I need some help choosing the right light💡

• Thread starter MrGreenfinga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

So its my Birthday tomorrow and my Mom wnated to give me a gift i was looking at these 2 grow light😆👊

And this
I really cant decide
its a small area 60x60x180cm
Any suggestion are greathly appreciated😆👊

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
@MrGreenfinga - Either of those lights would work well. I have several ViparSpectra lights and can recommend them. I'm not familiar with the Migro, but it sounds good. Bar lights distribute the light well and a remote driver is nice.

One thing that irritates me about the new ViparSpectra lights is they've done away with the full-range dimmer. I'd rather use a dimmer than raise and lower the light. How does the Migro dimmer work?

figolus

figolus

@MrGreenfinga - Either of those lights would work well. I have several ViparSpectra lights and can recommend them. I'm not familiar with the Migro, but it sounds good. Bar lights distribute the light well and a remote driver is nice.

One thing that irritates me about the new ViparSpectra lights is they've done away with the full-range dimmer. I'd rather use a dimmer than raise and lower the light. How does the Migro dimmer work?
I had the same problem on my LED panel, I installed a dimmer myself to control the intensity of the light.

And happy birthday

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I’ve been running vipar p series (series before the sx series.)lights every day for going on 5 years.
No degradation over time.
Great construction.
I have 6 of them. No issue with any.
👊🏻🤡

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

The migro have a dimmer from 20-100% i think the ppfd is higher too really hard choice though both lights are very nice😆

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
The migro have a dimmer from 20-100% i think the ppfd is higher too really hard choice though both lights are very nice😆
My only complaint over the 1500 2023 edition is it only has 4 dimmer settings, the prior 1500xs went from 1 to 100% on the dial, other than that it is definitely far superior to the 1500xs. I imagine migros lights are 🔥 that's his niche is lighting.
Look up migros review on the 1500 2023 editon he RAVED about it.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

My only complaint over the 1500 2023 edition is it only has 4 dimmer settings, the prior 1500xs went from 1 to 100% on the dial, other than that it is definitely far superior to the 1500xs. I imagine migros lights are 🔥 that's his niche is lighting.
Look up migros review on the 1500 2023 editon he RAVED about it.
I think migro is the choice im going with its also a bit cheaper than the xs in my country looking hella sick too so excited for it😆🔥👊

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I know AC Infinity isn't on the list, but I have a T22 in a 28x28 tent (28 inches = 71 cm). It has a 10-step dimmer that is adequate. It isn't an inexpensive light, though. Its maximum power is 130 watts. The highest I've run it is step 5 and I just flipped the tent to flower. I think it's a good choice for a square tent and definitely worth considering if used with an AC Infinity controller.

M

monkey47

So its my Birthday tomorrow and my Mom wnated to give me a gift i was looking at these 2 grow light😆👊

And this
I really cant decide
its a small area 60x60x180cm
Any suggestion are greathly appreciated😆👊

150 is perfect for your space. its optimall for 60*60 flowering
I would go with a mars hydro TS1000 (Cheaper and i have good expierience with it)

I have a 70*70 and was first gonn buy a 150watt led but since the price difference is so small and i need like 180 watt for my surface area i am going to buy a fc e 3000 (300 watt) and dimm it down. this way the life span increases and if I ever switch to a bigger space i can use it at 100%) I also like the bar set up more then the board setup as it gives better airflow wthen those boards.

M

monkey47

so for that price you dont even get a dimmer ? most 150 watt led boards are dimmable. i think they are over priced anyways but if they are not even dimmable then just forget it. I only have a ts600 as led but looking to swap out my 250 watt hps with an fce 3000 (300 watt led) and keep the same hight but just up the power during flower and maybe boosting the wattage over the optimum at the last weeks of flower like i do now with my evsa.

I think price of those step in models leds went trough the roof the last couple of months. I bought my TS600 for +- 59 bucks new 3-4 months ago now they are almost double making the difference in price to buy a more expensive bar set up justifiable. most commercial grower i know using led dim down to roughly 80% power as a max setting because it greatly increases the longevity of the leds.

Those slighty more expensive bar set ups also have a better diode setup with regards to adding deep red and a bit of uv and I am not expecting to really be a lot of improvements on the higher scale lights with regard to performance and light frequency optimisation. I think we pretty much figured out what is optimal in terms of frequency with regards to light for cannabis. the data is there the amount is hughe. Maybe they ll be able to create better driver software for marginal light output increases but im thinking im only buying a new set up when LED in gernal is tought of like we now think of like HID.

I used to think plasma light would be the next thing after LED but the light vs heat output of LEDs for home and commercial grower is so nice i dont think we are gonna see allot of development in light systems that create that much heat like plasma do.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

150 is perfect for your space. its optimall for 60*60 flowering
I would go with a mars hydro TS1000 (Cheaper and i have good expierience with it)

I have a 70*70 and was first gonn buy a 150watt led but since the price difference is so small and i need like 180 watt for my surface area i am going to buy a fc e 3000 (300 watt) and dimm it down. this way the life span increases and if I ever switch to a bigger space i can use it at 100%) I also like the bar set up more then the board setup as it gives better airflow wthen those boards.
I also looked a lot on ts 1000
It was actually on my wishlist gor quite a while but its just a bit older and isnt as efficient as the newer ones on the market the fc e 3k is just expensive as hell but the bar setup is really nice makes some nice airflow in the growspace
But thanks man😆👊

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I know AC Infinity isn't on the list, but I have a T22 in a 28x28 tent (28 inches = 71 cm). It has a 10-step dimmer that is adequate. It isn't an inexpensive light, though. Its maximum power is 130 watts. The highest I've run it is step 5 and I just flipped the tent to flower. I think it's a good choice for a square tent and definitely worth considering if used with an AC Infinity controller.
Its a really nice choice too but ac is unfortunately not available in my country🥲

M

monkey47

I also looked a lot on ts 1000
It was actually on my wishlist gor quite a while but its just a bit older and isnt as efficient as the newer ones on the market the fc e 3k is just expensive as hell but the bar setup is really nice makes some nice airflow in the growspace
But thanks man😆👊
Yeah the FCE 3000 is a different price category but cheap for the category. I dont buy the samsung diode supperiority. not for that price increase anyways. I would buy a good 200 watt LED if there was one i could get easilly in EU (if the price was right comparing to a 300 wat set up) But most 200 watt leds are the same price or higher then the 300 watt Im planning to buy. Does not make sense to buy less power when the price is the same (if they are dimmable)

70x70 CM is all i have for the space and I need to max the amount i can get from that so I want max light for surface its cheaper then buying the amount of weed I smoke to invest in an over powered light. Hell, one harvest and I have the money back lol compared to when i smoke it.

is the latest TS1000 model considered less efficient per watt then that vipra spectra model you are looking to buy ?
It sure is allot of work comparing all those difference in models.

If i can get 1 gram/watt dried out of the LED then it has paid itself back after one month in comparison to having to buy it instead of growing)

Top Bottom