Nearly perfect environment STILL PROBLEMS please help

• Thread starter FlyingToast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Another very important thing, think in investing on a chiller, 24c water temp is not good to water oxygen holding capabilities and will also breed ground for possible root rot in the future. Since its already a RDWC it will be easy to install.
Water has its best oxygen holding capability at 21c, thats the sweet spot. In fact that could be a large portion of why root rot took place.
@FlyingToast

F

FlyingToast

Another very important thing, think in investing on a chiller, 24c water temp is not good to water oxygen holding capabilities and will also breed ground for possible root rot in the future. Since its already a RDWC it will be easy to install.
Water has its best oxygen holding capability at 21c, thats the sweet spot. In fact that could be a large portion of why root rot took place.
i set the room temperature at 22c day and 18c night , and that made the water temps 21c on the dot, so that's fixed, the plants perked up and they look better, i will be adding another air pump too, and i dropped some enzymes in the tank to help with the possible root rot, also +12ml of calmag just to address those spots and the thing that looks like magnesium deficiency, we are now at 470ppm i hope it is not too much and it gets better, we'll see
Also, the plants are looking HUNGRY as shit but at the same time not taking any nutes...this has been confusing

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

i set the room temperature at 22c day and 18c night , and that made the water temps 21c on the dot, so that's fixed, the plants perked up and they look better, i will be adding another air pump too, and i dropped some enzymes in the tank to help with the possible root rot, also +12ml of calmag just to address those spots and the thing that looks like magnesium deficiency, we are now at 470ppm i hope it is not too much and it gets better, we'll see
Also, the plants are looking HUNGRY as shit but at the same time not taking any nutes...this has been confusing
your room air temperature should be around 27c with leds for good photosynthesis without co2. 27c during the day 21-22 during night is nice..
BUT the water temperature has to be 21max for DWC. higher than that things can go sour quickly with root rot and other pathogens.

F

FlyingToast

your room air temperature should be around 27c with leds for good photosynthesis without co2. 27c during the day 21-22 during night is nice..
BUT the water temperature has to be 21max for DWC. higher than that things can go sour quickly with root rot and other pathogens.
i understand that, but i have to choose between one of the 2.. unfortunately i can't have a chiller right now, the water temperature can only be optimized through environmental temperature, if i set the room temperature at 27 its over xD

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

i understand that, but i have to choose between one of the 2.. unfortunately i can't have a chiller right now, the water temperature can only be optimized through environmental temperature, if i set the room temperature at 27 its over xD
yep we can only do what we can hehehehe there's no other way around.
whenever possible, get a chiller, you will be glad you did.
i hope for a good recovery of the ladies there.

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

I’m using ice bottles to bring water temperature down It’s a bit of a pain but it works until I can afford a water cooler £280 for a 60lt one perfect for my 50lt RDCW system it’s like waking up to feed a kid at 2am 🤣 hope you get sorted mate if I can help I will happy growing 🪴

IMG 3842

Latest posts

Top Bottom