New Autoflower and Tester seed run

• Thread starter Gtglicky3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Choppr

Choppr

My @Bilber style plant finally touching water. It’s an Auto on week 3 today. I figured if I’m gonna try something new why not make it harder with an auto. I have a BluTerple in a small cup still gonna leave it on standby incase the auto doesn’t work outView attachment 2123926View attachment 2123927
Topped it today as well
now add a pump and air-stone($20.00) and they will flourish, kratky wont cut it on Cannabis! this method is outdated, it is actually the oldest form of Hydro, sorry it doesn't work (well) for cannabis! Think of growing something in a stagnant pond, Ive been in Hydro for over 15 years, its the Oxygenated Water and the humidity zone above the water level!
Hempy Buckets are a better version if your still trying not to use power?, and it actually works very well for cannabis... (research: hempy buckets)
Im not throwing shade but Ive already done all of these methods 20 years ago as I was stepping into Hydro...
I think you guys are tip toeing towards hydro... have fun, experiments are what get you to the endgame - need any tips/tricks when your ready to go hydro let me know glad to help!

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

now add a pump and air-stone($20.00) and they will flourish, kratky wont cut it on Cannabis! this method is outdated, it is actually the oldest form of Hydro, sorry it doesn't work (well) for cannabis! Think of growing something in a stagnant pond, Ive been in Hydro for over 15 years, its the Oxygenated Water and the humidity zone above the water level!
Hempy Buckets are a better version if your still trying not to use power?, and it actually works very well for cannabis... (research: hempy buckets)
Im not throwing shade but Ive already done all of these methods 20 years ago as I was stepping into Hydro...
I think you guys are tip toeing towards hydro... have fun, experiments are what get you to the endgame - need any tips/tricks when your ready to go hydro let me know glad to help!
1 is Kratky the 1 with the arrow is a hempy bucket with a 3” reservoir of round stone. The 2 all the way to the right are in sand and stone and the other 2 are in coco husk. All 6 are just experiments. And thank you for offering help it’s always appreciated
IMG 0079

Bilber

Bilber

Gt....thank you for the credit, but someone else did it around 2020ish.....maybe 2021ish.....everything looks great...! I've flowered my original smaller one for this experiment.....I have enough veg nutes, unless I need to add, till stretch is over......then I'll change to my flower regimen.....looks great Gt....and thank you again for the beans....

Bilber

Bilber

Chop.....you are very awesome! I definitely appreciate your offer...!...you mentioned that in my thread....thank you for that....Kratky is a age old way of growing.....usually vegetables.....now....a few other attempts at this way of growing that has failed many, many times.....you are probably 200% right.....but this kids gotta find out the hard way.....and truth be told......I was originally going to run rdwc.....but I didn't have a pump and all that.....so far.....the Kratky Method is set it and forget it.....

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Gt....thank you for the credit, but someone else did it around 2020ish.....maybe 2021ish.....everything looks great...! I've flowered my original smaller one for this experiment.....I have enough veg nutes, unless I need to add, till stretch is over......then I'll change to my flower regimen.....looks great Gt....and thank you again for the beans....
Well your the 1st person I seen do it so just trying to give you your props. And no problem buddy thank you as well I’m pumped for the pebbles

Choppr

Choppr

Chop.....you are very awesome! I definitely appreciate your offer...!...you mentioned that in my thread....thank you for that....Kratky is a age old way of growing.....usually vegetables.....now....a few other attempts at this way of growing that has failed many, many times.....you are probably 200% right.....but this kids gotta find out the hard way.....and truth be told......I was originally going to run rdwc.....but I didn't have a pump and all that.....so far.....the Kratky Method is set it and forget it.....
nah man, your following the path of many growers.. I ran soils from late 70's to the early 90's, then i experimented my way into hydro...once you get your head around it, its all gonna click! Once i got it, I watched cannabis go into high gear, 25% faster growth, never knew what she was capable of... dumped my soil in the backyard garden never looked back! let me know when your ready! right on!

Bilber

Bilber

No joke.....I can only imagine what a true rdwc or the like, could do.......I'm kinda speechless with how the Kratky is growing.......I think I would be in trouble with a true setup.....my veg area is small......until flowering area opens up.....then that gets turned to temp veg.....I don't think I could manage the explosive growth that I believe would happen.......

