• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Beautiful plants 😍

Thanks for the pics on the bending. For some reason I was imagining having to bend the whole plant from lower down 😅 but now you’ve done that it makes perfect sense.

When a plant gets that tall indoors do you ever need supplemental lighting down low? Or do the lower buds do ok as is?
I find they do pretty well, as long as you can keep some distance from the tops and keep enough power on them the light penetration is better with the lights at a farther distance than being too close also allows more reflection from the tent walls and floor to the lowers

And if you can see the ruler I was at 63” pre wiring and wen down to near 55” after so I gained near 8” of distance from the lights not to mention raising the lights as well

Yea you can bend them lower but at this point the mains are so stiff they’d snap, the knuckles on the topping points below are literally bigger than the knuckles on my hands, the me thing I did find is you want to be super careful when you start LST’ing topped plants, they love to split at the crotch of the topping, sometimes I’ll run a single wire between both of them but when I do that it spreads them lower on the nodes putting more pressure on the knuckle, if you do it this way it leaves no stress on the knuckle, but doing them as a single provide more support later, if you want to do that I suggest making a double looped piece of wire and securing the 2 nodes together about 2-3” above the knuckle that way the support comes form the wire and resists splitting the knuckle in half

And thank you! These plants are making me very happy they are coming along great, just about blemish free leaves minus where a few that were ups giant the walls of the 4x4 in veg for that extra month 🤣 but I’ll leave them on for now it’s just a Few browned leaf edges down lower can barely find them in these canopies lol

SpursGrower

SpursGrower

Love it, thanks.

Are those frostettes particularly big plants or do most get to that size even when topped? I’m just trying to get some ideas together for my first photo grow.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Love it, thanks.

Are those frostettes particularly big plants or do most get to that size even when topped? I’m just trying to get some ideas together for my first photo grow.
It’s mostly dependent on indica / sativa lineage but at the end of the day. It all comes down to how long you veg them, these seeds hit the soil on 4/1 and were up potted on 6/16 and flipped to 12/12 topping will help keep them shorter but will get wider, another issue if you’re running in a small tent they’ll get mashed together and impede airflow and increase your chandlers of mold and diseases forming and transferring to eachother

Learning When to flip will be your biggest challenge to conquer, you always wanna go bigger but gotta remember that stretch, I know these frostettes like to stretch approx 18-20”, other strains I’ve grown have gone from half that to about the same

I also find the longer a plant vegges and the more mature it gets before flipping the less it stretches (not a ton less but about 1/4 less stretch)

Below you can see how they looked on flip day, they were at 48” 16 days later I hit 63” and still stretching, which is why I bent the tops, stretch is about done but I wanted to get some distance from the tops before the mains finished stiffening up I preparation for heavy buds

IMG 5614
SpursGrower

SpursGrower

It’s mostly dependent on indica / sativa lineage but at the end of the day. It all comes down to how long you veg them, these seeds hit the soil on 4/1 and were up potted on 6/16 and flipped to 12/12 topping will help keep them shorter but will get wider, another issue if you’re running in a small tent they’ll get mashed together and impede airflow and increase your chandlers of mold and diseases forming and transferring to eachother

Learning When to flip will be your biggest challenge to conquer, you always wanna go bigger but gotta remember that stretch, I know these frostettes like to stretch approx 18-20”, other strains I’ve grown have gone from half that to about the same

I also find the longer a plant vegges and the more mature it gets before flipping the less it stretches (not a ton less but about 1/4 less stretch)

Below you can see how they looked on flip day, they were at 48” 16 days later I hit 63” and still stretching, which is why I bent the tops, stretch is about done but I wanted to get some distance from the tops before the mains finished stiffening up I preparation for heavy buds
Thanks 👍 I will have about 3x3x6.5ft so will just do the 1 (not sure on strain)

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Yeah a 3x3 I’d do a single plant, you should no problem being wall to wall, you can easily run 4 in it with a quicker flip, i believe @SchwiftyGrower uses a 3x3 with a viparspectra KS3000if I’m not mistaken, and schwifty does some immaculate grows
Awe shucks you’re making me blush! 😂

@SpursGrower options are pretty broad in a 3x3. Really depends on your veg time like Mike said. I usually go for 4 plants in 3 gallon pots, and veg for 30-40 days. Trellis nets help a lot, and if you get more comfortable you can help manage vertical space by ScroG. This run I’m doing 15 directly from clone and flipping after 15 days of veg. Let’s see how overgrown it’ll become muahhahaha

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Awe shucks you’re making me blush! 😂

@SpursGrower options are pretty broad in a 3x3. Really depends on your veg time like Mike said. I usually go for 4 plants in 3 gallon pots, and veg for 30-40 days. Trellis nets help a lot, and if you get more comfortable you can help manage vertical space by ScroG. This run I’m doing 15 directly from clone and flipping after 15 days of veg. Let’s see how overgrown it’ll become muahhahaha
Anytime fam your runs are always clean and done right!

Top Bottom