I have come to hate autos

• Thread starter cannafarmer420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rasterman

rasterman

I always thought autos were made for bad climate outdoor area’s only to find out they don’t so well, I feel growing them indoors is a waste unless your in a real rush for something to smoke.
Next year you should give my Cinderella man crosses a shot outdoors. Most finish in 8 weeks.
Well, technically, they usually handle the cold really well. The problem is their strategy - invoke their ruderalis defenses and stay super short. Auto breeders just don't seem to care about stunting as much as they care about getting $24 per seed.

Last edited:
rasterman

rasterman

What other auto breeders have you tried? If not these, I would at least try Mephisto or Night owl a try. These breeders are top notch and have worked their lines for years and thru several filial generations. I’ve personally grown the grape crinkle strain outdoors with incredible success. Started outdoors and quick to harvest.
My friend has also dedicated a spot to solely autos now for the outdoor season. He runs twentymendocino. We are in the northeast as well
I'm at 7200' elevation and Mephisto strains have always stunted for me if the temperature drops much below 60°F. And now they're charging enough for seeds that just thinking about putting it outside comes with risk.

I'm growing a Mango Smile and a Super Orange Haze that stunted. But I also have a 50 Shades of Grape going into stretch that looks like it'll reach a semi-decent size. They're all Mephisto strains.

Last edited:
rasterman

rasterman

I come from the old school before autos were really a thing. They existed but it was more hearsay than anything. I never personally messed with autos, never found a use for them. I figure in some parts of the world like Alaska and anywhere where getting 12 hours of darkness is rare, that autos have their place, but I never understood why some people actually prefer to grow autos or grow them as much as they do if climate/light cycles aren't an issue.

To me, I figure if I want a quick season I'll just grow some pure indicas, and if I want massive trees I'll grow some sativas, but never really saw the attraction to autoflowers that some people have. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, as I always say. Whatever floats your boat, and what not. Personally I like to be able to have some control over when my plants start to flower, so they never really appealed to me very much.

Aside from the fact that you can't clone them, which is a huge turn off for me, as well..
I grow them as insurance. You can stick them in any tent, on any light cycle and they'll produce for you. But it bugs me when I see statements at seedbanks that they're beginner-friendly because they're not. They're extremely finicky plants and the seeds are far overpriced for what you get.

Top Bottom