How are you topping and training?

AZreefer

AZreefer

I wasn't looking for it. It just showed up on my Roku Youtube feed. I thought it was BS. I'd be more inclined to believe large-scale growers don't top to reduce labor costs or just have more height in their growing spaces. Most of us folks who grow in tents are interested in making sure our plants don't outgrow our tents. Topping and other pruning can help do that.
I follow that logic. I know a bunch of the growing techniques big scale use does not apply to my tent. But it is a great example as to the different approaches and reasons for that particular approach, yeah? Plus i assume there are an assload of great techniques some farm fam have developed that they wont mind sharing the reason and methods.

Newty

Newty

I wasn't looking for it. It just showed up on my Roku Youtube feed. I thought it was BS. I'd be more inclined to believe large-scale growers don't top to reduce labor costs or just have more height in their growing spaces. Most of us folks who grow in tents are interested in making sure our plants don't outgrow our tents. Topping and other pruning can help do that.
Good point, I'm sure they have way more height then the 80" I have.
I just watched a few other videos about not topping and it seems most of them use shorter veg times as well.

I know a few people who buy several seeds of the same strain and never top the first run so they can see what the structure of the plant is like so they can plan topping and training on future grows of that strain.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i use one these i just run across the top of my plants so its all even

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Gimmie the quick and dirty of your style. Not a tutorial, just a quickie. Why would be super helpful too.
I top at the 4th node, including the cotys, every plant, every time. Then I pin out the first 2 chutes, I top them almost immediately, and pin those out. Sometimes I will leave every stalk, to reduce stress. Other times I will take the lowest 2 to clean it up a bit. It’s all about pinning all of the stalks out of each others way, to the edge of the pot from center mass. Let it grow towards the light a couple inches, and pin it down again, removing lower growth as to perpetuate top side growth to keep the show moving. Rinse and repeat until you ai t got no room. Then pop the pins. And let them eat. You really can make these plants do whatever you want, spiral plant? Sure fuck it!
A plant that has no clue which way to go, hell yeah! Standard mainline training? Savvy bro! Manifolds? Please and yesterday! First three pics is a plant I left every stalk on, never pruned them, I just trained them upward to catch up with the top 4 stalks within some strategic positioning.

But really, the quicker out the gate you are with the stuff you can finish the same time as someone who does half as much training. Given the plant in question is vigorous. Holler if you want to know more. 👊🏻🤡

IMG 1449
IMG 1342
IMG 1516
IMG 1515
IMG 1012
IMG 1152
IMG 1183
IMG 1269
IMG 0990
65566485693  C94361EA 7CBF 4212 A844 419933D7E253
IMG 3602
IMG 4008
66571214084  92A89395 52BA 4614 B78E C5A17AEF77A0
IMG 4010
66571215351  C8532B22 5066 4C47 A2DF F9ACAC9F1975
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I need to learn this! Thanks for the post Capt! 👍 👍
Def homie. If you look at the plants on the lower stalk formations, any spot you see where it splits into 2 stalks, that was a top site I took. So just study them up, gleen what you can and if you have any problems or questions, holler. I have a tj of other pics and examples as well. 👊🏻🤡

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Who? Me, no, been doing this shit forever man. Fucking YouTube. ok. Jesus. you know, I knew how to do all this shit before that dumb shit existed. what’s your deal anyways man. Folks like us have been using a trellis for CENTURIES fucking chucklehead.
i was just messing around no need to call me names so go back to ignoring me since i proved you wrong of the lighting situation you so new i had a few weeks back where u got butt hurt

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
i was just messing around no need to call me names so go back to ignoring me since i proved you wrong of the lighting situation you so new i had a few weeks back where u got butt hurt
Nah you’re just a dick bro. Always typing out of both sides of your face. Always backtracking digs when I call you out.
Stop being an asshole, and I won’t tell you, that you’re an asshole. Easy peasy fuck face.
I’m one of the nicest guys here, and you fucking blew it being a dick. Fuck off bro.

Now I’ll go back to ignoring your dumb ass.
Get off my nuts.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Def homie. If you look at the plants on the lower stalk formations, any spot you see where it splits into 2 stalks, that was a top site I took. So just study them up, gleen what you can and if you have any problems or questions, holler. I have a tj of other pics and examples as well. 👊🏻🤡
Thank you, I appreciate that and I may take you up on that when I get closer. I'm only at 3 nodes on one of the 4 plants. I want to get them in their final pot before I top. Going to do that Sunday, give them some time to recover then top. I think I am only going to top the two older ones so the younger ones can catch up. Let them just grow natural. See the difference. But since all 4 are different strains, it will be hard to judge.

At this point, I will be happy if I can keep them alive to harvest.... Still getting the hang of watering. Too much... too little... UG!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thank you, I appreciate that and I may take you up on that when I get closer. I'm only at 3 nodes on one of the 4 plants. I want to get them in their final pot before I top. Going to do that Sunday, give them some time to recover then top. I think I am only going to top the two older ones so the younger ones can catch up. Let them just grow natural. See the difference. But since all 4 are different strains, it will be hard to judge.

At this point, I will be happy if I can keep them alive to harvest.... Still getting the hang of watering. Too much... too little... UG!
Sorry about me throwing down a couple posts ago. Nutswinger……..that I’m done fucking with. Seriously my bad homie.

Top Bottom