Long time grower - Back at it - Interesting Genetics.

• Thread starter Thatoneguyyouknow_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I don't think I've ever seen that many claws before. Lol
She has a very tight node spacing even when I back the light up to 24". She won't stretch out. So it makes that look even worse then normal xD. I don't think I've ever had a plant this small with this many leaves tbh.

Yea that plants been a nightmare. Too much peat for its wimpy roots, can't feed above 600ppm or it burns super fast.

Once I get back to health I'm going to break it down to clones and root them into a mix with a LOT more perlite in it. And see if I can get him to veg a bit quicker on those roots

At that point if it's still super slow and sensitive I probably am going to let the plant go. It's starting to lose it's interestingness to me lmao.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I think if I had put it into the soil I'm using now it would perform a lot better.

Plants with wimpy roots tend to hate high peat mixes and struggle with em. Can be difficult to penetrate. All I had at the time though.

But yea she's rough, bad nute burn followed by root rot on a root system that only goes down a few inches. I'm surprised she's even recovering at all.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Gonna give some photo love to the little ones. Idk exactly how old they are, but I know PB#4 is Bout 4. Or 5 days younger then the Tammy plants. And the Mexi red x Afghani is a week younger then the PB #4.

Tammy #1
IMG 20240626 143356354
IMG 20240626 143405803

Tammy #2 was the biggest little one, but PB4 just overtook her I believe.
IMG 20240626 143415281
IMG 20240626 143419707

Tammy #3 (she doesn't care for afternoon sun when it's above 90, she got over a gallon this morning)

Her ground cover isn't growing back in as well. Need to mulch it. That's part of her problem I think.
IMG 20240626 143434875

IMG 20240626 143438657

Peaceblaster #4 now the most developed little one. She takes the heat. Not dropping just starring the sun right in the eye.

Her stem is like half as thick as Tammy #2. But like twice as strong.
IMG 20240626 143459452
IMG 20240626 143504479

Mexi red x Afghani. The youngest plant I have outside. No slouch. Something like 10 days younger then the Tammy plants. Prob only a day or two behind on growth now.
IMG 20240626 143509154
IMG 20240626 143514115

I'll be putting some natural mulching down on the exposed soil soon. I know they'll appreciate it. Tbh I'm actually trying to keep growth slow.

Over 2 weeks nothing but hose water in a heat wave and I'm only just now seeing some signs they may slow down a little (the purpling main stem) some pkants do that. Usually the peaceblasters won't. They usually don't even have red leaf stems lol. Can't be a hard cross to pull color from, even in the cold.
IMG 20240626 143620678

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
“She knows about all the bootleg snacks
Told me how hostess had a new cupcake coming out in 2025, spossed to be a baaad muthafucka!” 😂😂😂😂

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Just finished an h202 foliar because I'm paranoid about fungus now. There's some kind of incredibly vigorous Powdery mildew at my mom's and my friends place that is straight up vicious. It's attacking any species indiscriminately and causing leaf necrosis without wilt. Even the poison ivy. I haven't found any at my place and I'm gonna do my best to make sure I never do. Necrosis causing powdery mildew. No thank you.

I could not be happier with how my patch is turning out so far.

Some aphid scabs here and there. I'm just waiting and watching rn. Predators seem to be keeping them managed. There's dragonflies and mantisses everywhere. Lots of natural ladybugs too (next road over has several ponds) predators seem to be keeping them from exploding through the dry weather. Pretty stoked there. If there only noticable no more during dry spells, I'm doing real good pest wise.

Lots of natural legumes too.

This guy was about 5 foot off the ground on PB1. Not sure I've seen one that high up before. Little over achiever.
IMG 20240626 181327635
IMG 20240626 181353735

Last edited:
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

All new babies above soil now.
IMG 20240627 100056281

The black ice x sunset sherbet possible s1. She's a bit deformed off the gate lol
IMG 20240627 095803395

Might look like too much perlite. Isn't.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

It's gonna be cloudy all day. Means super photogenic plants 😍

Also I decided to spinosad the aphids before the get out of hand. They will eventually.

I've learned stuff though, which was the point of letting em go a bit.

Peaceblaster #1 and OJ x BB 2 and 3 are most bug sensitive of all of them. Peaceblaster #1 is actually the worst for bugs, little lame there. She's been my favorite from birth. They'll start to do actual damage if I let em go much longer.

Most the other plants have some aphid or mite presence but nothing substantial enough to injure the plant at all. Seem fairly pest resistant.

I can't find a single aphid scab or aphid on this Biggs pheno. No leaf holes, nothing. Very pest resistant plant.
IMG 20240627 140056145
IMG 20240627 140026494

Little ones getting not so little fast.
IMG 20240627 140124541
IMG 20240627 140107555

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Misty evening in the mountains. Makes for pretty pictures.

Theyve slowed a little finally. I couldnt help myself, i gave em some flora micro and kelp.
IMG 20240627 204405427 PORTRAIT
IMG 20240627 203638674 PORTRAIT
IMG 20240627 203200300 PORTRAIT
IMG 20240627 203105081 PORTRAIT
IMG 20240627 202550585
IMG 20240627 202606255
IMG 20240627 202627043

IMG 20240627 202801736
IMG 20240627 202752117
Last edited:
F

fishmon

I
Long time grower, getting back at it. Ill try to keep this short, i can be very long winded with text.

Around 20 or so years growing experience indoor and out both. Last several years i've been workking for NOAA/Nat'l weather service and just haven't had time for it. Had connections with many long time growers, and several commercial growers in the Kansas City area for a while.

Now im out in the sticks, and i have my own land to play around on. I had some really cool genetics in the fridge, and on a whim decided i might as well start a grow this season.

It's going to be a combination small indoor soil grow/outdoor/as i finish remodeling the basement ill be putting a 5x5, 4 bucket DWC grow together to transition to with my soil closet hosting soil bound clone mothers.

There will be some explanations on the genetics down below somewhere. My mix is 50/50ish coir/self made compost. No perlite locally so i didnt use any. This mix drains better and clumps less then you'd think looking at it though
3 Gobnugget fem self made

3 Peaceblaster Fem self made

2 Biggs ---- Fem self made

4 crazy old deadhead's sativa beans His buds were just big pointy christmas trees that tasted as good as pine-sol smells, in the best way possible that i know a lot of others miss too. The top most my seeds came from (about 50) weighed clos to 10g and it was absolutely connoisseur grade sativa goodness that's hard to find. Honestly im excited about these the most. Claims to have been running for 30+ years outdoor from a couple of original plants. One was supposedly the original jack herer, another was the original big bud. So his crazy old deadhead story goes anyway.

Got a couple weirdo trifoliates from the deadhead's beans, so i do believe him that his plants have been incbed for 30 years 🤣

View attachment 2154441
View attachment 2154442

Some rambling on the origins of the genetics.

The biggs and peaceblaster seeds are both about 5 years old (Also the most vigorous to start, but seed keep for a VERY long time in the cold) The gobnugget seeds are about 3 years old, untested seeds. fridge stored. The old deadhead's beans i obtained this last winter on a trip back to missouri.

Biggs= Bubba kush x gelato f1 regular cross. Pheno hunted for two very similar females. two small clones were grown in a small tent together, one was forced to hermaphrodite. The seeds im calling biggs are these seeds. Ive grown 3 of them and so far theyve been similar enough to not justify giving them numbers. If stressed can hermie. But just a few little bananas and a seed or two per. No full male flowers.

Gobnugget= thin mint cookies x male seedsman original afgani #1 F1 cross. Male selected....
GG4 clone x selected F1 male (it was selected for tight node spacing and rapid flower development, didnt translate as wished really.) Female selected
Selected female clone X Blue dream male. (I traded some female bubba x gelato pollen for this male pollen to another Missouri area cat) Female selected. Gobnugget is an accidental F1 feminized cross of this selected female and Biggs. Grew them together once and had a family emergency and no one to plant sit. Left town for about 4 days leaving lights off (for safety) in a DWC grow. Came back and finished up. The Biggs spit a few bananas. The selected female clone did not. Her seeds were kept and labeled "Gobnuggets?"

I will likely be numbering the Gobnugget females at some point until i chose one. I'll prob just call it gobnugget then. I have never grown these seeds before.

Peaceblaster
=

x forced hermaphrodite Columbian landrace sativa - F1 fem cross (Yup :blsmoke:....you can go back and look and let that one sink in for second. You can't have any. Sorry) The phenos ive run tended to test in the mid 20s

Ill be numbering these too. Ive done a couple of these, one was a heavily sativa dominant plant with hybrid vigor that would triple in size during flower, outyeild any of my indicas in grm/m3 metrics, be ready to pull in 55 days flat on a solid DWC run. It could do this in half the veg time of my Biggs while ending up twice the size and more then double the yield if you compared directly on a plant to plant basis.

Those old deadhead's beans= Is a non fem sativa cross that's supposed to be the original Jack Herrer x Original Big bud. Dude also, like many crazy old deadheads, has crazy old dead head stories. Said he's been running the same males and females for 30 years now and got both plants from a friend of Jack himself. The buds he shared were seriously massive, and seriously good. Had that sativa straight pine taste you just basically never find anymore. I got 2/4 trifoliates which is interesting, haven't had 50% trifoliates in any beans ive popped before, so i AM at least somewhat inclined to believe that wherever this seed stock originated, it's been inbred for several generations. So maybe it is an older genetic worth preserving or breeding??? I have pretty solid confirmation his claim of essentially inbreeding the same plants for 30 generations would play well with this % of likely inbred origin deformity. I have probably 50 more of these seeds too. More then ill ever need. The guy really just let his pollen chuck itself year after year never removing the males starting from just a couple plants if his story checks out. These seeds are very fresh. Big fat, very circular seeds with dark stripes, fridge stored

Im open to some genetic trading with anything but the Peaceblaster, i only have about 10 of those. Assuming im allowed to say that. I have a small handful of the columbian land race beans left too. But they are nearly 10 years old at this point and haven't spent the entire time in the fridge and i dont want to pop anything i dont want to grow.

Ill dig out and post up some pics of my past grows with these genetics when i feel like actually doing that, this post got way bigger then i wanted it to. I have pics somewhere of a monster DWC grow with the columbian land race that pulled about 2 pounds from a plant that was about 5' tall 6' wide because she wouldn't ever finish flowering lol. It was entirely by accident. Had to bust out an old 1kw HPS to finish her and still couldn't. She went in to flower like a foot tall next to 2 other plants in a 6x7 space.
I had a triple awhile back. Never seen it before. I thought it would straighten out after a few nodes but never did. Was a respectable yield though.

Top Bottom