Still no pre flowers/ flowers on my Purple cotton candy auto found into 7 weeks... any advice?

• Thread starter ..HIGHLYxLYFETD..
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Yeah so today's the first day of 7 weeks for my purple cotton candy auto, is that normal?, or should i stitch to 12/12?... I actually have a photo period albarino in there that ready to flower. Or should I just wait for it?

Still no pre flowers flowers on my purple cotton candy auto found into 7 weeks any advice
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

consider your pot size and final plant size to avoid root bound, even in air pot
what size is the tent
and the other plant

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

consider your pot size and final plant size to avoid root bound, even in air pot
what size is the tent
and the other plant
It's a 4x4 tent. 3 gallon air pots. The photo period is almost 2 feet tall, been tying down doing LST, so it's a lot shorter than it would've been... have 3 other seedlings of auto's, I'd put them somwhere else if I switched to 12/12. I've heard of ppl doing that and forcing an auto into flower cuz it wasn't flipping.

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

It's a 4x4 tent. 3 gallon air pots. The photo period is almost 2 feet tall, been tying down doing LST, so it's a lot shorter than it would've been... have 3 other seedlings of auto's, I'd put them somwhere else if I switched to 12/12. I've heard of ppl doing that and forcing an auto into flower cuz it wasn't flipping.
Oh and they're on 18/6 light schedule now.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

I’m my experience that just means she’s gonna be bigger ! Get excited , plan for taller than anticipated, I like when my autos go longer than the package says . Just my 2 cents ! Good luck
Happyreefing ✌️

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yeah I had the same issue, here she is after a 4 month veg 😂 you now have a photoperiod plant

If you want to force her into flower just flip to 12/12 light schedule she may have

Candy kush auto

The other 6 all autoflowered over the past few runs but this one hung out in the 18/6 light until they finished, then I moved her to her own tent and scrogged her and flipped to 12/12 lol here she is about a month and a half into flower now

Some take a longggg time to flower but after 25 autos so far personally, none have started to flower after 35 days, most pre-flowered between 25-30 days

B0850947 78C6 4612 BCA4 7ACDBF8E5EAC
5143C18C 6EC9 49A0 A61D A39C6FE09295
B41A8B40 EC7E 4805 BFE3 E4912C0C3DA8
Happyreefing

Happyreefing

My current skywalker og auto is listed to finish 75 days from seed , she didn’t flower untill say like day #60 . Big ole girl in a 3 gallon , plant to her right is the same age planted same day and she’s finishing in two/three weeks . It’s also listed to be 75 days and it’s right on with that, it’s kinda hit or miss for me at least . I don’t know about flipping light to force into flower though, haven’t tried it yet
EC9E7FF4 5055 4034 AAA1 15FDDDAFDA70

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I had the same issue, here she is after a 4 month veg 😂 you now have a photoperiod plant

If you want to force her into flower just flip to 12/12 light schedule she may have

Candy kush auto

The other 6 all autoflowered over the past few runs but this one hung out in the 18/6 light until they finished, then I moved her to her own tent and scrogged her and flipped to 12/12 lol here she is about a month and a half into flower now
Lol beat my by 2 seconds

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Candy kush auto

Great to see someone who has done it ! Solid info !

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Candy kush auto

Some take a longggg time to flower but after 25 autos so far personally, none have started to flower after 35 days, most pre-flowered between 25-30 days
Hey Good looking out, that really helped. Nice to hear that that will work if I need. Think I'll wait another week, if still no pre flowers or anything, I'll just flip to 12/12. That's actually better cuz I can flower my photoperiod albarino too.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hey Good looking out, that really helped. Nice to hear that that will work if I need. Think I'll wait another week, if still no pre flowers or anything, I'll just flip to 12/12. That's actually better cuz I can flower my photoperiod albarino too.
Yep yep, mine literally went 4 months before I force flipped to flower, just be careful, since she was an auto I never up-potted her and my busy ass forgot to up pot her before I put her in the scrog lol, so she’s in 5.5 month old soil so I’m just babying her along now haha

Luckily I direct planted them into 5 gallon fabric pots but… 😂

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Yep yep, mine literally went 4 months before I force flipped to flower, just be careful, since she was an auto I never up-potted her and my busy ass forgot to up pot her before I put her in the scrog lol, so she’s in 5.5 month old soil so I’m just babying her along now haha

Luckily I direct planted them into 5 gallon fabric pots but… 😂
So I'm just curious, did u notice any real difference in the yeild or anything from the auto only getting 12 hours of light a day? She Was looking pretty good in Pic. I've read that it can greatly reduce your yeild, but i have never really known how drastic, or insignificantit that might be.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
So I'm just curious, did u notice any real difference in the yeild or anything from the auto only getting 12 hours of light a day? She Was looking pretty good in Pic. I've read that it can greatly reduce your yeild, but i have never really known how drastic, or insignificantit that might be.
For reference here was a candy kush auto just before harvest in the same size pot (5 gallon fabric pot) , same pack of seeds the non auto plant, difference is those plants finished in 85-90 days from seed, the current plant in the 4x4 so far has had 4 months of veg and and another 6 weeks of flower so far, plant is about 4x the size of the auto though, we’ll see how yeild is effected at the end of this run, buds are just starting to fatten up now

C5624F2C 6E93 4554 BFBB E83643EDA487
Sparky1980

Sparky1980

I had the same issue with some auto blueberries from ilgm. Flipped to 12/12 and they started flowering immediately. Your plants look great, man!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I just finished 2 auto's I had to flip to 12/12 to get flowering. I had 3 reg auto seeds grew them out and the male showed at 3 - 4 weeks on 18hrs light. after almost 2 months on 18hrs I said screw it and flipped them to 12/12 and they grew out great, maybe smaller buds than on 18hrs but more like photo buds.

GoatSmoker

GoatSmoker

I know a guy that bred an auto into his stuff and never really try to breed it all to a small percentage.. he’d have some that started flowering at 5/6 week some 8/9 week and the others were just vigorous photos… it’s a recessive gene

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

I know a guy that bred an auto into his stuff and never really try to breed it all to a small percentage.. he’d have some that started flowering at 5/6 week some 8/9 week and the others were just vigorous photos… it’s a recessive gene
Yeah I'm over autos...I mean just think how much They suck... suck to feed suck to train, really suck to top, smaller yeild, some ppl even say they notice the difference from smoking an auto to a photo.... oh and can't clone...... the list goes on lol..... I guess being my first plant to flower, and how suddenly one day they just popping pistils... lol.

GoatSmoker

GoatSmoker

Yeah I'm over autos...I mean just think how much They suck... suck to feed suck to train, really suck to top, smaller yeild, some ppl even say they notice the difference from smoking an auto to a photo.... oh and can't clone...... the list goes on lol..... I guess being my first plant to flower, and how suddenly one day they just popping pistils... lol.
I’ve had both good and bad results it all depends who the genetics are coming from

Top Bottom