Browning leaves and curling up

J

Jeremiah860

Hey everyone. Currently in the vegetative state, and I’m getting these browning on the leaves. Not sure if it’s a nutrient deficiency or maybe some little nats/bugs but the tent seems clear. I’m currently using AC infinity advanced smart grow tent with humidifier and heater. Current environment conditions seem great.

Browning leaves and curling up
Browning leaves and curling up 2
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Turn you light down.

That’s being burned, the light pigment of the leaves will green up a bit of you do, if not, the damage will continue and eventually will start pulling all the mag out of the soil.

Light height at 30in.
Output at that stage 20-25% watering habit looks ok, just don’t be heavy handed there.

J

Jeremiah860

I had the light 8in above the pots. Recently moved it up a lot. I’m watering once a day. Just distilled water.

J

Jeremiah860

How much light? How often and how much are you watering? What and how much are you feeding?
18hrs a day, using only distilled water every 24 hours roughly. I had my light 6in above the pot so I think it was way to close. Light level 10 for the LEDs

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Like @Captspaulding said, that was too much light. It might still be. I hang LEDs at the top of my tent, and start the dimmer at 25% of anticipated finishing intensity. If I see light stress (edge curl, taco-ing, twisting, any color other than vibrant green), I reduce the light. Without knowing what your media is, it's hard to recommend a watering frequency. In soil or amended soil, I water slowly to saturation, only when the pots are very light. Feeding depends on your starting point...if you're in amended soil, I would be giving water with calmag for every watering, and tracking runoff ppms to see when to feed the first time. If you're in an inert media like coco or peat, you should have fed for the first time already.

J

Jeremiah860

Like @Captspaulding said, that was too much light. It might still be. I hang LEDs at the top of my tent, and start the dimmer at 25% of anticipated finishing intensity. If I see light stress (edge curl, taco-ing, twisting, any color other than vibrant green), I reduce the light. Without knowing what your media is, it's hard to recommend a watering frequency. In soil or amended soil, I water slowly to saturation, only when the pots are very light. Feeding depends on your starting point...if you're in amended soil, I would be giving water with calmag for every watering, and tracking runoff ppms to see when to feed the first time. If you're in an inert media like coco or peat, you should have fed for the first time already.
Yes I’m using a combo of Coco coir, peat moss and vermiculite.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Negative. I’m running auto flower and like a rookie didn’t know if I needed to.

If you're in coco, peat, and vermiculite and haven't given anything else, they're hungry. I'd give 600ish ppms of a balanced synthetic nute line. Organics will take too long to become plant-available at this point.

J

Jeremiah860

If you're in coco, peat, and vermiculite and haven't given anything else, they're hungry. I'd give 600ish ppms of a balanced synthetic nute line. Organics will take too long to become plant-available at this point.
Ok, what would you recommend to buy and from where? Sorry I’m super new as this is my first grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom