Is Hi Brix Molasses Better For Making An Aact

• Thread starter beanhoarder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beanhoarder

beanhoarder

I recently went to the grow store to pick up some bat guano and worm castings for my aact, and the guy there asked if I had molasses for it too, I told him I was just gonna get unsulphured molasses from the grocery store, he said that I'd be better off getting earth juices hi brix molasses. Just wondering if he's right

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

you're feeding microbes sugars and carbs...

brix is the amount of sugar in plant sap...

they are not really related...

I suppose an argument could be made that the product increases brix... but the same could be said for any regular unsulphured molasses or agave nectar for that matter... unless they can prove that they have more of some element or sugar in a more concentrated form than other types of molasses (which I do not seem to see them saying), this is my opinion, but I personally call "Snake Oil"

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

to clarify...

"Snake Oil" not in the sense of its a bad product that wont work.... but in the sense that they've very likely taken normal unsulphured molasses and repackaged it with a new shiny price tag.
In addition to their claims that are very generalized, apply to all unsulphured molasses and dont mean much, like:

Features:
• Ideal for both soil and hydroponics
• Will NOT burn flowers, fruits or vegetables
• Improves plant health and vigor
• A natural source of plant sugars
• Feeds soil microbes!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I recently went to the grow store to pick up some bat guano and worm castings for my aact, and the guy there asked if I had molasses for it too, I told him I was just gonna get unsulphured molasses from the grocery store, he said that I'd be better off getting earth juices hi brix molasses. Just wondering if he's right
The guy there wants you to buy what he's selling. You don't even have to stay with molasses, you can use table sugar, brown sugar, palm sugar, coconut sugar, all KINDS of sugars. As long as they're sugar.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

hi brix has phosphoric acid in it which will drop your ph and kill off a lot of your microherd if you use more than 10 ml a gallon

Use organic molasses only-- if you're using any compost or humus soil in your tea you don't need molasses you can use any organic sugar - with a new sugar source I start with 1/2 oz a gallon and if it doesn't look like it's popping off after 12 hours I'll add another 1/2 oz.

Best results for me have always been with the rawest molasses I can get.

beanhoarder

beanhoarder

Thanks for all the info , i found this for 5.99 a gallon, I usually pay 3.50$ for a small jar at the grocery store
Screenshot 2016 02 02 18 37 32

Top Bottom