Nearly perfect environment STILL PROBLEMS please help

• Thread starter FlyingToast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FlyingToast

hopefully they will do the job yes... i used natural power enzyme+ (its from advanced hydroponics of holland company)
I also think the air is enough, the air stones are flat round and so large they fill almost half the buckets bottom, so they throw bubbles everywhere

It might take me a couple of days to upload a video but i will,
i cant thank you enough for taking the time to answer me! i appreciate it deeply!!

R

RhastaBlasta

I'd say she needs Zink or Potassium, but...the conditions are great, perhaps pests or genetic stuff

F

FlyingToast

I'd say she needs Zink or Potassium, but...the conditions are great, perhaps pests or genetic stuff
genetics are off the table, because those are 3 different strains from 3 different companies, one being haze, one being kush, and one being hybrid, and they all suffer exactly the same problems, after we see what all this extra aeration does, i will for sure start looking at nutrient problems, but the GH trio+ cal mag sounds preety complete for early veg, i dont know, we'll see, thanks for the input!

also i'm positive that there are no pests,since i've dealt with almost everything in the past and the grow room is FAR AWAY from any other plant or nature

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

hopefully they will do the job yes... i used natural power enzyme+ (its from advanced hydroponics of holland company)
I also think the air is enough, the air stones are flat round and so large they fill almost half the buckets bottom, so they throw bubbles everywhere

It might take me a couple of days to upload a video but i will,
i cant thank you enough for taking the time to answer me! i appreciate it deeply!!
@FlyingToast
make sure to link me so i can see the progress here,
cheers!

F

FlyingToast

@FlyingToast
make sure to link me so i can see the progress here,
cheers!
Here's a couple videos,root photos and plant photos

The roots seem colored to me (the enzyme I threw in was EXACTLY this colour, so this is where I blame the gunk, I don't think it's rot, but I do think that the plants have very little roots for their size)

Plants overall seem to like the new air, all of them a bit greener, some are actively growing, and the big one still droopy,I feel like I should wait like 3-5 days till I change anything else, could be the shock and the fact they has all their "childhood" in a sick state

That's what I think, I'd love you guys opinion this

Signal 2024 03 08 14 24 52 596
Signal 2024 03 08 14 25 32 589
Signal 2024 03 08 14 25 28 194
Signal 2024 03 08 14 25 24 205
Signal 2024 03 08 14 25 19 264
Signal 2024 03 08 14 25 14 772
Signal 2024 03 08 14 25 09 080
Signal 2024 03 08 14 25 02 821
Signal 2024 03 08 14 56 20 438
Signal 2024 03 08 14 57 00 660
Choppr

Choppr

current grow these plants are 3.5 weeks old(when photographed) at 259 (elemental) ppms (see mix below) - I run a hybrid system (sterile/living system) this evolved over many years in Hydro - your plants look burnt in the 1st pics, but the final pics are showing rot... the rot will stop any uptake, so you will have cascading issues...these issues you are having are systemic, until you have control of your system these issues will continue. if you need help on your next run DM me - right on!

#vivosun (15% off vivosun products promocode chopsgrow) #megacrop #marshydro

IMG 6147
IMG 6146
Screenshot 2024 03 08 091054
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Here's a couple videos,root photos and plant photos

The roots seem colored to me (the enzyme I threw in was EXACTLY this colour, so this is where I blame the gunk, I don't think it's rot, but I do think that the plants have very little roots for their size)

Plants overall seem to like the new air, all of them a bit greener, some are actively growing, and the big one still droopy,I feel like I should wait like 3-5 days till I change anything else, could be the shock and the fact they has all their "childhood" in a sick state

That's what I think, I'd love you guys opinion this
new grow seems to be perking up and better green to my eyes, isn't it?
air bubbles looks plenty, roots got more brown, maybe because of the enzymes color ? your ferts are very brown too? humic acids in it?
btw @Choppr know his stuff in dwc :-)
he is running only ~300ppm for that size plants he posted, so yep you could bring it even lower than 400ppm i said before.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

hydroguard is good stuff as a prevention and helps with healthy roots environment too, yep brownish ferts will stain roots.
hydroguard and proper aeration i think will solve your problems
and get the nutrient mix down to ph 5.8, 0.6-0.8EC, up to 0.8-1.0EC in a week or two
"and get the nutrient mix down to ph 5.8, 0.6-0.8EC, up to 0.8-1.0EC in a week or two" quoting myself lol

that EC of 0.6-0.8 is equivalent to 300-400ppm.

