Lost's MPB's

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

The seals are general hydroponics seals the inner diameter is 1 1/4, outer is 1 3/4 ish. I just went to home depot and took the seal with me. Its expensive tubing, 3 dollars a foot, but its stron stuff and it works perfectly with the seals.

The good thing about the seals is they are available at most hydro stores and are available thru sunlight supply, on of the big distributers. The seals will run you about 2.50 each and you need 2 per bucket.

K

kushpheen

Hey lost whats the device you have pictured next to your air pump?
What size res would you recommend for 7 plants, same HD tubs as yours?
Are you using 3 gallon pots or the 10" net pots?

L

Lost

Hey lost whats the device you have pictured next to your air pump?
What size res would you recommend for 7 plants, same HD tubs as yours?
Are you using 3 gallon pots or the 10" net pots?

The black box is a prime 1/3 HP modular chiller. I keep my res set at 65 degrees. For a 7 plant system I would reccommend 2 low profile 100 gallon (115 is perfect, but hard to find and expensive). Remember they have to be low profile. I think DD's sinks his into the floor but I cannot do that, im on a conceter slab.

I use 10 inch netpots and a 5 gallon bucket with the top cut off and pushed thru the lid. If you look at my tub girls thread I have a lame ass how to on it. :)

L

Lost

One thing I was to poin out is that the res is only 1/5th full when running. The reason for such a huge res is that if your pump fails or the electricity goes out, I would over top the res. I could put a check valve in place and I will probablly do that but its nice to fill up the res, mix the nutes, and hit the switch on the pump and I can walk away. The check valve will be a nice addition when I can find a nice barbed one. Cant seem to find any around here... The res ends up haveing about 20-25 gallons in it while running so the pumps will function.

M

mrdizzle

i hooked up the check valve and it will improve your life a great deal, allows the system to hold 2x more water, im only topping mine once or twice a week. i found it at a pond store and i had to glue in the barbed fittings but its really great. it also keeps water in the tubs incase of a power outage, so the roots dont dry out.

K

kushpheen

Whats that white box sitting next to the airpump on top of the chiller?

Just got my check valve yesterday, thanks for the tip diz...

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

Hey lost....

The large clear tubes...like 2 1/2 or 3" kinda looks like the flexible pvc i use for outdoor ponds/waterfalls ....Don't know if you get any of your stuff from a pond/waterfall store....but i know they carry a black tubing 2 1/2 and 3" at almost every pond store i've been..looks like it would work perfect for what your doin...and they usually carry all kinds of fittings...I buy a lot of compression fittings for installs that require no glue....Hope it helps! ..thanks for the great post!

L

Lost

Whats that white box sitting next to the airpump on top of the chiller?

Just got my check valve yesterday, thanks for the tip diz...

The white box is the thermostat for the chiller and the black box is the UV sterilizer for the chiller. I run it occationally.

Ok, next week I'll go check valve hunting. Thanks for the info KP!

E

easypleasie

My local Lowes has pvc check valves in 1/2" to 2" sizes. Small price to pay for peace of mind!

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I get the brass check valves at the local hardware for 'round $10 each depending on size, then I screw in the barb fittings and connect to the hoses

L

Lost

Well, here is what I built. Check valve and bypass for res changes..

Thoughts?

Checkvalveandbypass
M

mrdizzle

i love it, make sure the check valve is the right side up otherwise it wont swing closed, should say this side up on the check valve

Top Bottom