Outdoor grow in Southeast Michigan 2024

• Thread starter cpurola
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunin

Sunin

Standing and balancing on the landscape blocks while trying to catch a bug is a recipe for disaster! (fell backwards last year but my poor Auto cannabis plant cushioned my fall and lost it's main stem halfway up)

must be entertaining to look at 🤣

Pan Kleks catching butterflies

I love to come here and look at all them growing wonders 😎

cpurola

cpurola

I planted taller sunflowers in front of a row my zinnias that I had marked as short sunflowers. Those aren't getting eaten up as badly as the ones in the front of the bed. Makes me wonder what is off in the food chain to have such an abundance of those nasty things.

I'm hopeful you catch whatever it is. Never in my life did I think I would find joy in killing insects with my bare hands but I don't mind at all. Some will destroy your garden overnight. Please don't be balancing on blocks anymore. Injuries hurt much worse now and take forever to heal from. More than beauty was wasted in my youth. Definitely took my body and health for grated. Ha

I can my tomatoes and a lot out of my garden. Pepper jelly is a staple in these parts. Planted for 7 hours yesterday. Still have my flowers to get into the ground. I'm so late. That heat have screwed me.

This will be my first year for Black Krims. I'm excited. I have a handle full of new heirlooms I'm growing. I also have varieties that have crossed here and I just keep planting. 🙃 I'll always have at least one cherokee purple. Incredible performers. Nothing beats a garden fresh tomato. Can't wait. I pickled green tomatoes last year. Maybe a new favorite.

Enjoy your weekend.
I tried fried green tomatoes for the first time last year and I LOVE them. Won't pick any to fry until after the red ones are done. I used to can, but when hubby started cooking and we were out of our canned tomatoes he did it himself. We have 12 jars of tomatoes on the shelf and he only used 1 during the winter. 🫤 We'll be eating this year's fresh. LOL

cpurola

cpurola

Honestly I really didn't WANT to grow trees, I just started them early so I could sex them before putting them in the garden. LOL
Now I've got another month of growth before they flower. I have a feeling I'll be trimming when I shouldn't, just to keep them a manageable size. 🫤
And the Pan Kleks pic is so cute! Learned something new today. Thanks!

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Looks Great! Mine too! And some of the others like Romulan Warp Drive look like they're starting. Skystone has not come even close, and she's a monster! Pics later.
You inspired me to grow a tree this year
20240630 133625

Starry Eyed fem Freak Genitics

Put her in a 5 gallon nursery pot of coconut coir. I've got her in the greenhouse getting 15 hrs light a day but when I put her in the garden she's gonna get her stretch on.

She's hitting the top of the greenhouse now so I'll put her on the floor for a couple days and then out to flower😉

This is YOUR FAULT🤣🥰

Organic13

Organic13

My peas stopped performing when the heat came. Just pulled them today. Found a few caterpillars on them. Pulled them off and threw them in the bird bath. Wish I could feed them to my dragonflies. I call them my garden assassins. Find heads all over the place when they are on the prowl.

Can't wait to see you plants.

Galgrows

Galgrows

I tried fried green tomatoes for the first time last year and I LOVE them. Won't pick any to fry until after the red ones are done. I used to can, but when hubby started cooking and we were out of our canned tomatoes he did it himself. We have 12 jars of tomatoes on the shelf and he only used 1 during the winter. 🫤 We'll be eating this year's fresh. LOL
Ohhh they are wonderful with some ranch dressing, like fried zucchini ymm

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Oh shit i've not seen any here........yet! I kinda expected to with my 2 bloomers stinking up my backyard but none yet. Ughh those are our borg.
Marth larvae, I would assume every state must have 'em of some sort. Do you have moths in the summer fluttering about your door lights at night? Then you got larvae that will eat your outdoor plants. I'm not sharing with them any more.
20240627 140941
20240627 140945
20240627 141019

No more. I've lost 90% of plants to these bastards. No more. This stuff dissipates quickly and washes off easily. I gotta use this stuff or I'm growing for fat worms that I'll step on. Kind of a waste of time so I'm cutting out the middle man completely😉
Use as directed.

Galgrows

Galgrows

Marth larvae, I would assume every state must have 'em of some sort. Do you have moths in the summer fluttering about your door lights at night?
Marth larvae, I would assume every state must have 'em of some sort. Do you have moths in the summer fluttering about your door lights at night? Then you got larvae that will eat your outdoor plants. I'm not sharing with them any more.View attachment 2207577View attachment 2207576View attachment 2207578
No more. I've lost 90% of plants to these bastards. No more. This stuff dissipates quickly and washes off easily. I gotta use this stuff or I'm growing for fat worms that I'll step on. Kind of a waste of time so I'm cutting out the middle man completely😉
Use as directed.
Yep i use this but not when there in flower, prior to i use it pre flower
Then you got larvae that will eat your outdoor plants. I'm not sharing with them any more.View attachment 2207577View attachment 2207576View attachment 2207578
Use as directed.

Top Bottom