Problems growing plants this year. Why?

• Thread starter John_of_the_dead_72
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

John_of_the_dead_72

Hi, folks!
My name is John and I'm a new (outdoor) grower in southern Michigan. Last year I grew 5 plants in my back yard and the results were amazing. First, I germinated the seeds, popped them in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil inside 6 inch pots, and kept them under a cheap LED starter grow light until they were big enough to set on my (enclosed) front porch to adjust to receiving natural sunlight. Soon they went out back and into the ground. I took care of them and my yield was great.
This year though, I have a problem I hope you can help me with. I am growing 2 new strains which are better suited for this climate but things are not doing well.
Last year I only used FF Ocean Forest but this year I planted with a roughly 50/50 mixture of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and FF Happy Frog. It's been roughly a week now and I'm not noticing growth in my 3 new plants. 2 of the 3 are nice and green but the 3rd has some fan leaves that are...faded/white/ Pale? All 3 were planted with the same soil mixture and I have a moisture meter to test the soil. I have only fed them once with regular tap water. I haven't fed them with nutes yet because we have had rains come through the area the last couple days and I didn't want to over water/feed them. The temps here have been in the 90's ