Does this look like it's growing seeds?

• Thread starter MyCologist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MyCologist

I moved two of three plants that I had growing in a tent outside about a month ago, so I could dedicate the entire tent space to a single plant. They're all 3 supposed to be Jack Herer Autos but these two that I moved outside look COMPLETELY different than the one that stayed in the tent. They are dark green with way less pistils and almost look to me like they’ve been pollinated. Sorry for the terrible pics, the sun made it hard to get good ones, I'll try to get some more when the lighting is better.

Does this look like its growing seeds
Does this look like its growing seeds 2
Does this look like its growing seeds 3
Does this look like its growing seeds 4
Does this look like its growing seeds 5
Does this look like its growing seeds 6
Does this look like its growing seeds 7
P

Phyto

Are there males around or have you found "nanners"? If you want to check, just squeeze a couple of those suspect caylxes and see if there' anything inside, might not be hard, but it will "pop" and a little goo will come out if there's a early seed forming. Some plants get really large caylxes, others not so.

M

MyCologist

Are there males around or have you found "nanners"? If you want to check, just squeeze a couple of those suspect caylxes and see if there' anything inside, might not be hard, but it will "pop" and a little goo will come out if there's a early seed forming. Some plants get really large caylxes, others not so.
There are no other males around and I haven't seen any nanners on them but I haven't looked that closely. It's possible that the shock of getting moved outdoors late in her life caused her to Hermie I suppose. I did give a few fat looking calyx's a pinch and there was no seeds but they did seem a little balloon like. They definitely look suspicious to me, I'll have to clip a couple of the fat ones of the bud in the last 2 pics and look closer. If in fact it is seeding, would it be best to just harvest early? Or maybe let it go and harvest a bunch of seeds for future use?

P

Phyto

As long as you don't feel resistance inside th caylx, I think you're fine.

M

MyCologist

I also noticed that the two plants I moved outside have very few pistils compared to the one in the tent. That one is solid hair and the two outside have very few noticeable hairs comparatively. Is this possibly a sign of getting pollinated?

P

Phyto

I also noticed that the two plants I moved outside have very few pistils compared to the one in the tent. That one is solid hair and the two outside have very few noticeable hairs comparatively. Is this possibly a sign of getting pollinated?
They're autos, so flowering normally starts anytime between 3-6 weeks, or, the plants may be adjusting to the new light source (sun). Unless you've found balls, nanners, or one of your neighbors has a male, I very much doubt they've benn pollinated.

M

MyCologist

They're autos, so flowering normally starts anytime between 3-6 weeks, or, the plants may be adjusting to the new light source (sun). Unless you've found balls, nanners, or one of your neighbors has a male, I very much doubt they've benn pollinated.
They're 12 weeks old already, so they were well into flowering when I moved them outdoors a month ago. They look nothing like the one that stayed in the tent so I'm not even sure how to tell when they're ready to harvest. Here's a couple pics of the one that stayed in the tent for comparison, lol.

M

MyCologist

They're 12 weeks old already, so they were well into flowering when I moved them outdoors a month ago. They look nothing like the one that stayed in the tent so I'm not even sure how to tell when they're ready to harvest. Here's a couple pics of the one that stayed in the tent for comparison, lol.

IMG 9249
IMG 9257
IMG 9240
IMG 9234
IMG 9266
M

MyCologist

They're 12 weeks old already, so they were well into flowering when I moved them outdoors a month ago. They look nothing like the one that stayed in the tent so I'm not even sure how to tell when they're ready to harvest. Here's a couple pics of the one that stayed in the tent for comparison. They sure don't look like 3 of the same strain!
I think your going to be ok.
I hope so! They sure have some swelled up calyx's compared to the indoor plant. I'm afraid they're making seeds. I guess time will tell...How long do seeds take to mature?

M

MyCologist

Well, they’re definitely not seeds. I clipped a couple mid buds today, trimmed them tightly and scoped them. To my surprise they’ve got a lot of amber already and the things that looked like seed pods are just really swollen girl parts. Looks like it’s actually harvest time…

IMG 9307
IMG 9308
IMG 9310
IMG 9313
IMG 9317
IMG 9316
IMG 9335
IMG 9337
IMG 9347
IMG 9348
F

Farmville

When the buds on the plant you’re checking don’t have white hairs on the plant. Like less than 20%. That’s when to check with a scope the trichomes

M

MyCologist

Your judging by the leaves, judge by the buds.
The trichome pics are on mostly on bud, not leaf. I trimmed the buds pretty tight before examining them to make sure I wasn't looking at leaf. I took probably 25 trichome pics of 3-4 different buds from the middle section of the plant and they all had about the same amount of amber on them. I looked at some sugar leaf too and it was almost all amber.
When the buds on the plant you’re checking don’t have white hairs on the plant. Like less than 20%. That’s when to check with a scope the trichomes
Did you look at the pictures? Those buds don't have hardly any hairs at all, but the hairs I do see are red, aside from like two sticking out the top of one one bud. And all trichomes are cloudy with at least 20% amber, 90% amber on the sugar leaf.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

The trichome pics are on mostly on bud, not leaf. I trimmed the buds pretty tight before examining them to make sure I wasn't looking at leaf. I took probably 25 trichome pics of 3-4 different buds from the middle section of the plant and they all had about the same amount of amber on them. I looked at some sugar leaf too and it was almost all amber.

Did you look at the pictures? Those buds don't have hardly any hairs at all, but the hairs I do see are red, aside from like two sticking out the top of one one bud. And all trichomes are cloudy with at least 20% amber, 90% amber on the sugar leaf.
There still leaves, look on the buds themselves, not leaves.

M

MyCologist

Is it common to see buds that are nearly devoid of pistils and this lime green at time of harvest? It looks like all the calyx's are super swollen but most never put out a visible pistil. The other plant is solid pistils and these two look like they don't have hardly any.

F

Farmville

Did you look at the pictures. I see white hairs in the bud not all have turned orange red

Top Bottom