• I’d like to discuss other pot size options for the challange

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I ready for challenge 😁 1 gallon =4l or 3.4l .

I have finished my run in 3.4l i'am ready 🤣
Hell yeah! I’m hoping we get at least 25-30 to join, I think this first one we’ll just do an open, 1 gallon pot limit, your choice of medium, organic or synthetic, each person will post and explain their entry so people know their setup and feed style and we let it rip, maybe we get through this one, then start making separate categories for separating autos and photos and clone and neuts from synthetic etc this one will be more to get an idea of what we’d all like this competition to be in long run

Basically I’d like
1: 1 gallon (your medium choice)
2: Photos or auto (no clone this run for a reason)
3: Everyone will get the same start date, that will be the seed splash date, once everyone’s seed has popped we will select a date 20-30 days in the future to flip for photos, not sure of the Veg timing for most autos I know some are fast some veg longer, so we’ll have to account for that. Maybe find an somewhat average veg time for autos and select a flip date for the photos based off that but I’d like a short veg quick flip type challenge
4: training and topping is obviously a decision everyone will have to make given the short veg time allotment we will plan so folks will have to very carefully select timing for any topping etc before veg time runs out
5: your choice synthetic or organic we can seperatly vote on whatever we’d like afterwards, group the autos together make a poll, group the photos together, make a poll, group the males together etc but we don’t need seperate topics for the grow we can separate it out however we’d like for a vote at the end, and make those decisions as we go during the comp
6: Genetics, your choice as long as it’s seed, fem reg whatever strain you’d like, hell some might even be wanting a male to pop

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Hell yeah! I’m hoping we get at least 25-30 to join, I think this first one we’ll just do an open, 1 gallon pot limit, your choice of medium, organic or synthetic, each person will post and explain their entry so people know their setup and feed style and we let it rip, maybe we get through this one, then start making separate categories for separating autos and photos and clone and neuts from synthetic etc this one will be more to get an idea of what we’d all like this competition to be in long run

Basically I’d like
1: 1 gallon (your medium choice)
2: Photos or auto (no clone this run for a reason)
3: Everyone will get the same start date, that will be the seed splash date, once everyone’s seed has popped we will select a date 20-30 days in the future to flip for photos, not sure of the Veg timing for most autos I know some are fast some veg longer, so we’ll have to account for that. Maybe find an somewhat average veg time for autos and select a flip date for the photos based off that but I’d like a short veg quick flip type challenge
4: training and topping is obviously a decision everyone will have to make given the short veg time allotment we will plan so folks will have to very carefully select timing for any topping etc before veg time runs out
5: your choice synthetic or organic we can seperatly vote on whatever we’d like afterwards, group the autos together make a poll, group the photos together, make a poll, group the males together etc but we don’t need seperate topics for the grow we can separate it out however we’d like for a vote at the end, and make those decisions as we go during the comp
Lovin it. Sometimes leaders need to lead and get stuff don't or all we'll do is talk about it. I may throw up, literally🤣 a Christmas Solo Cup contest if no one else will. Use to have them here back in the day and I always wanted to get in on the fun so we'll see if I can't get one of y'all to put it together😉

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Lovin it. Sometimes leaders need to lead and get stuff don't or all we'll do is talk about it. I may throw up, literally🤣 a Christmas Solo Cup contest if no one else will. Use to have them here back in the day and I always wanted to get in on the fun so we'll see if I can't get one of y'all to put it together😉
Yep! I watched that solo cup challange shit was awesome, haven’t seen him in about a year but Observationalist had that 50 or 100 solo cup grow going lol

Depending on where I’m at I may join that one too! Gotta finish up these frostettes so I can make some room lol only 8ish weeks to go 🤣 I’ll have room for 1 more plant in flower for now so that’ll be this challenge, depending on when that one starts, gotta backtrack 8-10 weeks from Christmas then add another month for sprout and veg (unless you make it 12/12 from seed)

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I'm down for seed or clone. Coco or soil.

My very first thought was a clone of my biggest f1 in Coco lmao. As far as making the biggest possible plant in a one gal in a limited time. Big ass main stem clone lol.

It'd be kinda pointless to throw that against a soil grown seed in the same time fram.

But I'd equally love to see both options play out honestly. I vote all of the above.

Weirdly enough I'm right at the perfect point to join a contest like this regardless of the direction it goes. 🤣🤙

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I'm down for seed or clone. Coco or soil.

My very first thought was a clone of my biggest f1 in Coco lmao. As far as making the biggest possible plant in a one gal in a limited time. Big ass main stem clone lol

It'd be kinda pointless to throw that against a soil grown seed in the same time fram.

But I'd equally love to see both options play out honestly. I vote all of the above.

