Royal Queen Critical Feminized Photoperiod

• Thread starter Boke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

These seeds got caught and couldn’t right themselves. I should have opened up the pods a bit more and not pushed the seeds so far down. Not sure how I did that actually.
Oh, you opened the shell before planting them? I can see that happening then. I use to use a paper towel to open mine then plant.... I find it easier to just plant the seed and let it do it's thing.

Seeds are really delicate when opening I have read. Even the paper towel method can bring fibers in from the paper when planting. I did not want to chance damaging the plant so I chose this method. Usually fool proof, usually. 4 out of 5 sprouted germinating in the soil I could have gotten a bad seed but I will mark this up to beginner error.

deerman12

deerman12

I hope it turns out great for you. I had a freebie Critical I grew for a project. I farted around with it, repotted and finally scrogged it out. It looked good and had a decent high to it. The problem I had was it tasted like dirt!! It was probably my fault. I grew 3 different grows of autos that were very good. This was my Critical.
To be fair, I used a $60 spider farmer light on the critical the whole time.
IMG 0850
IMG 0851
IMG 0852

R

RGWD0202

That makes a difference? So there is a proper way to place the seed in the soil for germination?
How do you know which way is which? I cannot tell a top for a bottom on a seed. The too deep thing I can understand, I did not know they could be upside down or sideways.

I just make a little hole in the soil, put the seed in, cover and water extremely well. I cover for 24-48 hours and normally I see a sprout. I did have a couple that took an extra day. I believe the last one I planted I didn't cover and just put in the tent. That was the OG Kush they sent as my freebie. It sprouted no issues.
the flat part acts as a hinge and the sharper point opens and that’s where the tap root comes from. As it grows the stem comes up and brings the seed casing with it and uses the soil to shed the casing. Point should be sideways or pointed down, if it’s pointed up the root shoots up and then turns to go back down into the soil.

Boke

Boke

the flat part acts as a hinge and the sharper point opens and that’s where the tap root comes from. As it grows the stem comes up and brings the seed casing with it and uses the soil to shed the casing. Point should be sideways or pointed down, if it’s pointed up the root shoots up and then turns to go back down into the soil.
I started growing over 30 years ago, and I did not know this. How did I miss this vital piece of information?

I love gardening, learn something new every day.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Ok good to know. I just tossed them in the hole, covered and watered. Thanks👍

Boke

Boke

Morning Update

7 still struggling, 1 might be dead. 1 transplanted, and might still die.

2 enjoying the morning sun for an hour.

Hit them all with a bit of magic juice since I thought maybe they ran out of energy so highly diluted energy and rooting assistance.

We shall see.

IMG 5035
IMG 5034
Boke

Boke

My worst germination ever. 4/10. I blame myself. I will go to the paper towel and cup method now. On the other hand, I begin harvesting today and my germination failure highlights just how remarkable it is that we can get from seed to harvest. Never stop learning!

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Maybe they have a bad batch of critical. That was the only seed I purchased from them that didn't sprout. 🤔

Sunin

Sunin

don't you scare me. I just ordered there 😂

might be too wet under that dome and in those plugs. Lack of air movement is also a problem with long dome hold.
I remove dome after not even 24h and let them fend for themselves in tent.
but then again I grow in soil so seedlings are introduced to gentle dry cycle in first week of life lol makes them spread their roots like crazy and they catch the ground fast
putting seeds upside down have nothing to do with it but it might when moisture is too high as leg will be longer and more prone to damp & less stable

Boke

Boke

might be too wet under that dome and in those plugs. Lack of air movement is also a problem with long dome hold.
I remove dome after not even 24h and let them fend for themselves in tent.
but then again I grow in soil so seedlings are introduced to gentle dry cycle in first week of life lol makes them spread their roots like crazy and they catch the ground fast
putting seeds upside down have nothing to do with it but it might when moisture is too high as leg will be longer and more prone to damp & less stable
I don’t know - never had this problem like this before. I’m germinating some more so I can fill the tent. I grow in soil too and usually just do closeting what you described above. This is the biggest failure I’ve had germinating.

Sunin

Sunin

I don’t know - never had this problem like this before. I’m germinating some more so I can fill the tent. I grow in soil too and usually just do closeting what you described above. This is the biggest failure I’ve had germinating.

happens to every grower sometimes so cheer up ❤️

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

I toss mine right into the soil and water heavy. Ok, not literally toss... I make a small hole, place seed in hole, cover, water. Just do not plant too deep.

Cover for 24-48 hours. My 1st two seeds I used a seed warming mat, I didn't on the 2nd 3rd and 4th. I don't have any issues with this method. The seed germinates where it needs to be so no stress on it when it's in it's most fragile stage getting it into soil.

Sorry.... wasn't trying to scare you but I purchased 4 different strains, single seeds. They sent one free for a total of 5 seeds. All of the seeds sprouted except the critical. Boke sprouted 4 out of 10 all critical. Human error can be a factor of course. And there could be an issue with the seeds themselves.

I reported my issue to RQS, their customer service is good. A little slow but good. If you are having issues, make sure you find the seed you had issue with and photo it. They will require a photo of the seed.

Report your issue, if enough report the problem maybe there will look into it. Maybe not. 😁

Sunin

Sunin

I reported my issue to RQS, their customer service is good. A little slow but good. If you are having issues, make sure you find the seed you had issue with and photo it. They will require a photo of the seed.

Report your issue, if enough report the problem maybe there will look into it. Maybe not. 😁

wish that happened with Barneys as they send me 6 instead of 10 seeds in almost 3 weeks, answered on my email two weeks after and told me at the end to f&% off basically. They just lost customer lol
same with AC Infinity CloudForge T3- have no reply on my emails from their main representative and authorised dealer in Europe for over a month now and broken unit in the closet 😏 and that made me look in different places for light and resign from ionframe at all. Afterservice is important- even for small customers

Latest posts

Top Bottom