What is your typical yield for an indie plant?

• Thread starter Budclarkson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Thanks. We don't really care much about yield. We appreciate any plant that finishes well, and we usually have plenty of marijuana. If we only get 3 ounces from each of the 3 plants that are flowering now, it's still more than half a pound. That's a lot of weed for just the two of us. I just added another tent, too, with room for 2 more plants. We'll also have another crop this year. It's all good.
I feel the same. I'm on a 1 year plan, if the jar still has content after 12 months(ish) I usually just hash it out or give it away. I've had a couple QP plants in the last year but like you said, thats a lot of weed. Excess is not a problem with me, I just keep growing regardless of mega stash tho!

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Have you used 5-gallon ones on autos before? I just use three myself, but people keep telling me to use 5-gallon pots instead. I don't think it would really matter on the smaller autos like I have mostly grown. But it may on the ones 4ft and over. I was thinking about on my next grow to use one 3 and one 5 on the each of the strains I grow and see it there is a difference. Do that with some 3ft and under on a grow and then ones 4ft and over the next. Did you use to use 5-gallon ones and switched to 3 or you just always use 3?
I used to grow a LOT of autos but never used more than a 3G, I had a couple strains that may have benefitted a 5G but never gave it a try. It would be cool to see you try a comparison of the two sizes.

N

Natep

Ive had up to 1/2 lb per plant. But that was a long veg. I think 4 oz is a pretty typical number. My 5x5 usually does about 2to 2-1/2 lbs per cycle 2x3 usually does about 1lb per cycle.

emanresu

emanresu

I used to grow a LOT of autos but never used more than a 3G, I had a couple strains that may have benefitted a 5G but never gave it a try. It would be cool to see you try a comparison of the two sizes.
I am definitely going to do it on the next few grows. It will be fun even if there is no difference.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
are you sure you smoke weed ? 9 oz last me about 8 weeks lol
Depending on the overall potency and mode of consumption, it can definitely last a lot longer. Even if you stay high all day ✌️

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Depending on the overall potency and mode of consumption, it can definitely last a lot longer. Even if you stay high all day ✌️
yea whatever you say you know every tolerance and all i know after 35 yrs of smoking i have NEVER had any good shit

BB22

BB22

There’s frost all over that thing. Do you even bother trimming anything?
I do a sugar leaf pluck before I smoke. 🤓

Make a pile, put in the freeze✌️

IMG 4593

H

HomeGrownOhio

Have you used 5-gallon ones on autos before? I just use three myself, but people keep telling me to use 5-gallon pots instead. I don't think it would really matter on the smaller autos like I have mostly grown. But it may on the ones 4ft and over. I was thinking about on my next grow to use one 3 and one 5 on the each of the strains I grow and see it there is a difference. Do that with some 3ft and under on a grow and then ones 4ft and over the next. Did you use to use 5-gallon ones and switched to 3 or you just always use 3?
I only use 5 gallon pots for autos. I find it to be the perfect size for them to express themselves pretty fully.

PianoStan

PianoStan

Sorry, what is a half gram oven?
A "half-gram" oven is a type of vaping device. Rather than using liquid vaping cartridges, you pack weed into "an oven" (which looks like a pen, or a small box) that quickly vaporizes the weed and you inhale the fumes without the smoke (mostly)

PianoStan

PianoStan

yea whatever you say you know every tolerance and all i know after 35 yrs of smoking i have NEVER had any good shit
It has absolutely nothing to do with tolerance. If it was about tolerance, smoking would still lose out. When you smoke weed 50% of all the THC is lost to heat destruction if you smoke joints/blunts/or some other method that gets lit once. You lose 60% of the THC to heat destruction if you smoke bowls/bongs/or some other method that requires lighting and relighting the product. And that's just the heat destruction. You also lose more THC when you breathe out those giant clouds of smoke. And since you're a daily smoker of 35 years with a high tolerance, your body can only make use of 23-27% of the THC that makes it into your bloodstream. Because that "tolerance" is all about how efficiently and quickly your liver can break down the THC into its waste metabolites. It all ends up meaning that for every 100mg of THC that you set on fire approximately 3-9mg actually affect your brain.

Edibles on the other hand don't have any loss to heat destruction. They don't lose any THC to the respiratory process. They simply need to be extracted via digestion. The drawback there is that it can take 40 minutes to more than 3 hours for peak plasma concentrations to be achieved. But, if you consume THC via edibles, you will receive more mg in your bloodstream, and therefore more mg to your brain than when smoking. Eating a 100mg brownie will provide at least 20mg of THC to your brain. Drinking 100mg of an alcohol based tincture on an empty stomach would provide a bare minimum of 22mg THC to your brain. The difference being that the alcohol based tincture will reach peak plasma concentration in around 40 minutes, while the brownie might take 2 or more hours.

I guarantee that when you consume edibles, you also smoke while waiting for it to kick in. And since smoking weed has a median time to peak plasma concentration of just 53 seconds, you are simply already high when the edibles kick in. And since your brain has a finite number of cannabinoid receptors the two highs just blend together.

This isn't a matter that is up for debate. These are matter of physics, chemistry, human biology, and metabolism. The ONLY way to avoid this being true, is if someone wants to step up and claim to NOT be human!

Last edited:
Top Bottom