How Should I LST This Plant

11Bvet

11Bvet

First grow and I am pretty much clueless. I have 3 plants that look similar to the one in the picture. The main stem looks longer from the dirt to where I topped. Do I bend the main stem or what? Again, I have no clue what I’m doing when it comes to growing weed. Thanks in advance!
How should i lst this plant

SpursGrower

SpursGrower

Hey buddy, I’m a newish grower as well so can’t answer your question personally, but I’m sure someone will be along soon.

Meanwhile have a look at this thread

It’s got some great info on the subject from some very knowledgeable people

✌🏼

11Bvet

11Bvet

Hey buddy, I’m a newish grower as well so can’t answer your question personally, but I’m sure someone will be along soon.

Meanwhile have a look at this thread

It’s got some great info on the subject from some very knowledgeable people

✌🏼
Thanks bro! I am almost tempted to cut that main stem just above those bigger lower leaves. That way maybe I could mainline, and the main stalk won't be so tall.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd let her dry out to wilt, put a line on the top 2 come together. Pull the plant over and tie it down so the Y is at the side of the pot. The top 2 branches will then turn back up water well. Let the lower branches grow.
She will bush right up for you.

Last edited:
11Bvet

11Bvet

So just bend the entire main stem, correct? I transplanted them into their final pot 3 days ago. Should I wait til they dry and have had more time to adjust to the transplant before I tie them down?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hi yes. Give this plant time to wilt so it will bend and not break. Go easy put a loop around the Y and slowly pull her all the way down to the top of the pot with the Y over the side. This will let light at the lower nodes. These branches will grow as the tops turns up again. You should have about 10 stalks come up all about the same height. You can water again as soon as she is tied down. Just drill a hole in the top of the pot to tie to. Feed high nitrogen fertilizer.
With a 12 first number like a good tomato fertilizer.

Top Bottom