Choppr

Choppr

@FlyingToast, where's your water level? You want 1-2" air space right? These are 2 different zones, the airspace is the oxygen rich humidity zone, and the other is deep water zone. Most of the Magic happens in that Humidity Zone.

I use a Vivosun 32 watt Commercial Air Pumps - use my promo code if you go that way, and these air stones or similar dome shaped, they produce good smaller bubbles, good advice as @Trash_2002 mentioned - https://a.co/d/6QOlWm1

F

FlyingToast

current grow these plants are 3.5 weeks old(when photographed) at 259 (elemental) ppms (see mix below) - I run a hybrid system (sterile/living system) this evolved over many years in Hydro - your plants look burnt in the 1st pics, but the final pics are showing rot... the rot will stop any uptake, so you will have cascading issues...these issues you are having are systemic, until you have control of your system these issues will continue. if you need help on your next run DM me - right on!

#vivosun (15% off vivosun products promocode chopsgrow) #megacrop #marshydro
First of all huge respect on rate on growth and on the patience you had to reach that level as a grower...I'm trying to be a good grower my self and that's why I invest in sensors and PH pumps, I'm trying to have as much as possible under control. My plants are almost 2 months old and are not even half the size of yours, it's crazy, here I will try to address everything you said one by one :

About root rot :
The roots seem colored to me (the enzyme I threw in was EXACTLY this colour,and it was a very dense gunk-like liquid, I will send photos of it if you want, it's the Advanced hydroponics of Holland Enzyme+, so this is where I blame the gunk, I really don't think it's rot since my roots were much better 2 days ago(look at my previous answers that had photos of roots) , and since then I have good oxygen, it would be weird to have rot upon introducing oxygen (I'm not trying to be a smart ass I am just explaining my train of thought and I'd love for you to correct me on that so I can start thinking the right way)

Now about nutrients : for sure my nutrient solution is high, I will lower it in something like 350ppm... but I have trouble deciding what those 350ppm should consist of. I use tap water that comes at about 150ppm by itself .

really don't know a lot about nutrients just the basics (what nutrients in what period of growing, mixing order etc) I don't go that deep like you..and if you are growing on these low ppms then please let me know how I can balance my nutrient solution... I use general hydroponics trio and general hydroponics fulvic acid, the Atami CalMag and then the enzyme+ I talked about earlier... any thoughts about what ratio of those I should use? My sister runs at about 60-70 liters of water and I am following the gh schedule that says something in the neighborhood of 1ml per liter on all 3 of the gh trio that leads to 1-1.2 EC

So practically my mixing order goes as follows for a 70liter system
First of all I let the 70liters dechlorinate for 24 hours, then I put it in the system and I begin to mix notes :
50ml of cal mag and let it recirculate for 5'

70ml of gh micro and let it recirculate for 5'

70ml of grow and let it recirculate for 5'

70ml of bloom (I know I don't need that much or any at all at this point) and let it recirculate for 5'

And finally GHfulvic and enzyme+

pH stays at a rock solid 5.8 because of my automatic ph pump

Yes I have at least 1" of distance between the pots and the water, but I can't guarantee it's more than 2"

And finally if I were to start again, I would LOVE the help of someone as deeply experienced as you!

