Orcas' Logs

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grower4life

grower4life

Happy Monday and a good Halloween week to all , Finally supposed to freeze tonight here in Denver. Did a basic final outside harvest of our veggies over the weekend. Hello ClassV, Thank You very much for the kind words. It means a lot!
I do need to make a correction. I just noticed that I said the MyC02 box was good for six months. I meant to say sixty days for $30.00. Speaking of that I need to note that we are already on day 46 of 60 on the C02 generator box. Time to order another.
Here are the girls. I took these shots yesterday wanting to update but ran out of time. This morning was there every 4 day feeding. Plus today was also there every 12 day SubCultures dose. Lets start with our OG#18. She has already doubled her height in a week. Took another cutting of her a couple days back because the cutting we had is just not doing well. Too good of a plant to lose!
View attachment 453370
View attachment 453371

Second is or Diesel Paki Mix, Two weeks in bloom and very healthy.
View attachment 453372
View attachment 453373
View attachment 453374

Third is our AK landrace by World of Seeds three weeks bloom. We purchased this five years ago and want to note that this current plant would be a perfect breeder based on all aspects but I love her just as she is. Wild, Bushy, Sticky, and bubblegum smell!:)
View attachment 453376
View attachment 453377
View attachment 453378
View attachment 453379

And to finish again this week the two high CBD girls. Have to say after a small taste test by dehydration. Both are interesting. First I have to say the Utopia Dreams is fun. A very sour but fun flavor, and great high. The Critical Cure has a fruity flavor, and a very slow developing high. We bought these two strains based on using more medicinal then rec.
Here is Utopia dreams. I have to say this girl rocks. I love the sour taste and killer buzz! Will continue growing her for now. And note she will be topped ongoing. Taking her in few more days.
View attachment 453383
View attachment 453389
View attachment 453390
View attachment 453391
View attachment 453392
And last is the Critical Cure. Developing an amazing glow. Close to taking her too.
View attachment 453394
View attachment 453395
View attachment 453396
View attachment 453397
May it be a spooky week for All!:)

What up @Orcaman, I c u have 2 CBD strains , what r they? I've got some CBD strains im working through rite now hoping to find a gem.

Orcaman

Orcaman

I wanna DO IT To those girls!
I would love to watch you DO IT to my girls. Wax that is!:) Love your skills brother.

What up @Orcaman, I c u have 2 CBD strains , what r they? I've got some CBD strains im working through rite now hoping to find a gem.
Pleasure to meet grower4life. We have the two high CBD strains. They are Barney Farm Critical Cure, Critical Kush by CBD Mother, 5.5% THC, 8.3% CBD. I really love this strain and current plant. A great tasting and very nice daytime buzz. The other is Utopia Dreams, Northern Lights by Great White Shark by Frost Wreck. 23% THC, 5.0% CBD. We are not real happy with this current plant and want start another seed in the future. Both are Fem seeds.

Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I would love to watch you DO IT to my girls. Wax that is!:) Love your skills brother.

Pleasure to meet grower4life. We have the two high CBD strains. They are Barney Farm Critical Cure, Critical Kush by CBD Mother, 5.5% THC, 8.3% CBD. I really love this strain and current plant. A great tasting and very nice daytime buzz. The other is Utopia Dreams, Northern Lights by Great White Shark by Frost Wreck. 23% THC, 5.0% CBD. We are not real happy with this current plant and want start another seed in the future. Both are Fem seeds.

Well thank ya kind sir!! Stay tuned today Im running 3 Batches of Deathstar 2 batches of Qrazy train and a batch of Blue Cheese :D All will be posted in the concentrate thread ;)

Orcaman

Orcaman

Good Tuesday all, Updating a couple days late this week. Lots of work these days.:) Lets get to it. First are the three new fem babes.
Trio

Next is our Blue Tara. Right at 45 days old and just sexing. Pretty sure this is a girl.
Tara 1

A lot different leaf structure compared to past plants. Shorter and fatter.
Tara 2

Here are the four in bloom. Thinned them all five days back. First is Kings Blood Three weeks 12's.
KB 1

Check out the trunk on this girl. She is only two feet tall.
KB 2

Here are the two CBD girls. Left is Utopia Dreams, right is Critical Cure. We are not continuing this UD but will keep CC going.
CBDS

Another monster trunk on this Utopia plant.
CBDS 2 2

UD bud shot.
CBDS  3

And the Cure shot. I love this plant!:)
CBDS 4

Last is my pride and joy. Here is OG#18 eights weeks 12's. She is on flush now. I think this will be her last week.
18 1

18 2

18 3

18 4

Cheers Everyone!

Orcaman

Orcaman

ClassV, Gosh you have me blushing with the word Easy. I wish it was easy. With our feeding system using the General Organics line every four days plus the Mad Farmer Be One, and Subcultures every twelve days in a perpetual grow I usually have three to four different feedings based on their stage of growth. A good hour to drain to waste all the plants in feeding even with this small grow. The rest is just TLC!:)
A shot of my nutes.
Mix

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey orca man i see at the start of this thread your a big fan of the kings blood(mendo purps x jaffa cake)is that the kingsblood you speak of?
Thanks for stopping in happy b, The answer is yes. Immortal Flower (aka) Supernateral is the breeder. We acquired Kings Blood as a freebie when we bought his Grapehead a few years back. He was going to put KB on the market and never did. He only has a couple of strains for sale currently at the Zon.

H

happy b

Yes thats exactly what i was going to say.how foolish of me to think you may not know.lol.theyr very reasonably priced too.nice work on the blue tara how does she go?iv got the sister strain sunshine daydream on the go still in veg.i also started a bodhi thread the other day.they have one on rui but...well this is my home and i feel more comfortable with the cats here.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Happy Christmas Eve everyone, Updating late this week. Finally winding down for Christmas. I would of updated Sunday but was playing for the championship in my fantasy football league. It wasn't pretty but I won.:)
Yes thats exactly what i was going to say.how foolish of me to think you may not know.lol.theyr very reasonably priced too.nice work on the blue tara how does she go?iv got the sister strain sunshine daydream on the go still in veg.i also started a bodhi thread the other day.they have one on rui but...well this is my home and i feel more comfortable with the cats here.
Hey happy b, Blue Tara is our only Bodhi strain at this time. We grew out two females some time back and they were very nice. We figure there is a better yielder then the two so far. Unfortunately our current BT is looking to be a male. I'm giving it a little more time to make the wife happy. That Sunshine Daydream is also a nice looking mix. I'll have to check out your thread.
Just a couple of pictures in till this weekend. The little ones are doing very well. Just a little behind perpetually. None of the veg girls are ready to move into 12's for at least two more weeks.
Nursery

Here is the bloom area. As I noted to happy b, Blue Tara the bottom left in the picture is looking very male. I'll be taking him out in a few more days after a little more development. The wife needs total proof.:) I also added a second MyCO2 box to help air quality for the plants.
Bloom

And to finish a fun shot of Critical Cure. A keeper for sure.
Bud

A Christmas Toast to All, Cheers!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Good Sunday farmers, Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Lucky enough to get snow here in Denver on Christmas night. The wife fixed me up with a new gardening tool being a digital soil PH pen. My current method is pretty crude. A shot of old and new.:)
PH

Just waiting on calibration and storage solutions before I start using. I think my plants are really in need of perfect PH levels they are lacking at this time just being in the ballpark.

