I have come to hate autos

• Thread starter cannafarmer420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I wanted ti have 2 harvests this year in a bad Chilmark outdoors. Every damn auto stunts or dies on me outdoors. None of my photos ever do this. The only success I had was growing indoors dor a long time in my tent then outside and it was OK, just so annoying people oversell this garbage. I HAVE A TRUE HATRED for those things wasting my time. I really wish I had just put in photos, autos are so finicky they should be cheap AF. Atlas seeds autos are garbage unless you grow them indoors 😡 you should advertise that 🤦‍♂️ aggrivating

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

I wanted ti have 2 harvests this year in a bad Chilmark outdoors. Every damn auto stunts or dies on me outdoors. None of my photos ever do this. The only success I had was growing indoors dor a long time in my tent then outside and it was OK, just so annoying people oversell this garbage. I HAVE A TRUE HATRED for those things wasting my time. I really wish I had just put in photos, autos are so finicky they should be cheap AF. Atlas seeds autos are garbage unless you grow them indoors 😡 you should advertise that 🤦‍♂️ aggrivating
I feel you, autos can be tricky outdoors, especially in certain climates. Photos tend to be more consistent. Have you thought about giving different auto strains a shot or just sticking with photos for now?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I feel you, autos can be tricky outdoors, especially in certain climates. Photos tend to be more consistent. Have you thought about giving different auto strains a shot or just sticking with photos for now?
I tried 3 kinds and all said beginner friendly. I've been growing quite a while and never have I dealt with this nightmare. When I emailed atlas they sounded like outdoors was a bad idea in the northeast. Even my bag seed outgrows these autos. I also tried a seedsman NL auto that were even worse. The one that grew well I vegged completely indoors but I don't have room to fully veg them all indoors. My photos can go out after week 2 and cruise. Autos have to be a foot tall to go out. I have some fast finishers left over though I'm gonna throw out there for now. Maybe the breeder just has bad autos I never have trouble with my photos, perplexing.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Planting outdoors in July usually leads to dead seeds I've found. I'm planting next April.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I always thought autos were made for bad climate outdoor area’s only to find out they don’t so well, I feel growing them indoors is a waste unless your in a real rush for something to smoke.
Next year you should give my Cinderella man crosses a shot outdoors. Most finish in 8 weeks.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I always thought autos were made for bad climate outdoor area’s only to find out they don’t so well, I feel growing them indoors is a waste unless your in a real rush for something to smoke.
Next year you should give my Cinderella man crosses a shot outdoors. Most finish in 8 weeks.
I will take you up on that. Thank you

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
Planting outdoors in July usually leads to dead seeds I've found. I'm planting next April.
I've grown outdoors for 20 years, my seedlings stay inside until they get true leaves and never have issues. It's the northeast and the worst part of it between all the lakes. But last year I ran all bag seed and had 6 foot plants, 🤷‍♂️

C

Cave_q

What other auto breeders have you tried? If not these, I would at least try Mephisto or Night owl a try. These breeders are top notch and have worked their lines for years and thru several filial generations. I’ve personally grown the grape crinkle strain outdoors with incredible success. Started outdoors and quick to harvest.
My friend has also dedicated a spot to solely autos now for the outdoor season. He runs twentymendocino. We are in the northeast as well

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
What other auto breeders have you tried? If not these, I would at least try Mephisto or Night owl a try. These breeders are top notch and have worked their lines for years and thru several filial generations. I’ve personally grown the grape crinkle strain outdoors with incredible success. Started outdoors and quick to harvest.
My friend has also dedicated a spot to solely autos now for the outdoor season. He runs twentymendocino. We are in the northeast as well
I have heard good things just shied away due to the price. Trustfall has some solid genetics for outdoor too. I think I should bite the bullet and go for quality. However atlas seeds photos are A plus so I assumed that their Auto's were as well.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
I have heard good things just shied away due to the price. Trustfall has some solid genetics for outdoor too. I think I should bite the bullet and go for quality. However atlas seeds photos are A plus so I assumed that their Auto's were as well.
I keep hearing their autos suck but I've never tried their autos. Their photos are amazing tho I'm growing one rn and a barneys farm glookies as well.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I keep hearing their autos suck but I've never tried their autos. Their photos are amazing tho I'm growing one rn and a barneys farm glookies as well.
I know right!? The photos are 🔥, definitely avoiding the autos from now on though since others have had bad luck as well it seems

C

Cave_q

Go on the Mephisto website and you can buy seeds individually. It come to around 20 a seed if you want just 1 but it allows for a big variety in just one purchase

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I come from the old school before autos were really a thing. They existed but it was more hearsay than anything. I never personally messed with autos, never found a use for them. I figure in some parts of the world like Alaska and anywhere where getting 12 hours of darkness is rare, that autos have their place, but I never understood why some people actually prefer to grow autos or grow them as much as they do if climate/light cycles aren't an issue.

To me, I figure if I want a quick season I'll just grow some pure indicas, and if I want massive trees I'll grow some sativas, but never really saw the attraction to autoflowers that some people have. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, as I always say. Whatever floats your boat, and what not. Personally I like to be able to have some control over when my plants start to flower, so they never really appealed to me very much.

Aside from the fact that you can't clone them, which is a huge turn off for me, as well..

7munkee

7munkee

I am in PA and grew some of Twenty20 Mendicino's Knows Candy autos. I can't attest to how they do outside, but they were extremely high quality in an indoor EarthBox(Organic SIP).

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I come from the old school before autos were really a thing. They existed but it was more hearsay than anything. I never personally messed with autos, never found a use for them. I figure in some parts of the world like Alaska and anywhere where getting 12 hours of darkness is rare, that autos have their place, but I never understood why some people actually prefer to grow autos or grow them as much as they do if climate/light cycles aren't an issue.

To me, I figure if I want a quick season I'll just grow some pure indicas, and if I want massive trees I'll grow some sativas, but never really saw the attraction to autoflowers that some people have. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, as I always say. Whatever floats your boat, and what not. Personally I like to be able to have some control over when my plants start to flower, so they never really appealed to me very much.

Aside from the fact that you can't clone them, which is a huge turn off for me, as well..
I am getting there myself to be honest, I'm gonna try trustfall and mephisto next year for one last go just because I always having to harvest early from weather conditions where I live

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I haven't grown autos. From what I've heard, it's hard to recover from problems because they grow so fast. That can make them a poor choice for beginners.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I haven't grown autos. From what I've heard, it's hard to recover from problems because they grow so fast. That can make them a poor choice for beginners.
I'm not a begginer to anything but the autos.

rasterman

rasterman

I tried 3 kinds and all said beginner friendly. I've been growing quite a while and never have I dealt with this nightmare. When I emailed atlas they sounded like outdoors was a bad idea in the northeast. Even my bag seed outgrows these autos. I also tried a seedsman NL auto that were even worse. The one that grew well I vegged completely indoors but I don't have room to fully veg them all indoors. My photos can go out after week 2 and cruise. Autos have to be a foot tall to go out. I have some fast finishers left over though I'm gonna throw out there for now. Maybe the breeder just has bad autos I never have trouble with my photos, perplexing.
I have the same experiences with autos. Fastbuds Auto AK Triple Haze didn't stunt on me this time, though. I may buy some more Fastbuds gear for next year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom