Hows The Weather In Your Neck O The Woods?? And What Are You Doing Today???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
One door closes and another opens. Was pretty sad and bummed out I could not pursue my dream gig working in the mj industry; but a long shot job in my regular field may pan out. Currently the bottom candidate, but made it to the final round of a job with great pay/benefits/etc. Not getting my hopes up, but it does help me stay optimistic, would be nice to have enough money to buy some tacos after paying rent...if it pans out it will even be enough moolah that home ownership in a decent neighborhood could happen.
Honestly you probally would not have like the mj job any. Grow lots of weed at home for more moola! Anf get the house of your dream before the black market drops into a black hole.
Are you looking for a home in Denver? Because the market up the sucks balls for the buyer right now

xavier7995

xavier7995

TBH, I think you are right. Besides, basically the only way I can see myself being a legal grower and having it as my actual job would be to own it myself, a wise old business savvy dope dealer once told me "you never get rich working for someone else." That is particularly true in the mj industry, its like retail, there just aren't that many jobs that require a large skillset that would command a decent salary.

Yeah, probably somewhere in the denver area, west suburbs I would imagine. I am kind of expecting prices to come down in the next year or so as I think the stock market/economy as a whole is going to correct again soon; which would be great as the valuations on housing here are hilariously off base in my opinion. Still a pricey market, but well the great places to live are always going to be pricey as everyone wants to live there:) The dream spot would be in the evergreen area roughly speaking, far enough away from the city but able to commute in daily if necessary.

I just miss having a damn yard, I want some tomato plants and room for my kid to ride a power wheel if he so desires.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
TBH, I think you are right. Besides, basically the only way I can see myself being a legal grower and having it as my actual job would be to own it myself, a wise old business savvy dope dealer once told me "you never get rich working for someone else." That is particularly true in the mj industry, its like retail, there just aren't that many jobs that require a large skillset that would command a decent salary.

Yeah, probably somewhere in the denver area, west suburbs I would imagine. I am kind of expecting prices to come down in the next year or so as I think the stock market/economy as a whole is going to correct again soon; which would be great as the valuations on housing here are hilariously off base in my opinion. Still a pricey market, but well the great places to live are always going to be pricey as everyone wants to live there:) The dream spot would be in the evergreen area roughly speaking, far enough away from the city but able to commute in daily if necessary.

I just miss having a damn yard, I want some tomato plants and room for my kid to ride a power wheel if he so desires.
Ya and you need like a half mill now to start your own which is total bullshit! Working in someone else's dispesary you will be put on pesticides duty and probally trim duty.
I was looking in evergreen and 250k basically gets you a shack on a 1/2 acre lol.
And the western side of Denver you will need at the very least 300k most likely 350k to get something really nice.
So I found a real nice house in c. Springs for 260k with large basement and a decent south facing back yard. Going to do updates and hopefully sell and turn my weed money into equity lol so I can eventually move to evergreen or Littleton.
Market is so fucked house are off market in like 3 days!!! My friend bought his condo downtown Denver 7 years ago for 265 and just sold it for 410k!! In fucking real!

xavier7995

xavier7995

Yep, thats what I am seeing as well. It is rather insane. I have been keeping an eye on morrison. It is pretty nice and I have seen a few places that are affordable compared to the rest of the metro area. Thats all a bit off in the future though so who knows what will happen. Might just say ftw and run off to SE Asia to eat pad thai and/or pho all day while teaching english.

edit: littleton and castlerock are also in the running. more suburban than i like or am comfortable with, but better for my needs.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Still affordable places out there and in cool locations, but you'll be 30+ minutes from the grocery store, gas, pretty much everything. But I like it like that and can make it work. Its not for everyone, and you have to get creative sometimes. My wife drives 50 mins to work right now...I'm currently lucky and can stay home. Here is a place kinda like I'm talking about.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/103-Overpine-Dr-Lyons-CO-80540/13211331_zpid/

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Still affordable places out there and in cool locations, but you'll be 30+ minutes from the grocery store, gas, pretty much everything. But I like it like that and can make it work. Its not for everyone, and you have to get creative sometimes. My wife drives 50 mins to work right now...I'm currently lucky and can stay home. Here is a place kinda like I'm talking about.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/103-Overpine-Dr-Lyons-CO-80540/13211331_zpid/
Lol but there's no where to grow? Guess you can grow a double garage up run electric and water if you got the cash

xavier7995

xavier7995

I think my kid would punch me in the junk once he got older and was like "wtf pop, why did you move to the sticks where there are no chicks." Lyons does seem nice, took a look when I was exploring Longmont as an option. While I personally would love to get far away from everything, I think I am bound to the metro area.

Pine and bailey are awesome, would love to be in that area, but yeah. My desire to be a crazy mountain hermit gets shot down by logic and family choices.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I think my kid would punch me in the junk once he got older and was like "wtf pop, why did you move to the sticks where there are no chicks." Lyons does seem nice, took a look when I was exploring Longmont as an option. While I personally would love to get far away from everything, I think I am bound to the metro area.

Pine and bailey are awesome, would love to be in that area, but yeah. My desire to be a crazy mountain hermit gets shot down by logic and family choices.
I gota say them lyons girls are crazy I grew up close to it also mad chicks all summer long ahhh good times:cool:

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
One door closes and another opens. Was pretty sad and bummed out I could not pursue my dream gig working in the mj industry; but a long shot job in my regular field may pan out. Currently the bottom candidate, but made it to the final round of a job with great pay/benefits/etc. Not getting my hopes up, but it does help me stay optimistic, would be nice to have enough money to buy some tacos after paying rent...if it pans out it will even be enough moolah that home ownership in a decent neighborhood could happen.
Your still a young man
You are very smart just wait and see you will find what you looking for when the time is right
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

xavier7995

xavier7995

I just think of my reaction to my folks. "Oh...you were living it up in nyc and those cool spots in CA that people write songs about, kicking it with rockstars...and then you moved to the Midwest to have kids. Fuck you!"

The movie SLC punk had a great bit akin to that rant.

Edit: get off the internet and enjoy the trip CM, we will still be farting around when you get back.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I just think of my reaction to my folks. "Oh...you were living it up in nyc and those cool spots in CA that people write songs about, kicking it with rockstars...and then you moved to the Midwest to have kids. Fuck you!"

The movie SLC punk had a great bit akin to that rant.

Edit: get off the internet and enjoy the trip CM, we will still be farting around when you get back.
Yea what he said...lol and don't forget my boomerang ;)

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Weather is turning, and might get some snow in the next day or two.

Just reading this thread gets me to thinking how important it is to be gracious with what life has provided. What some people don't understand, is your life is up to you. If you live in an area that isn't where the rock stars live, then move if that is where you want to live. It's up to you. Not your parents, not your kids, you. So stop bitching, and get out there and make life happen.

I was stuck in the bay area my entire life. I was making 100k a year, then a growers income on top of that. I WAS MISERABLE. The every day interactions with the mind set of people in that area was exhausting. An area where everybody thinks they know best, but they have never experienced real life. Just living life behind a computer screen. I was fed up, for over 5 years, and finally, I left.

Now I live in an area with folks that are much more conservative minded, and I fit in much better. Being allowed to talk about things like God if I choose, is a nice change. My blood pressure is back to normal, I don't blow up with anger at all anymore, and I continue to give thanks for the current situation I am in. Been meeting some real cool folks in the cannabis community with the right morals. So glad I got out of the bay area.