I need to make notes on some of my young ones. First are my re veg cuttings of our OG18. I took these back on November 18. Finally this last week one of the cuttings swelled its stalk. Now I should see some top growth. I hope! Plus we did have OG18 to smoke for Christmas as planned.:)

Next are the three fem mixes that I started. First is Purple by AK by Yumbolt.
PAKY

Next is Acapulco Gold by Skunk11. Nice and perky!
AGSK11

Last is Red Dragon by Northern Lights by Big Bud. I really like the branching on this plant. Getting some leaf roll. I think a PH issue.
RDNLBB

To finish up here are two of the three in bloom. Here is Critical Cure right at 40 days. Thinned and clipped unwanted fan leaves yesterday.
CC 1

CC 2

This shot has an unwanted hair. But it's not there now!:)
CC 3

Last is our Kings Blood. Just at 30 days 12's. Getting nice and sticky. My perfect girl! This plant does everything right.
KB 1

KB 2

KB 3

Cheers!

SpiderK

SpiderK

Looking good orca, glad you had snow on Christmas unfortunately we did not ..... but im sure we will have a foot mid-march lol .....

Do some test with different ph but I've done them in my area soil & cooked up organics but I like 6.7ph ..... but really they look good man, nice work.. I give them a little fresh air ( 35Âş today )and sun also but not sure if your around them that much for doing that. I try doing it at the same time every day around noon, even if its only a couple hours they love it ....

how many fans do you have blowing on them ? do they get fresh air ?

H

happy b

Nice work orcaman,I really like the wide branching pattern on the kings blood or are the branches tied down?either way...nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orcaman

Orcaman

Looking good orca, glad you had snow on Christmas unfortunately we did not ..... but im sure we will have a foot mid-march lol .....

Do some test with different ph but I've done them in my area soil & cooked up organics but I like 6.7ph ..... but really they look good man, nice work.. I give them a little fresh air ( 35Âş today )and sun also but not sure if your around them that much for doing that. I try doing it at the same time every day around noon, even if its only a couple hours they love it ....

how many fans do you have blowing on them ? do they get fresh air ?
Hey SpiderK, Glad you stopped in. I like your taking the plants outside but I can't do that here. I've noted our bloom area is now in the cellar. I have one oscillating fan running all the time. The only fresh air is what I can move through the stairwell. The MyC02 generators are really helping. All I can do in this rental for now. Happy New year my friend!

Nice work orcaman,I really like the wide branching pattern on the kings blood or are the branches tied down?either way...nice.
This plant does have great stature. She was not tied down but this cutting when it first started growing did this self LST. It really beefed her up. Happy New Year as well happy b!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Happy January everyone and a good Monday, Glad to get back in the work mode after the holidays. Finally calibrated my new soil PH pen yesterday. Now I can start logging PH levels on every plant. Plus I have to lower the PH in my water and can be more precise for now on. My only compliant so far on the Bluelab pen is it does not come with a starter kit to get you going. I had to separately buy the storage solution and calibration solutions just to get going. It would not calibrate in till I replaced the storage solution it came in.

Yesterday was feeding plus I moved one girl into 12's. Here are my three Fems. First is Purple by AK by Yumbolt. Her leaves are developing a purple hue on the tips. The picture doesn't show it very well.
PAKY

Here is Acapulco Gold by Skunk#11 . I love the leaf structure on this girl. Some nice branching too! She is holding in veg for at least another week.
AGSK11

AGSK11 2

AGSK11 3

Here is the girl that move into 12's. Red Dragon by Northern Lights by Big Bud. Put her in a rose bucket yesterday. Topped her a couple days back. Just looking great!
RDNLBB 1

RDNLBB 2

And to finish just a couple bud shots of the other two bloomers. Critical Cure 50 days yesterday. Started her flush.
CC 1

CC 2

Kings Blood right at 35 days.
KB

Cheers!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Here to note an important find two days back. Finally got to use my new soil PH pen on the girls and found out why they have been so unhappy. I have been using to much PH down and dropped the soil PH down to 4.8. I can't believe how acidic it has been. To help them out I made up a five gallon bucket of water adding a touch of baking soda giving them a flush of 7.8 water. After a day they were ranging from 5.5 to 5.8. No more fried plants around here! Nice to have real numbers now.:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom