Maya42 Sohum Outdoor Grow 2015

• Thread starter maya42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maya42

maya42

High all!
I've been lurking for awhile and have observed and learned.

This year I have mustered the nerve to try some good ol TH planters.

I have built 20 300 gallon pots with a few different soil mixes.

I have made 1 HL mix with all the bales of sun shine mix, one planter with TH's recipe and mixed ther rest with a combination of those two recipes and added my own extra ingredients.

The strains I will be running this year are:

Kosher kush- regular seeds- reserva privada.
Ohgeez- my personal
Kosher bacon - my personal
Fire hog - my personal
Sunset Bubba - my personal
XJ-13 x salmon creek ogx - first time personal
cheery bomb v2 - socal seeds.
super sliver haze - Mr nice
nl5/haze - Mr. Nice
Black widow - Mr. Nice
Alien boss og - first time personal
Briceland sour diesel - Friend

Here's a few pics from today
Maya42 sohum outdoor grow 2015
Maya42 sohum outdoor grow 2015 2
Maya42 sohum outdoor grow 2015 3

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

subbed, i love these huge outdoor grows...with my indoor i can only do guerilla outdoor...so i always like watching these...wish i had land

maya42

maya42

Foliar feeding, aacts, top feeding and using some fpe's. I like alfalfa, how bout you guys? I want to try comfrey, nettles and horsetail this year. Need some more reading/information on these though.
I'm

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

FPE's? Alfalfa is great, but I don't really use it much. I find liquid fish and/or crab meal to be a supirior source of N. Sea Shield from American Ecco Agriculture is what I use. I am with you, ACT's, foliar feeds, fertigation and top dressing all summer long. I am starting a garden bed, and ordered seeds for comfrey which I plan to use for compost mostly. Same with the nettle on the property.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I like alfalfa for its triacontanol, poops are better for N. If you want to use alfalfa, make sure it's had some time to decompose unless you're going with meal.

I find comfrey to be far too demanding of water to be of any use to me here, I flat out refuse to use precious water on something like that. I use instead what I find growing vigorously around me. That would be various oxalis species, while we have three thistle species I'll only use milk thistle, woolly mullein, and, thanks to a post YEARS ago from you on another site, @Bulldog11 I also use spent flower blossoms. Now that I've got a couple of years' worth of chicken litter I'm adding that during the fall/winter months to the beds.
My goal this year is to hit 6+ on the og strains. I had 5.5 last year off of the Ohgeez and close to that with the kosher bacon. Anyone seen any calcium 25 in sohum?
I have Ca25, ordered online. I've never seen it offered for sale in any garden shop, but then I don't visit a lot of garden shops (let alone hydro shops).

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@ChalkyWhite your right, after reading what I wrote, it didn't make it clear that I was comparing the added benefits of fertilizers that contain sufficient amounts of N.

Your right, guanos also have good trace minerals and depending on the kind of guano it can also be rich in N-P and K.

My bad, I haven't even smoked yet. That might be the problem.

EDIT: SeaShield the product from American Eco Agriculture that I use also has a NPK of 2-1-1

Double EDIT: @maya42 Is the sunrise bubba a cross between Sunrise sherbet and bubba? I just got my hands on the sunrise and you already have offspring, good work. How did you like the sunrise sherbet? (assuming that is what the cross is)

Last edited:
maya42

maya42

No, never heard of sunrise sherbert .
Sunset Bubba is a cross of the clone only pre 98 Bubba and an og cross out of salmon creek.
it gets its name from the colors it changes in the fall. Gold to black purple.

maya42

maya42

I think guano is great! Top feed with it no doubt.

I'm a little nervous about giving these plants in the T.H. mix a dose of alfalfa and fish.
I know the benefits are awesome but it might be too much this early.

Anyone have any experience with these planters?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have experience with Smart Pots and I'm moving away from them due to the water demands. Great for a place with plenty of or even excess water, terrible for drought.
I've 60 gallons of fermented alfalfa juice. Sea maiden have you tried the alfalfa recipe with fish hydrolysate and Epsom? That is some amazing stuff.
I have not! I have all three on hand, and I'm not familiar with a specific recipe. Care to share? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom