Orcas' Logs

• Thread starter Orcaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
An interesting mix. The Vermifire is very similar to Ocean Forest. Do you feed on top of your mix? Using the General Organics complete line to feed, I like a more zero mix. When I was using Ocean Forest I would amend with Ancient Forest 1 to 1. Plus add right at 10 cups each Perlite and Vermiculite. But still not totally happy. Right now renting I want simple and a reasonable cost. This VermiSoil is already helping out my fried AK. And just $14.00 a bag. Great information!:)
Yes I do feed. I use the Heavy16 line of nutes. With GO Cal-mag, greatwhite, rock Resin8tor, and high brix molasses As additives. The soil recipe is a 1/4 strength version of what I used when I was full organic soil ,add water only grower.
Peace

Orcaman

Orcaman

Yes I do feed. I use the Heavy16 line of nutes. With GO Cal-mag, greatwhite, rock Resin8tor, and high brix molasses As additives. The soil recipe is a 1/4 strength version of what I used when I was full organic soil ,add water only grower.
Peace
I like your heavey16 nutes after going to there site. My next step is a PPM meter to track those numbers.
Thanx

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I like your heavey16 nutes after going to there site. My next step is a PPM meter to track those numbers.
Thanx
I get crazy looks from other gardeners, but knowing that my soil is equipped to deal with PH swings, I stopped testing pH many moons ago.
Also, The owner of Heavy16 , said out of his own mouth that if I use RO water and follow the feeding chart , pHing H16 is not necessary.
The only thing I pH is when adding hibrix molasses at day 21 and day 45 of flower(@20ml/gal), to keep it from being to acidic.
But I think a ppm meter could be fun.

Orcaman

Orcaman

A good snowy Sunday morning everyone, Just finished shoveling outside. A nice 14 inches where I live in Denver Co. Doing the weekly update on the garden. This morning was also feeding for all of the plants making it nice to get some pictures. Here they are.
Starting with our Kings Blood. She was up potted yesterday morning and her first day in 12's. Plus took two cuttings. This is going to be our last plant moved into bloom in till we renegotiate our lease. She should finish late April. I vegged this girl out nicely. Looking for a good yield before the break. I love this plant because she never gets too tall.
Kb 1

Kb 2

Next is our Purple by AK by Yumbolt. Day 27 and starting some nice trich activity. A very dense girl at her size of 18 inches tall.
Paky 1

Paky 2

Paky 3

Here is Critical Cure 29 days bloom. She is wider then tall, and just fits through a doorway. What a difference from the last run. Staying very healthy this time.
Cc 1

Cc 2

Cc 3

Next is our Landrace AK 35 days in. She is now maintaining a proper PH and recovering nicely after transplanting into the new soil from the fry. Just a few more damaged leaves to remove. This is another girl that stays small and needs a lot of veg time to yield well. I pushed her in a little to soon.
Ak 1

Ak 2

Ak 3

The next beauty is our Acapulco Gold by Skunk#11 day 45 bloom. I want to say right now that this is a keeper! Her smell now is of aged turpentine. Plus an amazing stature for a first run.
Agsk 1

Agsk 2

Agsk 3

Agsk 4

And to finish is our Red Dragon by Northern Lights by Big Bud day 48. She started to show yellowing and went into water only to finish. Really filling in!
Rdnlbb 1

Rdnlbb 2

Rdnlbb 3

Rdnlbb 4

Cheers!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Another note wanting to share. These MyC02 boxes really work. Check out the oyster mushrooms in this latest box I have going in the bloom area
Co2
Here is a little more info from the distributor.

Highest CO2 output of any CO2 bag on the market
Always Fresher than Exhale, EZCO2, and other factory activated bags
MyCO2 Bloom is CUSTOMER ACTIVATED with Rapid CO2 generating Oyster Mushroom Mycelium

One bag per box of Fruits Edible Oyster Mushrooms
Brief Description:
* One CO2 bag provides enough carbon dioxide for flowering plants in a 4ft x 4ft grow tent with cycled exhaust. Used during the Flower stage. We recommend safely placing multiple MyCO2 generators above the highest level of your plants to insure they receive the CO2 as it is generated.
Unlike all the other CO2 bags that "come cultivating CO2 even before you get out of the checkout line," MyCO2 has the patent pending customer activation technology, postponing the CO2 cultivation until you get it home and are ready to use it.
Every MyCO2 comes with a safety hanger / light shielding boxes which increase efficiency and prolongs the CO2 output of the product.

Every MyCO2 has a true shelf life of 60 days and are 100% END USER ACTIVATED!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Well, Decided to plant a couple of seeds today wanting a little more variety. Plus replaced the white rice in the seed storage jar we keep in the fridge. I found that rice will absorb unwanted moister and needs to be replaced yearly. trying anther CherryFuel by SinCity. We have finished out three different females never to get a Cherry pheno. Lets try again!:) Here is her information.

Sin City Seeds - CherryFuel
The name says it all! We took our most fuely kush mother and crossed her to a cherry tart candy male. Expect long lasting flavors with potency and yield to match! Our CherryFuel is not to be taken lightly, she produces extremely potent fruity nugs and is a very good choice for any serious gardener!

Lineage: Petrol X Buddha's Sister
40% Sativa / 60% Indica
Flowering Time: 63-70 days
Yield: Yields are average to above average

Flavor And Smell : The flavor and smell on this cross is pure cherry candy with hints of fuel
Tips And Tricks : This is a great easy to grow strain but added odor control is needed

Strain Lineage / Genealogy
The other seed planted is Higgs Boson from Goldenseed. I have only finished one female out so far. Going for a second. Here is the only information on this strain.
Flowering: 50 days
Yield: 1-2lbs per 1000W lamp Higgs Boson is the holy grail of the cannabis strains. Resembling the high and the taste of a sweet landrace sativa, which normally takes half a year to flower. But the Higgs Boson flowers in 7 - 8 weeks. Heavily branched and short in stature this plant has an outrageous resin production.

The high of this strain is very clear, energetic and devastatingly psychoactive. Above-average yields of crystal covered buds with tropical fruit aromas.

On top of that the buds are quite sugared. This new batch is a cross of two exceptional basic pheno types, the Grapefruit and the Pineapple. Both derived from the original Brothers Grimm C99. It matures in 4 weeks from seed, which is much faster than the original C99 (6 - 8 weeks)
One not to miss!

The elusive herb we've all been searching for has been discovered in a garden shed!
Finishing at 18 inches, with buds the size of baseballs, this 80% indica will have you entranced from the get go.
Hugely powerful, with a rich fruity aroma and flavor, the buds bristle with trichomes,
like a white fur coat that darkens through amber to red, then finally purple as they reach their peak and all the shade leaves drop,
eliminating the need for trimming. It's sure to prove a favorite in your garden,
and with a thc content of 27%.
Hope they are girls!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Here to note after 48 hours the newbie regs are both up. Here is the CherryFuel. A very green stem to start with.
Cf

Here is the Higgs Boson, A very dark stem, and already first leaves.
Hb

Now they just need to be girls!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Here to note after 48 hours the newbie regs are both up. Here is the CherryFuel. A very green stem to start with.
View attachment 489787
Here is the Higgs Boson, A very dark stem, and already first leaves.
View attachment 489788
Now they just need to be girls!
I have my hours off. I meant 96 hours. I hate when I count days by 12. Also bad note to add. I don't think the CF seedling is going to make it. This morning I discovered mold growth on her. We will see how the day goes. I have never had a sprout survive with mold growth.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Great thread, Orca. I'm impressed with the care and attention to detail. Wish I was that disciplined!
Hey ClassV, Glad you dropped in. Me and the wife just love growing and tracking every aspect we can. She keeps me in tune with the garden. You have a nice clean set up and love all your work as well.
Here is picture just taken of the dying CherryFuel sprout. I'm going to plant another tomorrow.
Cf

The Higgs Boson is doing great!
Hb

Last edited:
Orcaman

Orcaman

This morning was another harvest day. Cut our Red Dragon by Northern Lights by Big Bud at 54 days. She really finished out this last week. Besides a nice yellowing her smell has really sweetened up. Very similar to the Red Dragon mother we grew out at least five times. The Northern Lights by big Bud Fem pollen was from a first run herm. This is a perfect example showing herm pollen can be stable. Just a lucky seed pick from the batch. Here is the information that made me a believer and a great method to make your own fem seeds.

Grow
RODELIZATION: SOMA'S WAY TO FEMALE SEEDS
Here’s an easy, environmentally friendly method for breeding feminized seeds.
by SOMA

Wed, Jul 30, 2003 12:00 am
more: grow articles, soma, breeding, seed company, strains
Story by Soma Creating feminized cannabis seeds is an art. Just like art, there are a few different methods of application. I have written about some of my different methods of making seeds in previous HIGH TIMES articles. I have used gibberellic acid, pH stress, light stress, and fertilizer stress to force my female plants to make seeds. All of these methods are harsh on the plants, and some, like the gibberellic acid, are not organic. In my search for cleaner, more earth-friendly ways of working with the cannabis plant, I have found a new way to make feminized seeds. Feminized seeds occur as a result of stress, rather than genetics. All cannabis plants can and will make male flowers under stress. Certain strains like a higher pH, some a lower one. Some like a lot of food, some like much less. There is quite a lot of variety in marijuana genetics, and you can’t treat every plant the same way.

It takes many harvests before you really get to know a particular strain. Just like getting to know human friends, it takes time. I have grown the same strains for close to a decade, and am truly getting to know every nuance the different plants exhibit. I can recognize them from a distance. I must say that I get a lot of help from my friends, both in making seeds and in learning new and better ways of working with this sacred plant.

I named this new method "Rodelization," after a friend who helped me realize and make use of this way of creating female seeds. After growing crop after crop of the same plants in the same conditions, I noticed that if I flowered the plants 10-14 days longer than usual, they would develop male "bananas." A male banana is a very slight male flower on a female marijuana plant that is formed because of stress. Usually they do not let out any pollen early enough to make seeds, but they sometimes do. They are a built-in safety factor so that in case of severe conditions, the plant can make sure the species is furthered.

To me, a male banana is quite a beautiful thing. It has the potential of making all female seeds. Many growers out there have male-banana phobia. They see one and have heart palpitations, they want to cut down the entire crop, or at the very least take tweezers and pluck the little yellow emergency devices out. I call them "emergency devices" because they emerge at times of stress.

In the Rodelization method, the male banana is very valuable. After growing your female plants 10-14 days longer than usual, hang them up to dry, then carefully take them off the drying lines and inspect for bananas. Each and every banana should be removed, and placed in a small bag labeled very accurately. These sealed bags can be placed in the fridge for one or two months and still remain potent.

For the next phase, you need to have a separate crop that’s already 2 1/2 weeks into flowering. Take your sealed bags of pollen out of the fridge, and proceed to impregnate your new crop of females. To do this, you must first match the female plant and the pollen from the same strain in the previous crop. Shut all the fans in the growroom down. Then take a very fine paintbrush, dip it in the bag of pollen, and paint it on the female flower. Do this to each different strain you have growing together. I have done it with up to 10 different kinds in the same room with great success.

I use the lower flowers to make seeds, leaving the top colas seedless for smoking. This method takes time (two crops), but is completely organic, and lets you have great-quality smoke at the same time you make your female seeds. If you’re one of those growers who’s never grown seeds for fear of not having something good to smoke, you will love this method.

You can also use this pollen to make new female crosses by cross-pollinating. The older females with the male bananas can be brought into the room with the younger, unpollinated females after they are three weeks into flowering. Turn all of the circulation fans on high, and the little bits of pollen will proceed to make it around the room. Do this for several days. Six to seven weeks later, you will have ripe 100% feminized seeds; not nearly as many as a male plant would make, but enough to start over somewhere else with the same genetics.

As a farmer who has been forced to move his genetics far away from where they started, I know very well the value of seeds. My friend Adam from ThSeeds in Amsterdam has a motto that I love to borrow these days: Drop seeds not bombs.

Back to the harvest with some shots.
Rdnlbb 1

Rdnlbb 2

Rdnlbb 3

Rdnlbb 4

Rdnlbb 6

Wanted to show this girl is hollow stemmed and still very strong. She did not need staking.
Rdnlbb 7

Rdnlbb 8
Dry Time!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Good Sunday everyone, Updating my weekly logs. I have worked hard getting these girls back in tune and it has really paid off. I want to note after having a nasty virus this last month I have been taking capsules of healing oil this last week and has really helped fight it. I'm a cancer survivor of three years now after healing a testicular melanoma using the Rick Simpson method of making and using distilled oil. We are also currently using healing oil to remove skin tumors on our Bernese dog with great success. This plant has saved my life!
Here is the garden this week starting with a shot of the Veg area. All doing well. Plus I did plant another CherryFuel seed after losing the molded sprout.
Veg

First of the bloom girls is our Kings Blood one week in 12's. I only topped this cutting once and look at all the sites. She is just an amazing girl in all aspects.
Kb 1

Kb 2

Next is our Purple by AK by Yumbolt 34 days in. She is starting to smell of her Purple trait. Plus I am loving how she is coloring in her main leaf veins. Time to thin her some.
Paky 1

Paky 2

Paky 3

Next is our third run of Critical Cure at 37 days. She is also showing me that she wants some fan leaves removed. Tomorrow is feeding and will tend them then.
Cc 1
Cc 2

Cc 3

Here is our little Landrace AK 42 days in 12's. I think doing very well now after her acid fry. She is all bud!
Ak 1

Ak 2

Ak 3

And to finish here is our Acapulco Gold by Skunk#11 at 52 days bloom. The structure on this girl is amazing in my book for a first run. She in going to flush tomorrow in feeding day for everyone. Can't wait to taste this girl based on her smell.
Agsk 1

Agsk 2

Agsk 3

Agsk 4

Agsk 5

Here is there happy home in the cellar!
Bloom

Orcaman

Orcaman

A good midweek to all, As I have noted we want a month off of bloom starting in May. Completely dismanteling. After finishing our Red Dragon By Northern Lights by Big Bud just over fifty days we have decided to finish out her first cutting also. I need to note that I jarred up her first harvest this morning and is very nice. A light mango smell by pine accents with a similar taste and good lung expansion. A very nice daytime energetic high.
Here is the cutting after up potting. I topped her a few days back and then she took off. She has already developed great alternation one node in.
Rdnlbb 1

Rdnlbb 2

I also have a great cutting of our Acapulco Gold By Skunk#11. I'm finding she is a 60 plus day girl and will take her down for now with two new cuttings for later. This is one awesome girl.
Agsk 1

Agsk 2

Orcaman

Orcaman

Here to note while feeding this morning discovered that our Purple by AK by Yumbolt went Herm at 41 days. I tried her two years back and also Hermied right about time same time in bloom. This strain just is not stable. I'm still very happy with my other two Fem mixes being stable. Not bad, Two out of three. I'm going to dry her for my upcoming batch of bubble hash.
Paky

Orcaman

Orcaman

Happy Saturday everyone, Updating today having a long work day tomorrow. First I want to note that the second Cherry Fuel seed was a dud after losing this last sprout to mold. I have gone through 10 of 15 seeds now with still no cherry:(. Moving forward, Here is our new Higgs Boson sprout doing well.
Hb
Here are the current bloom girls. First is our second run of Red Dragon by Northern Lights by Big Bud three days in. Her maturity in this run will tell the truth about her nature. I will say Fem's do need more attention. Just glad they don't need two plus hours every morning for makeup!:)
Rdnlbb 1

Rdnlbb 2
Second is our Kings Blood, Just looking amazing 14 days in. I hope I never lose this girl!
Kb 1

Kb 2

Next is our Critical Cure, This girl is so much happier then the last. She is 43 days in now and think is looking at least 70 days.
Cc 1

Cc 2

Cc 3
Here is our Landrace AK 48 days in, After removing all the damaged leaves a few days back she is thriving for her small size. Something I learned with this plant is think in size when feeding.
Ak 1

Ak 2

Ak 3

And to finish, Here is out Acapulco Gold by Skunk#11 at 58 days. This girl is the bomb. Total nugs, smell and turning some colors. I think a week from harvest. The wife loves her smell so much I took a sample to dehydrate over night.
Agsk 1

Agsk 2

Agsk 3

Agsk 4

Agsk 5
Cheers All!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Well, As I have been mentioning lately that our rental lease ends in May. I figured the end of April is when we would here from our landlady on moving forward. Yesterday she contacted us saying we were going to be contacted from her relator about going over a new lease, new terms and a increase in the rent. This rental was built in 1901 and has many problems that have just been an oversight to her. So after a little thought between us not really happy here anyway. We decided it's time for a new place and let her know that we are not staying. So now in a month we have to start looking for a new place. As far as the garden goes everything is an easy walk away. The hard part was this morning was removing two plants in bloom too early to finish. I did take cuttings. This leaves me with three plants to harvest in the next fifteen days based on dry time and needed days to finish. Tomorrow I'm harvesting our Acapulco Gold by Skunk#11. In five days I will harvest our Landrace AK. Then in five more days our Critical Cure. I also will make a nice batch of bubble hash in that time. This way I can completely clean up the bloom area and smelly work in time before they want to come over for the relators evaluation for her to rent again. Now I'm praying we can find that better place for my wife, pets, and plants!

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

The AK and Acapulco Gold look real greasy. How do they smell? Good luck with the move and resituating. Hope it all goes smooth and you find yourself in a better place than you've already got!

Orcaman

Orcaman

The AK and Acapulco Gold look real greasy. How do they smell? Good luck with the move and resituating. Hope it all goes smooth and you find yourself in a better place than you've already got!
Thanks CBDEMON for the great vibes. Chopped Goldie this morning and want to tell you the smell is amazing. The best I can describe is a trepan's and egg custard. Here is her harvest.

I wish I could have let her go a little longer. She was just turning colors. Check out her trimmed leaves.

As soon as she is dry enough to jar the AK will be the next chop. Like I have noted her smell is of bubblegum.
Cheers!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Jarred up the Acapulco Gold by Skunk#11 yesterday and want to say she is very tasty and a wicked high. Definitely a keeper. This morning was harvest for our little Landrace AK. Flushed her twice this past week.
Ak 1
Ak 2

Now I just have the Critical Cure to cut being the last harvest in till we move.

H

happy b

Lovely job as always orcaman . the wos landrace AK is a cracking variety . after seeing you grow it here it started me thinking about acquiring a wee pack of them . I done them years ago and loved em.
good luck on house hunting orca . I hope you find exactly what you and your family are looking for.

Top Bottom