Leaf minors, spider mites, and aphids 😬 help!!

• Thread starter Letsgrowthroughit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Still in early veg and Last week I sprayed them with capt Jack ready to use dead bug brew for spider mites because I noticed a small web and since have found one aphid and have track marks of leaf minors 😬😬 what happened? Does that stuff invite more than it kills? Or do I just have the worst luck?

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Yep! It looks like you have some critters. You're probably going to need to spray to control them. I recently started using AgroMagen GrowSafe and I like it.

I’ve used this onetime about 4-5 days ago. Should I spray again? Also do I leave spray sitting on plant for a certain time before next watering? I’m brand new to this and so proud of my babies, would hate to see them die!

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Yep! It looks like you have some critters. You're probably going to need to spray to control them. I recently started using AgroMagen GrowSafe and I like it.
I also have the powder but suede to the spray because I don’t like the look of the powder all over the plant from videos I’ve watched lol but if I have to, I have it

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I’ve used this onetime about 4-5 days ago. Should I spray again? Also do I leave spray sitting on plant for a certain time before next watering? I’m brand new to this and so proud of my babies, would hate to see them die!
I also have the powder but suede to the spray because I don’t like the look of the powder all over the plant from videos I’ve watched lol but if I have to, I have it

I'm not familiar with either of those. Sorry.

I do spray, though. I left the pesticides alone unless I sprayed buds. In that case, bud washing is something to consider. For nutrients, I sprayed with plain water after a day or so if I could see residue.

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

I'm not familiar with either of those. Sorry.

I do spray, though. I left the pesticides alone unless I sprayed buds. In that case, bud washing is something to consider. For nutrients, I sprayed with plain water after a day or so if I could see residue.
Thank you this was still very helpful!!

Chem77

Chem77

Spray captain jacks every 2-3 days for couple weeks for mites and aphids. I’ve never had leaf miners so not sure if it will work on them. Never spray when plants are in flowering or have buds.

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Spray captain jacks every 2-3 days for couple weeks for mites and aphids. I’ve never had leaf miners so not sure if it will work on them. Never spray when plants are in flowering or have buds.
Thank you I’ll be spraying them around 630 pm to make sure pollinators aren’t out and will keep repeating 2-3 days apart. I think I waited too long with the four to five days.

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

And to top everything else in my garden I found a damn looper today 🤦🏼‍♀️ luckily everything I have found on my plants so far are listed on the Captain Jack’s dead bug

P

Putthataway

You are bringing the pest eggs inside with a better environment to thrive without any of the natural predators to go after them. If you need to bring them inside for supplemental lighting you should use a shed or a garage. I ain’t gonna lie I would have been trying the same thing to save money on power but it’s too hot or cold where I reside to have made the same mistake.

N

Natep

Go to natures good guys web site. They have a control by pest section. It will tell you what bug will eat that bug. Tends to be a better long term fix. With mites the eggs don’t die when you spray. So you have to keep spraying over and over.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Go to natures good guys web site. They have a control by pest section. It will tell you what bug will eat that bug. Tends to be a better long term fix. With mites the eggs don’t die when you spray. So you have to keep spraying over and over.
not true the 50% strength isopropyl will kill all forms of the mite life stages and their eggs in one soaking/spraying,.. best to give a couple sprays over a couple days just to be sure,. obviously pesticide/insecticide companies don’t want you knowing this,…
yes i agree predator insects are good too but im not into maintaining or managing the plant to maybe get to a harvest,..
my grow now that i’ll be harvesting today/tomorrow was infected with spider and broad mites about 3 months ago,. the plants are stunningly beautiful (weekly updates on my thread),.

Z

Zab

Thanks for the info, (not needed now but stored just in case) do you happen to know anywhere in Canada that has cheap iso?

N

Natep

not true the 50% strength isopropyl will kill all forms of the mite life stages and their eggs in one soaking/spraying,.. best to give a couple sprays over a couple days just to be sure,. obviously pesticide/insecticide companies don’t want you knowing this,…
yes i agree predator insects are good too but im not into maintaining or managing the plant to maybe get to a harvest,..
my grow now that i’ll be harvesting today/tomorrow was infected with spider and broad mites about 3 months ago,. the plants are stunningly beautiful (weekly updates on my thread),.
Yeah if you can spray every single one.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks for the info, (not needed now but stored just in case) do you happen to know anywhere in Canada that has cheap iso?
i’m in canada where abouts are you?

Top Bottom