Leaf minors, spider mites, and aphids 😬 help!!

• Thread starter Letsgrowthroughit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Yes I was just reading something like that and was wondering which plants to get. I should do that in the green house with the lady bugs!! Thank you! Or do you think outside the green house surrounding it?
inside (heck maybe both) it seems to be helping. You still get some pests (fungus gnats for me) but not as big a problem as before when they're in your face everytime you open the tent. I have just a few sprouts here and there, I can only imagine what a garden of these plants can do. I'd start inside. (The basil in the pic has grown double it's size since) :) Have a few rosemary planted in the same pot as my ladies.
PXL 20240207 013406913

Last edited:
Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

inside (heck maybe both) it seems to be helping. You still get some pests (fungus gnats for me) but not as big a problem as before when they're in your face everytime you open the tent. I have just a few sprouts here and there, I can only imagine what a garden of these plants can do. I'd start inside. (The basil in the pic has grown double it's size since) :) Have a few rosemary planted in the same pot as my ladies. View attachment 2132617
Hell yeah!! Definitely gonna do this. I have some lady bugs coming already and I’m about to hit up the garden at home depot as well. Thanks, Can’t wait to see an improvement!!!

Prescribed.Burn

Prescribed.Burn

Captain jacks is systemic even though it's organic do not spray in flower at all. Really should cut out few weeks before flip. I've ran a test plant to the lab week 2 or 3 of flower and failed testing. Still doing studies for mid and late veg but at this point we only use during cloning and early veg for production. Suffoil x is a good product too but they don't make small bottles. Green cleaner good for spidermites. Azamax or azadirachtin products are good bonus to use along with lady bugs if you use at half or quarter strength won't hurt lady bugs too much.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I checked close by trees, bushes and plants and come to find out leaf miners are everywhere 😬 will a small green house help keep them out if I be extra careful with entering in only clean clothes straight out of the house? Or am I kind of screwed? Can’t do an inside grow out of respect for others in my home. Legal or not some just don’t like the smell 🙄😂
Filters! I’m the only person who smokes in my home, i make sure there’s never even a hint of a smell, as long as you keep up on your filters and have the exhausts set right you’ll never smell a thing

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Captain jacks is systemic even though it's organic do not spray in flower at all. Really should cut out few weeks before flip. I've ran a test plant to the lab week 2 or 3 of flower and failed testing. Still doing studies for mid and late veg but at this point we only use during cloning and early veg for production. Suffoil x is a good product too but they don't make small bottles. Green cleaner good for spidermites. Azamax or azadirachtin products are good bonus to use along with lady bugs if you use at half or quarter strength won't hurt lady bugs too much.
100% agree with this I have used jacks for aphids and it does a damn good job I think I did 3 applications 3 days apart each, and never saw another one but I’ll only spray up until flower then that’s it, then if needed I switch back to @GNick55 way and use the 99% ISO

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Ok yeah that’s why I wanna stop with the pesticide part of it organic or not I’m not gonna be testing so rather not use anymore. I seem to have got them under control as of right now. Fingers crossed that with all the new measures. I am taking and have taken this weekend that they will stay at bay! Thanks for the info two of my autos are just about making the switch it seems so I haven’t sprayed again.

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

100% agree with this I have used jacks for aphids and it does a damn good job I think I did 3 applications 3 days apart each, and never saw another one but I’ll only spray up until flower then that’s it, then if needed I switch back to @GNick55 way and use the 99% ISO
Yeah, I am pretty sure that killed everything. Hopefully nothing gets back on them while I wait on my plant screen to come. 😬

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Be careful with the home depot plants. Bought my Mom geraniums and they were full of leaf miners.
My mom just got me a peppermint plant that is infested with aphids from Walmart it’s all the way on my sidewalk. I’m about to spray capt jacks on it 😵🤦🏼‍♀️ I was trying to get beneficial companion plants and I guess peppermint does not repel aphids 💀 I’m confused though because it’s next to my basil and rosemary and the bugs don’t seem to mind After 24 hrs here on the sidewalk. At this point they all need sprayed before they enter my yard! Lol just concerned they aren’t gonna do my cannabis any justice 🤷🏼‍♀️

P

Putthataway

My mom just got me a peppermint plant that is infested with aphids from Walmart it’s all the way on my sidewalk. I’m about to spray capt jacks on it 😵🤦🏼‍♀️ I was trying to get beneficial companion plants and I guess peppermint does not repel aphids 💀 I’m confused though because it’s next to my basil and rosemary and the bugs don’t seem to mind After 24 hrs here on the sidewalk. At this point they all need sprayed before they enter my yard! Lol just concerned they aren’t gonna do my cannabis any justice 🤷🏼‍♀️
Interesting I bought my lady some spinach, cauliflower, and a mint plant. The aphids were all over the spinach and cauliflower. Didn’t touch the mint.

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Interesting I bought my lady some spinach, cauliflower, and a mint plant. The aphids were all over the spinach and cauliflower. Didn’t touch the mint.
Very interesting I wonder why they would be on my peppermint then.

P

Putthataway

Very interesting I wonder why they would be on my peppermint then.
I think some plants are naturally repellent to certain bugs. I thought it was interesting they didn’t touch the two mint plants. Now you have mint plants with them. Maybe different species or variety of mint?

P

Putthataway

I have a rosemary and citrus tree that both have shown signs of spider mites webbing. I believe both are supposed to be repellent plants for spider mites.

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

I have a rosemary and citrus tree that both have shown signs of spider mites webbing. I believe both are supposed to be repellent plants for spider mites.
So funny!! These pests are adapting and evolving I guess lmao can’t wait for my lady bugs to get here 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom