Yellow ing bloody leaves (again 🙄)

• Thread starter Richard123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Richard123

Hi guys,

I had a similar problem on a different plant and (as per your instructions) a 50% reduction in feeding helped a treat (ta 🙏🏻).

I'd also reduced the feeding of this one (as it was showing similar signs) but this one has gotten worse.

The first pic is of the whole plant, in as much as that's possible (there's a plant bleeding in from either side and you can see passionfruit leaves, also)

The other pics are in order from bottom up.

Nb. Potentially relevant deets:

- Lately daytime temps topping out on average at around 35°C/95°F. With humidity variable.

- 9lt of water per plant, per day.

- Alleged to be Hawaiian Skunk

- 45mils (reduced from 90mls) of Powerfeed (pictured) per plant every 10days

- I predict they're 2-4 weeks from harvest.

Thank you!

Yellow ing bloody leaves again
Yellow ing bloody leaves again 2
Yellow ing bloody leaves again 3
Yellow ing bloody leaves again 4
Yellow ing bloody leaves again 5
Yellow ing bloody leaves again 6
Yellow ing bloody leaves again 7
Yellow ing bloody leaves again 8
Yellow ing bloody leaves again 9
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Take a good look at this company product line. This is a Veg food. See if you can find a Flowering food like 5-15-5 in a liquid.
Your plant is well into flower. The yellowing is normal. You need to take a 20L bucket fill it 1/2 full of water.
Then strip this plant to the tip.

Strip everything off the plant 1/3 of the way up the plant from the bottom. No Leaves or small shoots left at all.
Along with the leaves remove any small branches with or without buds that will not grow up into the canopy to the light.
They are suckers. This is for air flow close to the ground. Creating a No Mould welcome Zone.

The Next 1/3 of the way up.
Remove all buds you find on the sides of every branch ( STOP 3" from the top of the plant) just bellow the canopy.

This is hard I know.
Look at your main stalks. They will have small shoots coming off them with little buds on them way bellow the canopy.
Remove these small shoots as they are just suckers, using plant energy the plant could be putting into top cola bud production.

The top 3" = the bud zone. Stand looking down from above at the plant. Now it's time to remove any fan leaves blocking the sun from hitting your buds.
Go around and around your plant removing leaves one at a time until the sun is able to hit and ripen any of your top cola buds.

Save all the green matter in the bucket of water. Add a good hand full of compost and a hand full scoop of nice black garden soil or Leaf mould if you can find some. Put a lid on it and set it in the sun. Give it a mix once in a while. The Natural microbes will feed on the green matter and pretty soon it will be a nice dark green bucket of goodness for next years crops. This makes great real organic living soil fertilizer for next year. Water about 50 -1.
50 Water 1 Green juice. Add all your pot plant wast material any time.

Nick Mentioned Water. Could be an issue if it'd to wet or dry.
Make sure you let her dry out well between waters.
This will help you.

P

Putthataway

Hey look at this leaf. Did you get it with the zipper or is something munching? Looks like some white stuff on it .
IMG 0915

R

Richard123

Take a good look at this company product line. This is a Veg food. See if you can find a Flowering food like 5-15-5 in a liquid.
Your plant is well into flower. The yellowing is normal. You need to take a 20L bucket fill it 1/2 full of water.

Strip everything off the plant 1/3 of the way up the plant from the bottom. No Leaves or small shoots left at all.
Along with the leaves remove any small branches with or without buds that will not grow up into the canopy to the light.
They are suckers. This is for air flow close to the ground. Creating a No Mould welcome Zone.

Remove all buds you find on the sides of every branch ( STOP 3" from the top of the plant) just bellow the canopy.

This is hard I know.
Look at your main stalks. They will have small shoots coming off them with little buds on them way bellow the canopy.
Remove these small shoots as they are just suckers, using plant energy the plant could be putting into top cola bud production.

The top 3" = the bud zone. Stand looking down from above at the plant. Now it's time to remove any fan leaves blocking the sun from hitting your buds.
Go around and around your plant removing leaves one at a time until the sun is able to hit and ripen any of your top cola buds.

Save all the green matter in the bucket of water. Add a good hand full of compost and a hand full scoop of nice black garden soil or Leaf mould if you can find some. Put a lid on it and set it in the sun. Give it a mix once in a while. The Natural microbes will feed on the green matter and pretty soon it will be a nice dark green bucket of goodness for next years crops. This makes great real organic living soil fertilizer for next year. Water about 50 -1.

This will help you.
Thank you for your detailed and considered response 🙏🏻! You're correct that it feels wrong to be cutting off branches with buds on them 😲. I will take a deep breath and try 😅

Is this type of trimming a process should be undertaken from the beginning? Or at least when they start to flower?

It's difficult to imagine the process increasing yield at this stage but... it sounds like you know what you're talking about!

I'll come back to you with lots of questions later 😋

R

Richard123

Hey look at this leaf. Did you get it with the zipper or is something munching? Looks like some white stuff on it . View attachment 2134448
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If you're referring to the red circle, that's just an illusion caused by leaf curl.

The blue circle is where I've trimmed a passionfruit leaf.

Or do you mean something else?

Thank you 🙏🏻

Download3
R

Richard1234

This is hard I know.

This will help you.
Thanks again :-)

I have some information for you all to consider before you answer my questions...

1. This plant will be ready to harvest in as little as three weeks (six weeks at the absolute outside).

2. Partly because the plant is pinned back flat against the fence (see photo) nearly all of the flower sites get sunlight most of the day When the sun's at its zenith, for example, I'll go through and trim any leaves shading those sites. If and when any of my other garden plants begin to shade I will prune them accordingly.