So remember, if you are unhappy where you are living......Then move. I know it isn't that easy, but make a list of why you can't move, then figure out ways to overcome that punch list. It will make you a new person.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Lol but there's no where to grow? Guess you can grow a double garage up run electric and water if you got the cash

Okay, okay. I just did a real quick search for a place under 200k in the foothills without any other intent than pointing out there are affordable places semi-close to town...and I'm partial to the foothills

2nd crazy winter in a row where its going to almost hit 70 today, mid damn February and may sustain for a little bit. Last year this happened and killed all the fruit buds when the weather turned in late March...no apples, no peaches, everything was lost for the whole area. The bears went starving and starting breaking in peoples homes, no dead fruit to build my compost piles up. I love this warm weather, but it can mess things up.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Weather is turning, and might get some snow in the next day or two.

Just reading this thread gets me to thinking how important it is to be gracious with what life has provided. What some people don't understand, is your life is up to you. If you live in an area that isn't where the rock stars live, then move if that is where you want to live. It's up to you. Not your parents, not your kids, you. So stop bitching, and get out there and make life happen.

I was stuck in the bay area my entire life. I was making 100k a year, then a growers income on top of that. I WAS MISERABLE. The every day interactions with the mind set of people in that area was exhausting. An area where everybody thinks they know best, but they have never experienced real life. Just living life behind a computer screen. I was fed up, for over 5 years, and finally, I left.

Now I live in an area with folks that are much more conservative minded, and I fit in much better. Being allowed to talk about things like God if I choose, is a nice change. My blood pressure is back to normal, I don't blow up with anger at all anymore, and I continue to give thanks for the current situation I am in. Been meeting some real cool folks in the cannabis community with the right morals. So glad I got out of the bay area.

So remember, if you are unhappy where you are living......Then move. I know it isn't that easy, but make a list of why you can't move, then figure out ways to overcome that punch list. It will make you a new person.

Nice, positive read this morning with some pineapple express and some coffee, thanks Bulldog. The hippy speedball.

"Last fair deal in the country,
Sweet Suzie, last fair deal in the town
Put your gold money where your love is baby,
Before you let my deal go down"

xavier7995

xavier7995

Couldn't have said it better myself. Couldn't wait to get out and see the world as soon as I hit 18; my folks were actually great on that front and exposed me to absolutely amazing things, i just had to do it for myself. Sadly every single person I knew growing up didn't really share the same view and all just stayed in their hometowns; at most moving an hour away. It continues to baffle me, but to each their own. I just remember for like 5 years in a row going home at christmas and going to see people and they would be sitting in the exact same spot on the couch doing the exact same thing they had the last time I saw them.

Took a while, but I just realized everyone is going to be different and have their own personal "right" place if you will. Haven't quite found my spot yet, some have come close, but will get there.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Where we are 200k could buy a real nice property
Our property was on the market for 18 months with only two showings
We fel in love instantly
For those who have visited you can see why
5 am in New Zealand been raining can't wait for day light to come and continue our adventure
Sure has changed. The cars are all more modern, lol the old classic mini coopers are gone traffic here in Timaru is bad seems like way more people but they are very friendly and I just love saying thanks luv to the gals, cheers mate to fellas, gidday to all
No weed sure is weird. Asked a fe stony looking folks not the season they say oh well
Can't wait for dawn its 20 hours ahead of coll time that and jet lag sure is weird
Hope you all have a greAt day
Will keep left driving may be good not all baked and confused will go with the flow keep calm and carry on
Cheers all

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We fel in love instantly
5 am in New Zealand been raining can't wait for day light to come and continue our adventure
Sure has changed. The cars are all more modern, lol the old classic mini coopers are gone traffic here in Timaru is bad seems like way more people but they are very friendly and I just love saying thanks luv to the gals, cheers mate to fellas, gidday to all
No weed sure is weird. Asked a fe stony looking folks not the season they say oh well
Can't wait for dawn its 20 hours ahead of coll time that and jet lag sure is weird
Will keep left driving may be good not all baked and confused will go with the flow keep calm and carry on
Cheers all

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We fel in love instantly
Cheers all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom