Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Phyto

Transplanting in the morning to see what happens! 11 AM, 88°, high of 101°! Let’s see if they survive the day! Will do some more before dark tonight! Usually do it after the sun goes down! You’re right, Cpurrrr! It isn’t any fun for the plants or me! Hope they make it! L O L!View attachment 2201871
Rolled through Red Bliff a couple days ago, it was about 108, cooler today!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
No, I have too many plants and not enough pots so Some pots will get two And possibly three till they sex! I’ve grown 2 to a pot before! Like everyone says it’s not ideal, but it’s not the end of the world, either! They did all right! Yeah, cooling down for a few days phyto, Then pushing 110° in about a week! But down into the 90s for the next few days! That’s probably the biggest drawback about getting a late start! Transplanting in the heat could be problematic! We will see! L O L

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

No, I have too many plants and not enough pots so Some pots will get two And possibly three till they sex! I’ve grown 2 to a pot before! Like everyone says it’s not ideal, but it’s not the end of the world, either! They did all right! Yeah, cooling down for a few days phyto, Then pushing 110° in about a week! But down into the 90s for the next few days! That’s probably the biggest drawback about getting a late start! Transplanting in the heat could be problematic! We will see! L O L
I've done 2 plants a few times just as an experiment in 3 gallon pots, they were small plants they grew fine, don't know how big behemoths would do like that though?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Finally got them all in pots! Poor things! This year has Mickey Mouse written all over it! Be lucky if I don’t crash and burn within a week! L O L!
IMG 3266
IMG 3267

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Awesome videos, Nick! Subscribed, and will watch the rest of them! I hope Mine green up! They were pretty pale! Didn’t go out at all yesterday, but will go out today and see if they are still alive! L O L! Hope they gain a little foothold in their new pots, because a killer heat wave is on the way! Beautiful gardens down in Santa Cruz County! Those guys have it going on! Poekie Said he got a few of them to pop, so maybe we will get an update on his efforts over in Espanol!

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Awesome videos, Nick! Subscribed, and will watch the rest of them! I hope Mine green up! They were pretty pale! Didn’t go out at all yesterday, but will go out today and see if they are still alive! L O L! Hope they gain a little foothold in their new pots, because a killer heat wave is on the way! Beautiful gardens down in Santa Cruz County! Those guys have it going on! Poekie Said he got a few of them to pop, so maybe we will get an update on his efforts over in Espanol!
Si si señor, all well except one baby that just suddenly died from unknown reason.
Sudden death syndrome...

Looking at those weather reports out there, interesting!
Chucky, if you have even more hot days coming, maybe put some straw/hay/manure/grass or so on the soil around the plants for protection against heat.

We have Calima out here now, hot and humid air full of Sahara sand coming from North Africa.
Its very sticky and sweaty but the plants seem to love it.

BearWater

BearWater

If you were a hotdog would you eat yourself?
Supporter
If you need a hand let me know (seriously). that patch would be perfect to throw a 20%-30% sun shad over for a week or two! Let me know!✌️

PS. I’ve been waiting for 6 months to start fallowing your outdoor grow😂

Top Bottom