Long time grower - Back at it - Interesting Genetics.

• Thread starter Thatoneguyyouknow_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

So, the Maui Wowie '86 lives.

It's literally sitting there going "Wazuuuuuuuuuuuuuup".

Male or female i am beyond stoked to see this thing grow. This newborn plant is already a few years older then i am. So wild. Super trippy.

448546195 3789091744705506 5671866524261868617 n

Last edited:
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Got some seeds for next years outdoor run, as well as an indica that gets big to try out too from @RoyalQueenSeeds

Havent seen these special queen seeds In a long time. Since back before you guys switched up your colors. The nostalgia is very real. Badass plant, skunky oldschool flowers, big yield outside, and to be honest a quality to the high that i still compare a lot of plants to as a form of benchmark. It wasnt the strongest flower, but was one of those that just keeps you grabbing it's jar over your others.
448393691 1367063343965350 7792661803314233951 n

Not sure what to expect from the punch pie, but colossal indica is something i like the sound of for sure.
448735691 2884830554997481 2562188743344795084 n

RoyalQueenSeeds

RoyalQueenSeeds

Supporter
Got some seeds for next years outdoor run, as well as an indica that gets big to try out too from @RoyalQueenSeeds

Havent seen these special queen seeds In a long time. Since back before you guys switched up your colors. The nostalgia is very real. Badass plant, skunky oldschool flowers, big yield outside, and to be honest a quality to the high that i still compare a lot of plants to as a form of benchmark. It wasnt the strongest flower, but was one of those that just keeps you grabbing it's jar over your others.
View attachment 2198340

Not sure what to expect from the punch pie, but colossal indica is something i like the sound of for sure.
View attachment 2198341
We hope you enjoy them buddy!! 🙌 🌱

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

First things first, i was struggling with weird PH issues in the banners. Yay for journals, i had forgot i had added screened soil to the peat/perlite, had been trying to treat it like a soiless mix, and it wasn't. Noticed that reading back. Funny story, since i had forgot i was technically in soil, i tried to give them a low dose of nutrients PH'd at 5.6 when they were like 3 day old, and i kinda reamed em a bit and i havent exactly showed em off while they stunted and died. Glad i have a bunch of those 😅

Im taking a mullgian on the Banners for now, srry Capt. Im glad i remixed before planting the Maui to make sure i had everything right i could, or it'd have probably never even sprouted at all. I added a little pasteurized compost and pellet feed full of beneficial microlife before planting the Maui so defaulted to neutral PH til true leaves.

Also, plans are changing. Imagine that.

My outdoor girls are kinda smashing my expectations and have since the very first 24hrs theyve been in ground. I dont smoke a lot. Less then a gram a day usually. My fall is going to be very busy with my job, it's event season and ill be on salary pay by then.

I already know my plants are going to be a lot bigger and yield a lot more then i was expecting or really wanting. I wont have enough time to process and cure up all the flower, even if i lose a lot to PM. Some plants may even get too big for me to reach the entire thing, the ground is too uneven and soft for a ladder or step stool safely.

I dont sell anymore. Half of the outdoor flower already is going to probably be fresh frozen for live resin and edible runs as i want to make them over time. Other half ish will probably end up as cured flower and hash that will likely last me easily til next fall.

I ordered a 4x4 tent for DWC, but its going to become a soil mother tent under my @PhlizonGrowLight panels that will probably be expanded later. The 5x3 (more like 4.5x2.5 usable) is going to be a breeding closet instead of a clone mother closet under a couple panels as well.

Im starting a Special Queen #1 seed, a Punch Pie seed, A Cali Blues seed. Im also starting a Haymeadow Purps seed to joint the Maui Wowie 86 in my quest for a male plant. 🤡🧬 meets ☮️🔫🧬 in the future.

448779257 453655357392438 6441316329918837738 n

RootFarmer

RootFarmer

Loving all of this. Classic genetics get me excited. Great to see people keeping these Heritage Strains going. Back in the early 80s I had a friend from Hawaii who came to KC a couple times a year. Her family grew Puna Butter. God I miss those days.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Loving all of this. Classic genetics get me excited. Great to see people keeping these Heritage Strains going. Back in the early 80s I had a friend from Hawaii who came to KC a couple times a year. Her family grew Puna Butter. God I miss those days.
i cant wait to see how skunky this batch of peaceblasters get. Cant wait to try the Original jack x Big bud. The seed mother buds were straight pine. That stains your sinuses pine thats nowhere anymore.

I dont really know what to say about the Maui. That seedling is already older then i am. She stood right up on que once she saw some light too. Didnt have any trouble dropping the seed casing either. Stoked on the Special Queen. Is an oldschool Skunk x powerbud cross. Was the first skunky sativa i grew years back. I was surprised its even still an available plant today. Been thinking about that one since the very first peaceblasters were getting harvested i just always had too many genetics and projects ongoing to get back to it. Pulled over 2 lbs off a special queen clone thrown outside in early june one year that i didnt even pay particularly special attention to.

I just moved back to tn from KC not long ago lol.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

So I'm satisfied my clones that have been in daily refreshed cups of water downstairs are bug free.

They're in a pan of Coco/perlite under domes now. Starting in a week or so I'll just give em light tugs every few days. If they hold the soil I'll scoop em out and pot em up in some soil and let em wilt a time or twice (massively accelerates root development even if plants look pissed for a bit.) Misting with plain RO water at 5.8ph and 003ppm.

2 clones of the suspected Haze mystery sativa and 1 of each of the peaceblasters.

Gonna set up another pan for OJ x BB and Biggs tomorrow.
IMG 20240621 142423583

IMG 20240621 143940736

RootFarmer

RootFarmer

You're not going to start charging me rent in here are you.....I might be hanging out just that much. Lol

You mentioned a Columbian landrace. I had some Mango Biche about 2-3 years ago. Supposedly the original unhybridized strain was thought tp be extinct. They got caught in the hybrid craze back in the day to meet demand. It was allegedly discovered that the pure landracee, Mango Biche, was still be cultivated by a small tribe in Columbia. Who knows, the weed world is rife with weed lore. Blew the top of my head off, I'll tell you that. Lol Whatever the real story Is, it was a nice treat.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

You're not going to start charging me rent in here are you.....I might be hanging out just that much. Lol

You mentioned a Columbian landrace. I had some Mango Biche about 2-3 years ago. Supposedly the original unhybridized strain was thought tp be extinct. They got caught in the hybrid craze back in the day to meet demand. It was allegedly discovered that the pure landracee, Mango Biche, was still be cultivated by a small tribe in Columbia. Who knows, the weed world is rife with weed lore. Blew the top of my head off, I'll tell you that. Lol Whatever the real story Is, it was a nice treat.
Man it's crickets in here, i ramble way too much, pull up a chair and our some coffee or bust out the sativas. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Not sure if i told this story on how i got them or not. Or just alluded to it.

I was at a KC bones (Kansas city grateful dead band) show in KC, and ended up having a drink and talking for a couple hours with this old deadhead that called himself boston mike. By the end of the convo and a few beers in i walked back to his place with him, and he showed me a bunch of cool stuff he mailed himself back from his backpacking gringo trips in south america. He had some really cool stuff. Dude didnt keep a cell phone, didnt even have tv. One of the cool things he showed me were some old pot seeds he got from some native dudes in columbia that had these "giant fire hair tree's" going. Based on his stories that was probably 10-15 years before i met him probably 10 years ago now, tbh i dont usually keep track of dates at all.

Im sure i gave a few good "omg what the f*ck no way's". i know i rambled about having a legal cultivation address and working for a commercial facility. But he gave me a bunch of them no questions asked.

I threw a dozen on a paper towel, and got 2 to pop. and both were more or less identical (implying true land race) Mexican fire hair sativa females, only they bushed out and tree'd up like no ones business unlike the mexican.

Boston Mike has since passed away as well. RIP.

This is a baby pic of that gain land race plant on the first page that pulled a little over 2 pounds under 1 light. (1kw hps) Cut at 13 weeks because root rot set in. Is probably a 16 week strain but i have no idea. This plant was the pollen donor for the feminized F1 peaceblaster generation i have outside right now.
IMG 20211014 155454 1

The seed mother was a glue dream cookies pheno that had afghani, gg4, the original sativa dom animal cookies, and the original 70s afghani land race in it. That columbian pollen royally skunked up the peaceblaster too, in the best way possible.

I just found an old video of the DWC harvest on my apple accnt too. This video, that was all one single columbian land race plant in DWC pulled early from root rot. still managed to get her to 13 weeks though. I was never able to give this plant the length of season, nor the space, or enduring health to take her all the way. She was a tough plant and wanted altitude, and the equator. Chose to breed with her instead of totally loose her just because she was a hugely impractical plant to grow. Couldnt sell her either, no one wants a 12% thc sativa that smells almost like musty roadkill. I mostly smoked hash and wax i made with her because my tollerance was pretty up at the time. She had that grinning, smiley, chinese eye almost giggly high that's nowhere today.

IMG 20211012 150810 5

IMG 20211014 125804 1

Proud to have genetics like this in my peaceblaster. It's where the F1 vigor kicked into overdrive and many of the pheno's skunked out.

Last edited:
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Haven't touched PB 1 since her toppings.

This is exactly what I look for in a sativa.

Not one square inch of her doesn't get good light and airflow every single day. Why even bother pruning her or tying her open? She won't even let two leaves touch each other let alone lay flat together 😍
IMG 20240621 192043381

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Still can't stop cheezin bout this 86 Maui. I think I've already told every grower friend I can still got ahold of that I popped a seed older then I am.

It's a real beauty too. Slow to start but she bolted once she saw the light. Still got plenty of pep in that step 🤡🤜🤛

@Captspaulding thanks again. I'm honored to have this little one. If it's female I'll spread the clone everywhere I can. And if it's male ill do the same with it's children.

IMG 20240621 211652877
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Still can't stop cheezin bout this 86 Maui. I think I've already told every grower friend I can still got ahold of that I popped a seed older then I am.

And not only that it's a real beauty. Once she saw the light she bolted.

@Captspaulding thanks again. I'm honored to have this little one. If it's female I'll spread the clone everywhere I can. And if it's make ill do the same with it's children.
That’s all I ask bro! 👊🏻🤡

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I’m gonna have to pick y’all’s brains about how to handle males soon..

that sounded super gay 😂
Hqdefault

I tended to use a small 2x2 tent with exhaust only running through hepa filter so air only ever enters when opening never exits.

After sealing the tent back up just Misting pollen with plain water can kill it if you think you got some somewhere you don't want to.

I'll tap pollen onto a piece of card stock direct below flowers, and let it air for a couple hours to totally dry in the AC inside (super low humidity). I'll fold that up and wrap it in foil, then drop it in a baggie with a silica gel pack then drop that in a deep freezer.

It'll keep for a few years that way.

I would normally use a fine paint brush and dip on the card stock and paint only the flowers I wanted pollenated, and put a bag over em for a day or two. Then seal the pollen back up for later.

Right now I'm prob going to get a collection of mothers going in a 4x4 over the next few months. Then once I harvest my outdoor crops I'll be spending the winter breeding in my closet not having to worry about stray pollen. I'll just let em screw each other like mad in the closet for seed only plants.

Come spring I'll just back off the breeding closet and get some plants going outdoors again.

That's my current pollen plan anyway

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I have 2 tents that I keep rolling. That’s where I do my breeding usually, this run is different in what my end game is. But yep like homie said, a negative pressure environment with a decent filter and get wacky!

Top Bottom