Suck or blow pressure in 2x4 tent

• Thread starter Monkeybigbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budtirement

Just use this Joiner put it on the inlet inside you tent, clamp it to half way, then get some filter mat and cover it then wrap tape of elastic around to hold it on , simple and tidy prefilter, just change when it brown a little, the photos are just a rough idea I couldn't find the mat, but you get the general idea
I see, that makes sense. Thank you. Why didn't I think of that?

B

Billybobbong

You need a powerful fan for single fan set up if you live in a hot place or uncontrolled environment like a tin shed eg so I'd go the most powerful centrifugal fan you can buy for your ducting size, I use climate or thermostat fan controller it's all automatic just set temp and that's it fan will come and go as it pleases... That's is you don't have already anyways

B

Billybobbong

If you use one fan just put filter mat over all you bottom vents, same I do in my clone tent, it's a single 75w centrifugal fan blower into the filter.. O I forgot about that stand by

B

Billybobbong

IMG 20240506 232442
IMG 20240506 232526

B

Billybobbong

I'm my opinion centrifugal is better These 2 have similar flow but the centrifugal fan has better pushing of the air through a harder filter or long distance ducting, the centrifugal fan is more like a pump or a turbocharger the way it's metal rotor spins and the shape of the impeller..

IMG 20240506 232939
IMG 20240506 232949
IMG 20240506 232957
B

Budtirement

Even this 4x4 has taken me years to try getting right and still getting there bro.. not an easy thing to do people pissing in your pocket everywhere
I can see that you have acquired quite a bit of equipment and I can only imagine the expense.
Ok, for my setup I rely on house environment for temp and humidity. I really only have to pull the heat from an SF2000 LED lamp out from the top of the tent, so not really an issue. It's a 2x4x5 tent, so no long duct runs. I use a 4" section between filter and fan another 8" section to vent to the outside of the tent. So far, I've been using up 12" of space at the bottom for the pots, 12" at the top for lamp and ventilation, leaving about 24" to grow in. It would be nice to get another 6" at the top if I move the ventilation outside the tent. I just finished my winter grow and I'm cleaning everything so it's a great time to prep this change. I'm glad I read this thread and I'm thankful for your input.

Grow your 4 Virginia!

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

My first set up in 20 years I have fresh air from outside coming in 24/7 I can control the fan speed to let more or less air in more the better in my opinion and exhaust fan with climate control to get rid of hot air and humidity I’m very pleased with the setup any advice would be greatly appreciated

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I was a volunteer EMT/firefighter in high school, and before the military. Then I used my GI Bill to go to college for my RN. I bounced between infectious disease care (mostly TB and HIV/AIDS) and psychiatric nursing, but have also worked with hospice care. At first it seemed really strange having immuno-compromised patients on the same floor as highly contagious ones, but negative pressure isolation rooms for TB, and positive pressure isolation rooms for the HIV/AIDS patients. Then it was our job not to cross contaminate. That was my first job out of college, and it was still the early 90's. The AIDS epidemic was still new more or less. It makes me laugh to think about it today, but back in those old days as an EMT, Universal Precautions hadn't even been implemented yet!

I wish that I had the room to run multiple tents. But I live in a tiny apartment, and had to break down my home music studio in order to make room for the small grow op that I have. Interestingly, my tent running negative pressure is cooler than the air temp of the room. When I open the tent to look at the plant, the temp can spike 5F or more. (And I have a 2000watt Bestva led in a 3x3 tent).

Thanks for outlining your air pressure management. It gives me things to think about.

And i definitely want to thank the OP for posing the question. It's been quite interesting reading the different opinions.
Gotta say it is a good topic of ideas and theories.. and best part… all civilized and no arguing, gotta love it! 👊👊

B

Billybobbong

My first set up in 20 years I have fresh air from outside coming in 24/7 I can control the fan speed to let more or less air in more the better in my opinion and exhaust fan with climate control to get rid of hot air and humidity I’m very pleased with the setup any advice would be greatly appreciated
Looking good bro

Mothman

Mothman

my tent is wrapped in tarp and blankets in winter to keep stable
Lol, I did that on my last grow to try to put the ki-bosh on the dang light leaks. Looked like a homeless encampment in there, but I got religion! This time I got serious about sealing off my 3 windows, so with the lung room now dark, all I gotta do is remember to turn off the lights when I leave!

Mothman

Mothman

I'm my opinion centrifugal is better These 2 have similar flow but the centrifugal fan has better pushing of the air through a harder filter or long distance ducting, the centrifugal fan is more like a pump or a turbocharger the way it's metal rotor spins and the shape of the impeller..
Yeah, I think that’s what the AC Infinity looks like inside. It moves a LOT of air, and super quiet even at high rpm. It’s the only ACI product I own, but I gather they have their collective shit together!

B

Billybobbong

Yeh they are fairly quiet in comparison to the axial fan, fi big centrifugal are a bit noisy but

B

Budtirement

You growing outside? I’m finishing indoor now, two more days, flushing it out now. My four are outside now. I’m in the middle of nowhere west of Richmond.
Yea Virginia, feels good to be growing legal! Now if the governor could stop telling the same old lies about such a wonderful plant and sign the marketplace bills the legislature put on his desk we could normalize this whole dealeo.
This summer I'm doing 2 outside with tomatoes and chillis. I'm gonna have 2 in the tent also to keep refining my indoor process. I'm going organic inside, trying Build-a-Soil, starting 2 big pots now.
Watching the video I was struck by the light looks like it doesn't cover the whole crop. I'm not experience with hydro requirements, can you move the central reservoir to one side and get the plants more directly under the light?
Yes there both 4in spider farmer fans one with carbon filter to take the sweet smell away and humidity & temp control will be running 24/7 when flowering and intake fan with speed control I just like the fact there getting fresh air from outside
Strong ventilation setup, in and out. Most of the summer days here in Northern Virginia are in the 90's with 95% humidity. It think if I were drawing air directly from outside here I would overwork the air conditioning. Also, I think heat and humidity conditions like that might breed mold in an enclosed space. I don't know where you are or what the summer weather conditions are like there but might consider having an alternate plan for if the air outside is not optimal for growing. Hope my comments are helpful but feel free to ignore if you have already considered. Plants are looking good!

Grow your 4 Virginia!

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
So I’ve just set up an air intake just wondering do I set it so the tent walls are sucking in or bulging out
Do I set it so the exhaust fan is a bit stronger than exhaust fan or other way round thanks
Somebody already told you, but a passive intake on the bottom and active exhaust at the top creates negative pressure. Meaning when it runs it sucks the tent walls in, you want this my dad did HVAC✌️

Top Bottom