Qu 1. Given the above, to what extent do you think that the hard prunning (recommended by Imzzaudae here) is likely to increase my yield?

Qu 2. Might a slightly modified (less brutal) prunning be advisable.

Qu 3. Might any of you recommend any video tutorials that specifically address this aspect of growing (hard prunning, removing suckers etc), particularly, if possible, in relation to outdoor cultivation? I very much appreciate Imzzaudae's instructions but, being a visual learner, that would help immensely, i think.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Nb My original post in this thread contains answers to many potential questions one may have, as well as photos of the plant.

20240317 143250
Last edited:
R

Richard1234

Thanks again :-)

I have some information for you all to consider before you answer my questions...

1. This plant will be ready to harvest in as little as three weeks (six weeks at the absolute outside).

2. Partly because the plant is pinned back flat against the fence (see photo) nearly all of the flower sites get sunlight most of the day When the sun's at its zenith, for example, I'll go through and trim any leaves shading those sites. If and when any of my other garden plants begin to shade I will prune them accordingly.

Qu 1. Given the above, to what extent do you think that the hard prunning (recommended by Imzzaudae here) is likely to increase my yield?

Qu 2. Might a slightly modified (less brutal) prunning be advisable.

Qu 3. Might any of you recommend any video tutorials that specifically address this aspect of growing (hard prunning, removing suckers etc), particularly, if possible, in relation to outdoor cultivation? I very much appreciate Imzzaudae's instructions but, being a visual learner, that would help immensely, i think.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Nb My original post in this thread contains answers to many potential questions one may have, as well as photos of the plant.
Perhaps because of the way the sunlight reaches all of the flowers more or less equally, many of the flowers on the lowest branches are as large and heavy and as full as those at the top...

20240318 123407
20240318 123148
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Next grow rake in 1/2 a cup of Bone Meal. Before Planting. This is Extra Calcium and Phosphorus.
30 days before you plant. Do this. Your plant w2ill love you.

I also like to water in well with this microbe solution. I water with it 25% 75% water every week.

Last edited:
R

Richard1234

Next grow rake in 1/2 a cup of Bone Meal. Before Planting. This is Extra Calcium and Phosphorus.
30 days before you plant. Do this. Your plant w2ill love you.

I also like to water in well with this microbe solution. I water with it 25% 75% water every week.
Beauty. Ta, mate 👍

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hope this helps your next grow bud. This is how I grow monsters.

HealthyEarthSol

HealthyEarthSol

Thank you for your detailed and considered response 🙏🏻! You're correct that it feels wrong to be cutting off branches with buds on them 😲. I will take a deep breath and try 😅

Is this type of trimming a process should be undertaken from the beginning? Or at least when they start to flower?

It's difficult to imagine the process increasing yield at this stage but... it sounds like you know what you're talking about!

I'll come back to you with lots of questions later 😋
Ignore what this person has said. You are growing outdoor. You can take some leafs off for airflow, but don't remove small branches and such. You can harvest the upper branches and buds and leave the small stuff to flatten up for a 2nd harvest. He has pointed you in the direction of indoor growing. His comments are standard practice for indoor due to the poor lighting compared to the sun.
Check the PH of the soil. It's most likely rising due to the plants eating heavily. ph your water to correct any imbalances and continue as normal. Nice plants. You'll get a good yield from those.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Ignore me. Wow man.
Yes I do grow indoors fore something to do over the winter, but I also grow 100% organic real living soil outdoors.

I harvest only top cola bud. no scarf.
No reason to ignore me or say I don't know what I'm doing. Actually I do grow very nice bud. I'm not into quantity.
I grow the very best tops I can. And the scarf goes in the fertilizer pot for next seasons.

I don't know man maybe I just got it all wrong.

Last edited:
R

Richard1234

Ignore what this person has said. You are growing outdoor. You can take some leafs off for airflow, but don't remove small branches and such. You can harvest the upper branches and buds and leave the small stuff to flatten up for a 2nd harvest. He has pointed you in the direction of indoor growing. His comments are standard practice for indoor due to the poor lighting compared to the sun.
Check the PH of the soil. It's most likely rising due to the plants eating heavily. ph your water to correct any imbalances and continue as normal. Nice plants. You'll get a good yield from those.
Hey! Thank you, kindly.

It did occur to me that the heavy pruning recommended might not apply to my situation.

I will check the pH 👍

And thank you for the compliment 🙂 four years into my learning curve and now, with the help of you folks, it can only get better.

Check out these babies. A random strain but very handsome flowers, I think...

20240317 191351
20240318 183837
HealthyEarthSol

HealthyEarthSol

Hey! Thank you, kindly.

It did occur to me that the heavy pruning recommended might not apply to my situation.

I will check the pH 👍

And thank you for the compliment 🙂 four years into my learning curve and now, with the help of you folks, it can only get better.

Check out these babies. A random strain but very handsome flowers, I think...
Looking very good. Keep up the good work. Looks like some fire on the way

HealthyEarthSol

HealthyEarthSol

Ignore me. Wow man.
Yes I do grow indoors fore something to do over the winter, but I also grow 100% organic real living soil outdoors.

I harvest only top cola bud. no scarf.
No reason to ignore me or say I don't know what I'm doing. Actually I do grow very nice bud. I'm not into quantity.
I grow the very best tops I can. And the scarf goes in the fertilizer pot for next seasons.

View attachment 2136747

View attachment 2136751
View attachment 2136754

View attachment 2136757

View attachment 2136761
View attachment 2136762

I don't know man maybe I just got it all wrong.
Nice plants! Never said you didn't know what you're doing, I said your advice is more for Indoors. I have grown for both quantity and quality, but in Reality they are the same thing.

Top Bottom