Seed Storage

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

IMAG0138
I was able to get a couple packs of seeds ( sour bubble, and boggle gum )from BOG at Cannabis Cup this weekend. I am super stoked about it but can't pop them for a while. What is the best way to store them? Thanks
Just wondering if you think I should start or new thread or can I continue here I'm experimenting ,researching and finding plenty of interesting results in freezing marijuana seeds.....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Advanced, naw cuz a very simple approach was taken it's up to cannabis John

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Best of luck man. Sending good vibes to you and those beans ;) The humidity domes should help the medium stay moist, but of course make sure that top layer doesn't dry out, while making sure to not over-saturate.

My super high tech method of germination is also simply planting the seeds into soil (after a quick scuff in my super high tech "scuffbox") and I have excellent results - in fact I planted an 11-pack of Goji's on Sunday night, and have 10 healthy sprouts as of last night (so, basically 48 hours, but 36 hours since the first one broke ground), with the last one about to break the soil right now. But, I do believe that my super high tech germination method has a higher success rate with a tad bit of warmth. If you don't have enough seedling heat mats for all of those, just make sure they are in a room that is slightly above average room temp, ~72-75F to improve your chances.

Curious to see how many of these pop for you - we're all going to look like fools if you get > 90% - lol. If so, at least you'll have a bunch of seedlings to choose from eh?

What strains?
So far so good ...over 50% germ rate on MK-ULTRA S 1's over 50% on Northern Lights f3's
20% on really old Northern Lights but this is barely end of day 3.......
To be continued

Cold Country

Cold Country

I have seen many a volunteer plant that came through after a harsh winter,that's about 5 months of frozen fun,thinking about putting a few out now and see what happens at thaw.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Best of luck man. Sending good vibes to you and those beans ;) The humidity domes should help the medium stay moist, but of course make sure that top layer doesn't dry out, while making sure to not over-saturate.

My super high tech method of germination is also simply planting the seeds into soil (after a quick scuff in my super high tech "scuffbox") and I have excellent results - in fact I planted an 11-pack of Goji's on Sunday night, and have 10 healthy sprouts as of last night (so, basically 48 hours, but 36 hours since the first one broke ground), with the last one about to break the soil right now. But, I do believe that my super high tech germination method has a higher success rate with a tad bit of warmth. If you don't have enough seedling heat mats for all of those, just make sure they are in a room that is slightly above average room temp, ~72-75F to improve your chances.

Curious to see how many of these pop for you - we're all going to look like fools if you get > 90% - lol. If so, at least you'll have a bunch of seedlings to choose from eh?

What strains?
90% on MK-ULTRA S1's
70% on NL
70% on NL f3's

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Hey C'man just read the thred and is that your final "poppin"' results?
My little seedbank has been abused (during a move)...
Freezer, thaw, fridge,warm, freeze...repeat...etc
I was going to guve up on them and toss em ( some r old fem seeds anyways)
But ur results b givvin' me hope!!!!!!!!!:smug: Did u start a thread init? cant find it.
Anyways...thanx, B

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I've frozen lots of beans, never had bad germ rates... If you plan on storing them for a long period, freezer is the only way. Fridge works well, but make sure your beans have grains of rice in with them, to keep moisture away.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Hey C'man just read the thred and is that your final "poppin"' results?
My little seedbank has been abused (during a move)...
Freezer, thaw, fridge,warm, freeze...repeat...etc
I was going to guve up on them and toss em ( some r old fem seeds anyways)
But ur results b givvin' me hope!!!!!!!!!:smug: Did u start a thread init? cant find it.
Anyways...thanx, B
The germ rate great but half flourishednand got left behind, which I blame myself I grew a ton in small area and didnt get treated equally...many were culled and hopefully theres a keeper or two in whats left!

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Right on, thanx for the info...
I have GOT to do a better job of storing the new dna!!
Especially after going thru some of the threads in the Activists corner lol.
Later man.....B

jlr42024

jlr42024

Fellow farmers who don't freeze, do you think it makes a difference being in the fridge rather then just a cool dry spot if seeds are packed with rice and sealed tight

Latest posts

Top Bottom