Can I add more soil on top if I used to little?

ticsy

ticsy

hei! got an 20liter bucket i use for pot.. but I had a little to little soil in it, plant in wek 4, can i just add on top and soil will go upwards and find it?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
tnx.. then i do that... how much soil is enough btw? can 10l of soil be enough for a full plant?
That would be enough. I use 5-gallon pots, which are approximately 20 liters.

orggrwr

orggrwr

Yes. Soil can be added. I've done it. Cannabis can root from the stem. I've been told it's best not to add soil above the cotyledons, though.
Cannabis can only root from the stem when a seeling. Once the epidermis cells mature they loose the ability to make root cells so only the first couple of weeks. Still ok to bury the stem up to just below the cotyledons.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

hei! got an 20liter bucket i use for pot.. but I had a little to little soil in it, plant in wek 4, can i just add on top and soil will go upwards and find it?
Yes but I've noticed that roots don't always grow into it

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Cannabis can only root from the stem when a seeling. Once the epidermis cells mature they loose the ability to make root cells so only the first couple of weeks. Still ok to bury the stem up to just below the cotyledons.
I was thinking seedlings because I just added soil to some stretchy seedlings. However, if it can only root from the stem as a seedling, how do clones grow roots from the stem? I've also seen pictures of plants that were bent over into soil that rooted where the stem was in soil. I think there's a name for that technique, but I can't remember it. So, I'm sure they can root when they're not seedlings. They're called adventitious roots.

Top Bottom