Overwatering or light stress? Leaves seem to be drooping a little

• Thread starter GSCdoink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GSCdoink

Recently switched some things up since my last post but starting to get a bit paranoid. Switched them over to a 2x2x4 tent to make room for the humidifier. Also switched lights from a small t5 FL lamp to a 300w mars hydro (might be one of the underlying issues).

There's also some discoloration on the supported seedling and not too sure what to make of it.

Now, here's where I think I F'd up. I did repot them from a solo cup on 5/28 to the pots they're in now. HF medium and perlite is what im using which were both decently moist at the time of transfer. I did go ahead and almost a 1/2 gallon of Recharge into the soil mixture which was all done in an 18 gallon tote which only had about 2.5-3gl of soil mixture in it. The top soil and about 3/4" of the way down from the root wasn't too moist so I did recharge again on the 30th (again me being paranoid). Let me know. Thanks and happy growing !

Overwatering or light stress leaves seem to be drooping a little
Overwatering or light stress leaves seem to be drooping a little 2
Overwatering or light stress leaves seem to be drooping a little 3
G

GSCdoink

6/7 update:
Little curious on this leaf structure. I've been rotating her everyday since the leaning never went away. Small hints of yellowing but didn't want to make a fuss about it. Any advice?

IMG 3099
IMG 3101
IMG 3092
IMG 3098
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello.I'm Ron welcome to the farm.
Take a look at the last picture. Look at the leaf pointing left.
Look at the top 1/2 of the leaf. See the blisters on the surface. Same on the leaf pointing right although not so obvious.
This is light stress or a light burn. Not real bad but bad enough you need to deal with it.

Cannabis does not like to be wet, give the plant 1/2 a cup of water slowly so the medium can absorb it the water does not run off.
Then let the medium dry out quite dry before watering again. Just keep in mind that she will like to be kept a little on the dry side rather than have wet feet and you will be ok.

I'd say if your light is 300w or lower hang it 24 inches above the canopy.
Anything else at least 30 inches. Big power lights 600 and up 30 inches above the canopy with the power level set about 70%.
Give it some time to recover.

G

GSCdoink

Hello.I'm Ron welcome to the farm.
Take a look at the last picture. Look at the leaf pointing left.
Look at the top 1/2 of the leaf. See the blisters on the surface. Same on the leaf pointing right although not so obvious.
This is light stress or a light burn. Not real bad but bad enough you need to deal with it.

Cannabis does not like to be wet, give the plant 1/2 a cup of water slowly so the medium can absorb it the water does not run off.
Then let the medium dry out quite dry before watering again. Just keep in mind that she will like to be kept a little on the dry side rather than have wet feet and you will be ok.

I'd say if your light is 300w or lower hang it 24 inches above the canopy.
Anything else at least 30 inches. Big power lights 600 and up 30 inches above the canopy with the power level set about 70%.
Give it some time to recover.
Thanks for the quick response and advice man. Ill go ahead and move the light up a little bit and ease that stress off of her

G

GSCdoink

did I FIM correctly? Think I waited to long to start topping.

IMG 3116
T

thatcoffeewater

Thank you! Should I go ahead and start LST?
Ofc <3! Wait until you get new growth and then tie down the new growth when it's long enough to. At least that's what I do. LST kinda fits to wherever your grow space is, so try and tie it down to create an even canopy. But tying right now wont help imo bc it might be too stressful, a couple of reasons

G

GSCdoink

Ofc <3! Wait until you get new growth and then tie down the new growth when it's long enough to. At least that's what I do. LST kinda fits to wherever your grow space is, so try and tie it down to create an even canopy. But tying right now wont help imo bc it might be too stressful, a couple of reasons
Yeah the last thing I'd want is to stress her out right now. I'm learning to let time do its thing but I'm so anxious lmao. Thank you again. Unfortunately my other girl died during repotting so now I know what NOT to do.

G

GSCdoink

Anyone know if this is due to light stress? Lights are about 18-20in above canopy 300w mars hydro. Thinking I should move them up in the 4x4 since they're at their max height.

IMG 3122
IMG 3123
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Recently switched some things up since my last post but starting to get a bit paranoid. Switched them over to a 2x2x4 tent to make room for the humidifier. Also switched lights from a small t5 FL lamp to a 300w mars hydro (might be one of the underlying issues).

There's also some discoloration on the supported seedling and not too sure what to make of it.

Now, here's where I think I F'd up. I did repot them from a solo cup on 5/28 to the pots they're in now. HF medium and perlite is what im using which were both decently moist at the time of transfer. I did go ahead and almost a 1/2 gallon of Recharge into the soil mixture which was all done in an 18 gallon tote which only had about 2.5-3gl of soil mixture in it. The top soil and about 3/4" of the way down from the root wasn't too moist so I did recharge again on the 30th (again me being paranoid). Let me know. Thanks and happy growing !
300 ppfd for vegging would be a happy place for cannabis.
Get there with a ppfd map from MarsHydro site.
Photone has an app for a phone camera also.
Then the price goes up for a proper gauge if one wanted.

G

GSCdoink

300 ppfd for vegging would be a happy place for cannabis.
Get there with a ppfd map from MarsHydro site.
Photone has an app for a phone camera also.
Then the price goes up for a proper gauge if one wanted.
Will do!

P

Phyto

Anyone know if this is due to light stress? Lights are about 18-20in above canopy 300w mars hydro. Thinking I should move them up in the 4x4 since they're at their max height.
I don't see a problem, if you're stressing over what I see, you're gonna be a wreck waaay before they flower.

G

GSCdoink

I don't see a problem, if you're stressing over what I see, you're gonna be a wreck waaay before they flower.
You got a point. Seems like it's too good to be true lmao I'll sit back and let her breathe.

G

GSCdoink

Did I fuck up this LST?

IMG 3132
IMG 3133
T

thatcoffeewater

Looking good to me. Just make sure to go slow at first so you dont stress your plant out. personally i only train the leaves when they get in the way of new growth sites.

G

GSCdoink

Looking good to me. Just make sure to go slow at first so you dont stress your plant out. personally i only train the leaves when they get in the way of new growth sites.
Ok I was worried about the bend direction I'm assuming she'll bounce back into place? How long should I tie her down for? My bad for all the questions 😅

T

thatcoffeewater

Ok I was worried about the bend direction I'm assuming she'll bounce back into place? How long should I tie her down for? My bad for all the questions 😅
No no i love to answer questions! Definitely take my advice with a grain of salt tho, I grow outside and shitty DIY inside. My grow room is literally my closet and some bookshelves covered with a white sheet and blanket and walls covered in aluminum foil lmao.

I use small string and lightly tie the branches to make the plant cover the most amount of surface area as possible. Yes she'll bounce back great! Until the stem hardens they're pretty flexible. After the harden up then there's not much you can do unless you want to snap your stem.

Top Bottom