I over watered this gal...can she be saved? Banana purple punch auto, week 4 of flower.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
What we call "overwatering" is watering too frequently, not watering too much volume. Correct watering frequency will depend on the media used. In soils and amended soils, I water slowly to runoff, only when the pots are very light. In coco or 100% peat, I'll water more frequently in smaller amounts.
I always say, if the pot is dried back correctly, root ball feels close to the equivalent of styrofoam of the same size, then you know, plants get this light before a dry back wilt happens. Do that, then slowly apply the correct amount of water/feed.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
It's a 5 gallon bag and the soil is completely dry at this point.
So, should I start with half gallon? How much should I water.
Look at your first picture, That's a classic plant that's thirsty; next time you see that you'll know.

Recommend learning what a wet dry / cycle is, I wrote this for someone a few years ago

The leaves petiole tells you if it’s thirsty wilt or a overwatered wilt, overwater the petiole still will have rigidity and mostly horizontal but the leaf is a wet noodle,
A dryback wilt the petiole will be just as droopy as the leaf. On a closer look, it’s looking like it needs liquids

IMG 5839
Sunin

Sunin

Look at your first picture, That's a classic plant that's thirsty; next time you see that you'll know.

Recommend learning what a wet dry / cycle is, I wrote this for someone a few years ago

and picking up the pot.
If adult male is coming here with big plants in flower saying he overwatered his plants badly I am assuming he did. Why wouldn't I? It appears plant was bone dry from start. I mean..... 😏

H

HomegrownOhighO

and picking up the pot.
If adult male is coming here with big plants in flower saying he overwatered his plants badly I am assuming he did. Why wouldn't I? It appears plant was bone dry from start. I mean..... 😏
It wasn't bone dry from the start though, the pot had weight. I've been drying it out for a few days and the leaves were heavy and soft. They were not dry or crispy. The top soil looks so dry because I top dressed fresh soil after last topping of dry amendments to combat the Gaia smell. I'm not disagreeing with anyone but I did want to point that out.

Sunin

Sunin

It wasn't bone dry from the start though, the pot had weight. I've been drying it out for a few days and the leaves were heavy and soft. They were not dry or crispy. The top soil looks so dry because I top dressed fresh soil after last topping of dry amendments to combat the Gaia smell. I'm not disagreeing with anyone but I did want to point that out.

it's all good. it is your plant and smoke after all ✌️

Top Bottom