RDWCTraveler

RDWCTraveler

No joke.....I can only imagine what a true rdwc or the like, could do.......I'm kinda speechless with how the Kratky is growing.......I think I would be in trouble with a true setup.....my veg area is small......until flowering area opens up.....then that gets turned to temp veg.....I don't think I could manage the explosive growth that I believe would happen.......
I've been doing RDWC for a while.
I've used 5gal and 13gal buckets and reservoirs. Using Cultured Solutions 4part nutrients. Run as sterile system. I find it easier to maintain. Have not had any issues with root rot or water control. Fewer water changes too. I've grown autos for many years in both soil and hydro, indoor and out. My results have consistently been in hydro without a tent.
PXL 20231105 150627416

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

A little tie down & more topping action on the BluTerple Plant #1 every top got clipped
IMG 0133

IMG 0134

Plant #2 clipped the top on everything but the center 2 just copying the bigger 1
IMG 0135

Plant #3 the self topped mutant topped 1 head afew days ago and the other head today
IMG 0138

Plant #4 was a failed FIM and has been in a tiny cup for to long I transplanted it yesterday
IMG 0137

Failed FIM on one of the auto but turned into a nice cluster of branches just in time for pre-flower
IMG 0145
IMG 0147

RDWCTraveler

RDWCTraveler

A little tie down & more topping action on the BluTerple Plant #1 every top got clipped
View attachment 2125352
View attachment 2125355
Plant #2 clipped the top on everything but the center 2 just copying the bigger 1View attachment 2125356
Plant #3 the self topped mutant topped 1 head afew days ago and the other head todayView attachment 2125357
Plant #4 was a failed FIM and has been in a tiny cup for to long I transplanted it yesterday View attachment 2125360
Failed FIM on one of the auto but turned into a nice cluster of branches just in time for pre-flowerView attachment 2125369View attachment 2125370
You might find this article about increasing bud sites interesting

Personally, I've tried tying branches to train them and increase yield.
I'm too lazy. Once stems are strong enough, I'll bend almost to the breaking point. I find that this helps to increase bud sites that are closer to the light source.

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

You might find this article about increasing bud sites interesting

Personally, I've tried tying branches to train them and increase yield.
I'm too lazy. Once stems are strong enough, I'll bend almost to the breaking point. I find that this helps to increase bud sites that are closer to the light source.
You mean like this. lol. If you go through my thread you’ll see I do a little bit of everything I’m limited space indoors I got 2 closets and I like variety

IMG 9058
IMG 9059
Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Yeah, like that. I like the green supports!
Got them on Amazon there pretty cheap. I like those adjustable clip more than the other solid clips. It makes it easier to gradually bend them I use tiedowns because those branches aren’t long enough for the clips.

Some good articles that cover all the bases of plant training. RQS has some really good articles about everything & anything. Google what you’re looking for then put RQS at the end and boom.

RDWCTraveler

RDWCTraveler

Got them on Amazon there pretty cheap. I like those adjustable clip more than the other solid clips. It makes it easier to gradually bend them I use tiedowns because those branches aren’t long enough for the clips.

Some good articles that cover all the bases of plant training. RQS has some really good articles about everything & anything. Google what you’re looking for then put RQS at the end and boom.
Thanks! Yes, RQS is quite a resource for information. I've used their site a lot.

Choppr

Choppr

Lemon Stank? Clone ain’t pretty but has rooted. Nothing yet for the BBMRxOBSView attachment 2125510View attachment 2125511
BBMRxOBS
View attachment 2125512
I have had to "monster crop" many times, its never pretty, now you got another 30+ days of reveg! they will look like freaks when they reveg, notice the single blade and 3 blade leaves, and then they will just snap out of it! Once they reveg they seem to grow like beasts too! (then you can clone, and/or reverse for pollen/seed stock) good luck preserving that pheno...(pictured are reveg fruity pebbles og)

IMG 1636 10 8 20
IMG 1637 10 8 20
IMG 1660 10 22 20
Top Bottom