Need advice on what this leaf could be trying to tell me

• Thread starter Beezey420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beezey420

Hi all,

Totally new to this and giving my first grow a go. Cream mandarin plant a bit worried about the discolouration on this leaf the.

Any thoughts on if it needs attention or am I just over worrying?

Many thanks in advance for your advice ❤️💪👊

Need advice on what this leaf could be trying to tell me
Need advice on what this leaf could be trying to tell me 2
PianoStan

PianoStan

I'm no expert, but it bears watching at the least. The yellowing could be a few different things, but it is mild, so it could be transient as well. If it gets worse, then something for sure needs to be done.

But I don't know your light height, intensity, watering schedule, or nutrient usage, but it's likely some combination of those things at the heart of it.

B

Beezey420

I'm no expert, but it bears watching at the least. The yellowing could be a few different things, but it is mild, so it could be transient as well. If it gets worse, then something for sure needs to be done.

But I don't know your light height, intensity, watering schedule, or nutrient usage, but it's likely some combination of those things at the heart of it.
Thanks, light is 18/6 and led 200w equivalent about 12 inches from plant water every three days with tap and bio-grow and bio-bloom using a 2ml mix of each in about a litre of water.

Potted in potting mix and coco 🙏👍❤️

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Back the light off to 24 inches above the canopy. And your all good.
Light is just a little close.

PianoStan

PianoStan

Thanks, light is 18/6 and led 200w equivalent about 12 inches from plant water every three days with tap and bio-grow and bio-bloom using a 2ml mix of each in about a litre of water.

Potted in potting mix and coco 🙏👍❤️
Did you mix any mycorrhizal into the potting mix and coco?
If not, the coco might pull some of the nutrients away from soil denying them to the young plant. If adjusting the light doesn't fix things, you might need to adjust your nutrients SLIGHTLY to account for the coco wicking some away. Just a guess though.

Just don't panic. That is what commonly gets new growers. And only adjust one parameter at a time. That way, when you do find the issue, you can identify it easier.

B

Beezey420

Did you mix any mycorrhizal into the potting mix and coco?
If not, the coco might pull some of the nutrients away from soil denying them to the young plant. If adjusting the light doesn't fix things, you might need to adjust your nutrients SLIGHTLY to account for the coco wicking some away. Just a guess though.

Just don't panic. That is what commonly gets new growers. And only adjust one parameter at a time. That way, when you do find the issue, you can identify it easier.
Sound advice thank you mate ❤️💪

BB22

BB22

I wondered that is it mites do you think?

I don’t know what kind they are.

I removed them by wiping with my fingers. Look under the leaves for eggs.

I put DE on dry soil.

ISO water mix on the leaves , not the medium before lights out worked for me.

Good luck ✌️

Latest posts

Top Bottom