Who Is Hiring In The Rec/med Industry-need A New Job

• Thread starter Mr.Sputnik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I doubt ull be in the trim rm very long, hank. Ya got skills.

High praise, gnome, thank you. I ended up turning the job down for the time being, gonna wait until they can pay me with checks.

But like I said, I don't mind trimming at first, I would question anyone's judgment who'd abrubtly let some guy run a chunk of their operation based solely on his word.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

If you got money and credit they dont care they will look in your bank acct. that's all the proof they need. As far as getting paid under the table thats what this is. it is all under the table for now. Until they allow Business accts where you can deposit large hunks of cash. I know i ant cutting no W-2 over here.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

If you got money and credit they dont care they will look in your bank acct. that's all the proof they need. As far as getting paid under the table thats what this is. it is all under the table for now. Until they allow Business accts where you can deposit large hunks of cash. I know i ant cutting no W-2 over here.

there are a couple credit unions here in Oregon allowing business accounts for the industry.

My buddy managing the grow tells me they'll have their payroll together in the next couple months.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I think that's the problem, that under the table means not taxed, which means unverifiable, which means no loan. I might be missing something too because monday.

scoop

scoop

My 23 yr old son recently got his badge here and is now working "in the industry". Fortunately....while he was slated to trim/be "contract labor" (aka...get the fabled 1099 and owe a ton of taxes on wages you'd already spent to survive on)...he was hired as an employee after his fist day....mainly because someone else didn't show up and the owner's wife was going to finish out the shift alone...which my son told her just wasn't gonna happen...pay or no pay. He ended up staying 4 hours extra and the next day was (thanked repeatedly by the owner) and was told he had an hourly spot on the schedule.

time will tell where/if it all goes anywhere...but he's enjoying it and like I told him...that is YUUUUGE when it comes to "a job"....

scoop

scoop

Thankfully...he isn't trimming...he's bud tending. He says it's a total trip dealing with peeps day-in/day-out. And just as I suspected....he said there are more experts out there than we ever knew who...even though they are BUYING pot... know more about growing/strains/weed in general than anybody else....heeheee...

Skunked

Skunked

I couldn't see myself trimming forever other than a three to four time a year thing, for now I would but I hate it as is after an hour...but it's always worth it lol

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Imo
Good for a part time gig but if I was young I would seek out something I was passionate about and would be a benefit for the betterment of mankind
Wildlife biologhst

Skunked

Skunked

I always said I was going to be a marine biologist or zoooligst growing up lol. Love animals

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I always said I was going to be a marine biologist or zoooligst growing up lol. Love animals
I went to college planning on a double major in Biochemistry and Microbiology. Then I read what was required and switched to business. My dumb shit self also thought taking 8am classes would be great because it would open up the rest of the day, and it only took me 5 minutes to register. This college stuff was easy before I got to the college part.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I am amazed at our young college kids
They have the desire to learn all they can and applying their knowledge for betterment of mankind
Not only what school teaches but life's lessons that are way more valuable than school learnings
Wildlife biologists and a math major one kid working on his -Ph.D.
They smoke a lot and it brings out even more brillanxe

Skunked

Skunked

For sure especially in financial aspects. Need a college degree now a days or to be very determined...couldn't imagine what you'd get to see as a wildlife biologist. Would be fascinating, is he still in college then? Which year do you know? You have to be smart enough to pick something you'd enjoy to do, some kids don't have that idea and are rushed into something they won't like. Hate that.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
the fella has bio and math degree, Both Western state honor grads
his GF, hubba hubba, also Western Grad., is at Bastiers Univ. a top notch naturopathic college. must have top grades to get in. The work is intense'
He is presently working at a fly shop..lol, time being till she graduates in 3 more years and starts her practice in Colorado where he will further his education...

Skunked

Skunked

Hubba hubba lol that sounds like the right track, sounds like smart people tho. Need more of them :cool: but we need more people to grow good quality dank too!:ninja:

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

You have to be smart enough to pick something you'd enjoy to do, some kids don't have that idea and are rushed into something they won't like. Hate that.

Well said, I went into college all starry eyed and shit, couple years and several changes in my major later I quit and got a decent union job, best decision I ever made. Though the loans were a massive pain in the ass to pay off.

Wish I knew back then that I'd take a liking to growing things. but who knows, maybe I'll go back and a least get an associates in irrigation design and start up a consulting firm or something.

Top Bottom