they start to flower. But it’s a good starting point. Key is to water very slowly. So you give the soil time to absorb the water. As for how much to water, that depends on what size pots you’re using. When I use 3 ga. Pots I usually use about 1/2-3/4 ga. Of water. Water slowly till you see a drip come out of the center of the bottom of the pot.if in fabric pots. Hopefully this helped good luck.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

When I pop my Autos in 30 gallon bags already watered to field capacity I don’t water for about 2-3 weeks and then it’s just about 5% of the total volume. Good high humidity and a mulch layer keeps things steady. They usually start to explode after I top at the 15-17 day mark. They get very thirsty after this. Temp/humidity/pot size all affect how much.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

When I pop my Autos in 30 gallon bags already watered to field capacity I don’t water for about 2-3 weeks and then it’s just about 5% of the total volume. Good high humidity and a mulch layer keeps things steady. They usually start to explode after I top at the 15-17 day mark. They get very thirsty after this. Temp/humidity/pot size all affect how much.
Like I said before I’m new to autos. I was under the impression that 5-7 ga. Bags are good enough for autos. How big are yours getting in 30ga. Bags? Do they veg longer in more room? Now I’m curious lol.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

Same as a photo

G

Growth

How old are they?
30 days. Some didn't start growing till later though. We literally had one rise from the dead we didn't know was still alive. We had another one sprout late as well.

We had two sprout day 1.
We had one sprout day 2.
Then one sprouted on day 12.
Today is day 30 and one just sprouted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom