Galgrows outdoor & indoor summer in Oregon

• Thread starter Galgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cpurola

cpurola

Not alot going on with my grow. The 9 autos still looking like they did 2wks ago, blame it on me and going outdoors with them in the cool weather they stalled. Now it's a wait and see if they can turn the corner on the rough start. I've given them plenty of recovery care now it's up to the warm weeks predicted ahead. Then there's the photoperiods abit droopy they seem to have given the " finger " to the 40 degree morning temps also. Got those 2 small Slurricanes do OK blooming hard telling when they'll show more ripening an plumping no one likes cool wet days for very long. It's the PNW it will throw you a snow/hail storm in July but i sure hope not LOL.
The snapdragons on the right side of the pic... did you start those from seed? If so, what brand, variety? Thanks
Our neighbor's garage faces our patio so I usually plant tall zinnias as a screen, but I'd like to add another flower too and I LOVE snapdragons.

Oh, and your weed plants look good too! LOL

Galgrows

Galgrows

Update on the photoperiods 🧚‍♀️ pic 1 3 blueberry muffins i'm pulling an tying also thinning. I doubt these will get over 5ft in fact most of all my photos won't go over 5ft i think? Anyhoo next up in 2nd pic sittin at 24" is white widow x purple kush i do believe i may clone her later down the road so tempting she's really got great structure so different from clones i took off slurricane an blueberry M. She so bowlegged on the lower branches really funny but those stick out an naturally bow upwards. Last 3 pics are the flowering slurricanes there's very little spaces between nodes very tight an stiff. I've tried to get into the colas an snip out leaf man oh man same as the mom she was thick suger leaf just trimmed best i can. These flowering ones are still getting bloom fed and drinking well one more than the other later in flower. She's smaller but really dark green, other is alot taller by 7" lighter green. Anyhow i can't say how much longer but i sure could use it as i'm buying from my local shop and i hate that but i'm a lover of the plant so i go shopping🤷‍♀️ Thanks for stopping by, hope all your weather woes calm down.

IMG 20240623 134313683 HDR  6 23
IMG 20240623 134259362 HDR  6 23
IMG 20240623 134249624 HDR  6 23
IMG 20240623 134225858 HDR  6 23
IMG 20240623 134237748 HDR  6 23
Galgrows

Galgrows

The snapdragons on the right side of the pic... did you start those from seed? If so, what brand, variety? Thanks
Our neighbor's garage faces our patio so I usually plant tall zinnias as a screen, but I'd like to add another flower too and I LOVE snapdragons.

Oh, and your weed plants look good too! LOL
No i did a plant exchange with neighbors who grow flowers bet they did from seed. I got really tall batcholor buttons that are blue over 4ft tall and i threw a big sack of mixed annual & perenial flower seeds out there in those brick beds last summer. What a show they put on just crazy chaos garden havic. Just beautiful. Now i'm collecting seeds from them, i don't know 1/2 of what the varity they are?
I did start pretty colorful sunflowers and zinnias. I love those zinnias " state fair " strain. So colorful 💐

Galgrows

Galgrows

No i did a plant exchange with neighbors who grow flowers bet they did from seed. I got really tall batcholor buttons that are blue over 4ft tall and i threw a big sack of mixed annual & perenial flower seeds out there in those brick beds last summer. What a show they put on just crazy chaos garden havic. Just beautiful. Now i'm collecting seeds from them, i don't know 1/2 of what the varity they are?
I did start pretty colorful sunflowers and zinnias. I love those zinnias " state fair " strain. So colorful 💐
Ohhh those in the veggie garden those were holdovers from last summer, really tough snaps. I did plant somemore in the brick beds too.

cpurola

cpurola

Thanks. I have grown state fair and a variety of other tall ones from seed, but this year life got in the way and I couldn't start them knowing I'd have to leave for a few weeks. I bought plants from a local nursery and was assured they'd get at least 3 ft. Ended up Preciosa zinnias, 2 foot tall. Beautiful Flowers but not what I wanted. 🙁

And thanks for your well wishes with the weather. This afternoon our temps dropped 15 degrees and we've turned off the air. 🙂

Latest posts

Top Bottom