Last edited:
F

FlyingToast

new grow seems to be perking up and better green to my eyes, isn't it?
air bubbles looks plenty, roots got more brown, maybe because of the enzymes color ? your ferts are very brown too? humic acids in it?
btw @Choppr know his stuff in dwc :-)
he is running only ~300ppm for that size plants he posted, so yep you could bring it even lower than 400ppm i said before.
Yes new growth has in fact perked up, and is Indeed greener! About root colour i explained on my answer to choppr, humic acid I don't have, just fulvic(I said all the nutrients I used on my answer to choppr)

F

FlyingToast

@Choppr @Trash_2002

I diluted the mix even further to 442 ppm
Should I dilute even further? To say 300ppm? I don't want to shock them even more, would that be an issue?

I made sure we have 2.5 inches between the net pot and the water

Generally they look better,some still droopy some perked up, and they now look like just nutrient problems in my opinion, to me they look burned and I see some clawing so nitrogen toxicity?

The air stones was a significant change, these guys started growing slowly and 4/6 even threw brand new roots! Here are pics of everything

Screenshot 2024 03 10 20 40 12 992 commiuigallery
IMG 20240310 203915
IMG 20240310 203859
IMG 20240310 203812
IMG 20240310 203801
IMG 20240310 203753
IMG 20240310 203737
IMG 20240310 203730
IMG 20240310 204535
IMG 20240310 204532
IMG 20240310 204530
IMG 20240310 204527
IMG 20240310 204525
IMG 20240310 204522
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

@Choppr @Trash_2002

Should I dilute even further? To say 300ppm? I don't want to shock them even more, would that be an issue?

Generally they look better,some still droopy some perked up, and they now look like just nutrient problems in my opinion, to me they look burned and I see some clawing so nitrogen toxicity?

The air stones was a significant change, these guys started growing slowly and 4/6 even threw brand new roots! Here are pics of everything
Good news, New white roots forming and newer grow seems to be getting out of lock, it will be a slowish recovery but already started, the droopyness and problems happened mainly because of low dissolved oxygen and root rot. Now you got this, do you have other clones or seeds you can start? Or you can try to see where they go from here and learn as much as you can.
Lower it to 400ppm next fill-up with a fully new nutrients mix. See what happens in a week or two.

F

FlyingToast

Good news, New white roots forming and newer grow seems to be getting out of lock, it will be a slowish recovery but already started, the droopyness and problems happened mainly because of low dissolved oxygen and root rot. Now you got this, do you have other clones or seeds you can start? Or you can try to see where they go from here and learn as much as you can.
Lower it to 400ppm next fill-up with a fully new nutrients mix. See what happens in a week or two.
I will for sure lower it further in about a week, unfortunately I am not able to start anything else, I was hoping to getting them into "full" health and taking my time,making sure they are fully healthy before I initiate flowering,so you think that's a viable strategy? Or the fact that they had such a stressful early life will definitely lead to mediocre buds? I don't need top shelf bud, but I do need GOOD bud, what do you guys think

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I will for sure lower it further in about a week, unfortunately I am not able to start anything else, I was hoping to getting them into "full" health and taking my time,making sure they are fully healthy before I initiate flowering,so you think that's a viable strategy? Or the fact that they had such a stressful early life will definitely lead to mediocre buds? I don't need top shelf bud, but I do need GOOD bud, what do you guys think
Yep they seems to be slowly but surely recovering, after more white roots form you can try to slowly remove the rotted ones. So you get rid of the old problematic roots.andnlet the white healthy stuff thrive faster.

F

FlyingToast

Yep they seems to be slowly but surely recovering, after more white roots form you can try to slowly remove the rotted ones. So you get rid of the old problematic roots.andnlet the white healthy stuff thrive faster.
Alright,sounds like a plan! Let's wait for @Choppr to weigh in, I'd love his opinion

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
@Choppr @Trash_2002

Hydro seems like a PIA

F

FlyingToast

Pain in the ass
Ιt is more difficult to master, but there are some advantages (higher yields and faster growth if done correctly of course)and if you are looking for TOTAL control over all aspects of growing, it's one of your very few choices... It's really a preference,some people just go outdoor, have no control over anything, and at the same time enjoy that they only have to water the plant from the hose 🤷🏻‍♀️

Top Bottom