Is spending extra on high end lights such as kind led, gavita, fluence worth it?

• Thread starter Beefcurtins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have ViparSpectra and AC Infinity lights. They seem to be good lights. My old ViparSpectra lights have variable dimmers, and the AC Infinity lights have 10-step dimmers. I haven't had any problems with either of them. That not saying I wouldn't try another brand the next time I buy a light, though.

I think getting lights that are the right size and shape for the tent is an important consideration. Bar lights make a lot of sense for larger tents.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Hi so I’m in the market for a new light and I was looking at a wide variety of price ranges and brands and I’m confused as to why certain brands have huge markups. Such as listed in the title. They don’t have anything that obviously makes them better so is it really just brand name prices you are paying for? Or is it worth paying 1800$ for kind led Vs getting ac infinity evo 8 for 1000ish? As if so why?
I've been at your point aswell a few Months back and seeked out the Forum for help and there was one comment that stuck with me
Welcome to the farm.

Have you grown under lights previously?

After considering many things about lights, I ended up recalling that I've grown some darn good weed with ordinary full spectrum grow lights. So, I asked myself how much better it could get if I invested in high-tech lights. The answer is not enough to be worth the cost or the effort. Just ask and you'll get many good suggestions for the right light(s) for the type of growing you plan to do.

If you have some Money to blow and wanna try some Fancy fully controllable spectrum lights by all means, i wont stop you,
but if you dont wanna overspend on Leds i can just give back what was suggested to me aswell. Get a Light from a reputable Brand with inexpsensive but not cheap Leds( no China/alibaba/Temu stuff) and invest the left over Money in enviromental control like De-/Humidifer, AC, Heater etc depending on your region or rather related growing gear.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
If you have some Money to blow and wanna try some Fancy fully controllable spectrum lights by all means, i wont stop you,
but if you dont wanna overspend on Leds i can just give back what was suggested to me aswell. Get a Light from a reputable Brand with inexpsensive but not cheap Leds( no China/alibaba/Temu stuff) and invest the left over Money in enviromental control like De-/Humidifer, AC, Heater etc depending on your region or rather related growing gear.
I think I would like to "try some Fancy fully controllable spectrum lights." I might buy one the next time I need a new light. They tend to last a long time, though. What I find most useful, however, is full-range power adjustment. You're right about buying a reputable brand, though, and it's so much fun to buy new equipment.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

I totally agree, Man needs their Tools and Gadgets xD i was fascinated by them aswell.
Have you heard of Kingbrite yet? I was about to get one of those as i found enough reports on some switzerland forums to not make be doubt them and they were about the same price as the Vipar Spectra i finally went for, but mosty because i didnt wanted to wait for the long delivery times.
They also have some other Leds that are sold as whitelable (i think its called in english?) like sold to another company and put their name on it.
And those seem to be fine aswell but they do added some nice profit margin for them. I think one of the Youtube Led Tester also tested one, either the array guy or coco for cannabis.
Either way im exticed to hear more if you decide to go for some Spectrum controlled Lights.

Top Bottom