Weirdly enough I'm right at the perfect point to join a contest like this regardless of the direction it goes. 🤣🤙 I just popped one of royal queen's biggest, fastest growing, highest yielding indicas lmao.
It’ll probably be a few weeks out I wanna give people time to plan for plant count as many follow it strictly (I do) so if we plan a splash date we can let people free up room before we get started

But that’s why is started this topic now so we can all plan a start date that works for everyone that wants to join

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Probably mid September would be good if you wanted to go 10 weeks for flower up till Christmas plus a month for splash and veg

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

It’ll probably be a few weeks out I wanna give people time to plan for plant count as many follow it strictly (I do) so if we plan a splash date we can let people free up room before we get started

But that’s why is started this topic now so we can all plan a start date that works for everyone that wants to join
my clone Mom tent still hasn't shown up lmao. Good ole shipping exception has occured

Few weeks is great 👍

tonyww93

tonyww93

Challenge 2024​

This Year, Four Categories Await You:
1. Auto-flowering (90 Days)
2. Indica Wonderland (120 Days)
3. Sativa Utopia (150 Days)
4. The Clone Cup (120 Days)

How to Join:
Sign up on the post below starting February 1st. Declare your intended cultivars and assign a category to each cultivar. Seal your commitment by signing up before the deadline on February 25, 2024.

Key Dates:

• Signups Open: February 1, 2024
  • Signups Close: February 25, 2024
  • Challenge Starts: March 1, 2024
  • Seed Start End Date: March 7th, 2024
  • Auto-flowering End: May 30, 2024
  • Indica End: June 29, 2024
  • Sativa End: July 29, 2024
Rules:

1. Seed Start Date: Start seeds on or before March 7th, 2024.
  2. Specification:
    • Roots must ONLY be constrained to the (given size)
    • Participants have flexibility in choosing their watering method (hand watering or automated system).
  3. Vegetative Period: You can veg for how long you want, you just need to hit the end dates for each category.
  4. Growing Medium: Any medium allowed. Nothing from outside the cup except for the top of the cup (the plant itself).
  5. Code of Conduct: No negative behaviour or comments tolerated.
  6. Judging Criteria: Harvest weight, appearance and overall grow style. Winners will be announced after the completion of each category.
  7. Updates and Reporting: Participants must provide bi-weekly updates at a minimum and a final harvest post.
  8. Seed Source Acknowledgment: You need to declare what your seeds are, who bred them and which category they belong to. If they are a reproduction, you need to declare who reproduced them.
Prizes: (if it's sponsored or ECT..)

Basic outline that has rules and a timeline (dates can always be changed) with categories🙂🤗

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I have some fast strains I might have to get in on this. But I have no room right now I am getting ready to flip my 4x4 the 15th of July
No worries! I don’t plan in this being the only one, I wanna make this a nonstop thing, once they get going it’s really fun, people start comparing their seedlings to eachother by the day, seeing who’s is doing the best, etc etc, 🤣

It’s more fun when there’s 30 of you all at the same stage of growth and seeing what everyone else’s is doing etc

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

Challenge 2024​

This Year, Four Categories Await You:
1. Auto-flowering (90 Days)
2. Indica Wonderland (120 Days)
3. Sativa Utopia (150 Days)
4. The Clone Cup (120 Days)

How to Join:
Sign up on the post below starting February 1st. Declare your intended cultivars and assign a category to each cultivar. Seal your commitment by signing up before the deadline on February 25, 2024.

Key Dates:

• Signups Open: February 1, 2024
  • Signups Close: February 25, 2024
  • Challenge Starts: March 1, 2024
  • Seed Start End Date: March 7th, 2024
  • Auto-flowering End: May 30, 2024
  • Indica End: June 29, 2024
  • Sativa End: July 29, 2024
Rules:

1. Seed Start Date: Start seeds on or before March 7th, 2024.
  2. Specification:
    • Roots must ONLY be constrained to the (given size)
    • Participants have flexibility in choosing their watering method (hand watering or automated system).
  3. Vegetative Period: You can veg for how long you want, you just need to hit the end dates for each category.
  4. Growing Medium: Any medium allowed. Nothing from outside the cup except for the top of the cup (the plant itself).
  5. Code of Conduct: No negative behaviour or comments tolerated.
  6. Judging Criteria: Harvest weight, appearance and overall grow style. Winners will be announced after the completion of each category.
  7. Updates and Reporting: Participants must provide bi-weekly updates at a minimum and a final harvest post.
  8. Seed Source Acknowledgment: You need to declare what your seeds are, who bred them and which category they belong to. If they are a reproduction, you need to declare who reproduced them.
Prizes: (if it's sponsored or ECT..)

Basic outline that has rules and a timeline (dates can always be changed) with categories🙂🤗
Saved! Looks like a good format! I’ll doctor it up a bit As we finalize stuff!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Indica or sativa ? I'll be up for short-flowering indica, so that we're not waiting for the end of the sativa flow.
I’d say open to all, if we start separating sativa , indica, hybrids, autos, photos etc it’ll be more like 6 contests with 3 people in each one lol, since there’s no prize people will just finish when they decide to chop. voting starts after the last competitor finishes I’d imagine most people are gunna grow a hybrid wether it leans one way or another. But I’d say try to pop choose a strain that finishes in under 10 weeks. Biggest thing is I want it to be open to all that want to join so trying to limit the amount of restrictions is key for it to be a fun community thing

Z

Zab

I’d say open to all, if we start separating sativa , indica, hybrids, autos, photos etc it’ll be more like 6 contests with 3 people in each one lol, since there’s no prize people will just finish when they decide to chop. voting starts after the last competitor finishes I’d imagine most people are gunna grow a hybrid wether it leans one way or another. But I’d say try to pop choose a strain that finishes in under 10 weeks. Biggest thing is I want it to be open to all that want to join so trying to limit the amount of restrictions is key for it to be a fun community thing
Your not having a set time limit just a flip time?

Top Bottom