Finding extremely tiny white bugs

• Thread starter Trippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eledin

Eledin

Yeah I seen his and I was thinking that has to be super unnatural for the plant. He keeps the light on 24hrs a day and uses advance nutrients from the very start of the seedling. At day 20 his plant looks like a full size plant. So the guy is basically choosing quantity over quality?
Im super against the 24 hours of light, if you wanna know why its long to explain, I will say that they do very important stuff that they cannot do during the day. If I had any doubt that those buds were mostly fluff now I know for sure. Anyway, take a look at this

I know they mention feminized seeds only at first, just read what the plant does during night and later on they mention autos, I quote:
"Autoflowering cannabis plants are derived from Cannabis ruderalis, a unique cannabis variety that flowers based on age rather than in response to light cycle changes. Since autos are not photoperiodic, many growers have been led to believe that these varieties can (or even should) be grown under 24 hours of light from seed to harvest in order to maximise plant growth and yields. However, we advise against this.

As we saw at the beginning of this article, many key plant processes occur during the dark phase. Moreover, nowhere on Earth except the Arctic (where cannabis doesn't grow naturally) do we see plants exposed to 24 hours of light per day. And we tend to think that nature knows best, which is why we choose to grow autos under a 18/6 light/dark cycle, and recommend you do the same."

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

Im super against the 24 hours of light, if you wanna know why its long to explain, I will say that they do very important stuff that they cannot do during the day. If I had any doubt that those buds were mostly fluff now I know for sure. Anyway, take a look at this

I know they mention feminized seeds only at first, just read what the plant does during night and later on they mention autos, I quote:
"Autoflowering cannabis plants are derived from Cannabis ruderalis, a unique cannabis variety that flowers based on age rather than in response to light cycle changes. Since autos are not photoperiodic, many growers have been led to believe that these varieties can (or even should) be grown under 24 hours of light from seed to harvest in order to maximise plant growth and yields. However, we advise against this.

As we saw at the beginning of this article, many key plant processes occur during the dark phase. Moreover, nowhere on Earth except the Arctic (where cannabis doesn't grow naturally) do we see plants exposed to 24 hours of light per day. And we tend to think that nature knows best, which is why we choose to grow autos under a 18/6 light/dark cycle, and recommend you do the same."
stop talkin to vampires lol

T

Trippie

Your post has been hijacked hahaha anyway what games do you play? This is still your post lol.
Yeah some random stuff going on lol I don't mind I'm getting a laugh out of it. I usually play rocket league or dayz, rust, etc. I play a bunch of different games. You play?

Eledin

Eledin

Yeah some random stuff going on lol I don't mind I'm getting a laugh out of it. I usually play rocket league or dayz, rust, etc. I play a bunch of different games. You play?
Nice! Good games even though I dont play any of them, just personal preference. I play Hunt: Showdown, played a lot of Counter Strike but I think Im officially retired hahaha and of course and the most cringy and toxic, League of Legends.

T

Trippie

Nice! Good games even though I dont play any of them, just personal preference. I play Hunt: Showdown, played a lot of Counter Strike but I think Im officially retired hahaha and of course and the most cringy and toxic, League of Legends.
Ah the Ole reliable league of legends... yeah I feel like the older we get the less time and interest we have in games. At thus point it's just a little escape from life time to time..

Eledin

Eledin

Ah the Ole reliable league of legends... yeah I feel like the older we get the less time and interest we have in games. At thus point it's just a little escape from life time to time..
Yeah hahaha I stoped being competitive a long time ago. I still have some in me but Im not studying the meta and practicing for nothing. The game I notice my age the most but not only is counter strike and thats probably why I dont play it anymore. I have a lot of spare time, its a time killer for the most part while I wait until I have something to do, or a way to socialize with one of my friends too. We dont care much about the game, we update each other on our lives mostly, the game is just something to do while we talk.

T

Trippie

Yeah hahaha I stoped being competitive a long time ago. I still have some in me but Im not studying the meta and practicing for nothing. The game I notice my age the most but not only is counter strike and thats probably why I dont play it anymore. I have a lot of spare time, its a time killer for the most part while I wait until I have something to do, or a way to socialize with one of my friends too. We dont care much about the game, we update each other on our lives mostly, the game is just something to do while we talk.
Yeah that was spot on! That's the best times you'll have too. If you messed up on light schedule would you rather. A. Give it a extra hour of light or B. Give it a extra hour of dark? Just curious

T

Trippie

So is there a easy way to tell what stage the plant is in. I just recorded this and yeah idk how to tell that she's in veg state. And if and when would I start trimming? Also I know I need more soil I the top I have some coming.

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

Yeah that was spot on! That's the best times you'll have too. If you messed up on light schedule would you rather. A. Give it a extra hour of light or B. Give it a extra hour of dark? Just curious
None of them, I would keep it as usual. If I forgot to swap it to auto and I turn them on later on in the day for example, which happens sometimes if you have one of those timers, I just turn it on auto. No extra or less light than they had. They have a biological clock aswell that adjusts to the timing of your lights so giving them extra or less will just confuse them more. If you notice, a few minutes before the grow goes dark theyre already preparing to sleep.

Eledin

Eledin

What is her light schedule and it was an auto right? I forgot most of it and got lost in all the posts. When you start seeing hairs/pistils on the nodes and the tip of the bud sites then it will be in flower. Right now she looks like she is in flower, I cant see the nodes but I think I see pistils on the top bud sites. Usually the big defoliation comes at week 3 of flower, right now she looks like she is on week 1-start of week 2, depending on her speed. Check the nodes nonetheles because I might be triping, my vision is not very good and the tiny leaves coming out might appear to be pistils. Can you do a close up of the top bud sites?

T

Trippie

What is her light schedule and it was an auto right? I forgot most of it and got lost in all the posts. When you start seeing hairs/pistils on the nodes and the tip of the bud sites then it will be in flower. Right now she looks like she is in flower, I cant see the nodes but I think I see pistils on the top bud sites. Usually the big defoliation comes at week 3 of flower, right now she looks like she is on week 1-start of week 2, depending on her speed. Check the nodes nonetheles because I might be triping, my vision is not very good and the tiny leaves coming out might appear to be pistils. Can you do a close up of the top bud sites?
Light schedule is 18 and 6. If she's in flower is that normal for auto at 1 month old?

Screenshot 20240624 192501 Gallery
Eledin

Eledin

Light schedule is 18 and 6. If she's in flower is that normal for auto at 1 month old?
About one month or one moth plus change for them to flower yes. Looking at the close ups its definetely pistils, its around 2 weeks into flower, in 1 week or so you can start removing fan leaves and bud sites that you dont want if any. How do you know exactly when? It will stop growing and start focusing on the buds, when you notice that its barely growing anymore if anything at all then you can do the big chop chop.
So should I start a 12 and 12 if she is in flower?
No, autoflowers are 18/6 or 20/4 from beggining to end. If you started with 18/6 then keep that til the end.
Photoperiodic plants need 12/12 otherwise they wont flower, so you choose when they go to flower when you change lights, with autos theres none of that.

Top Bottom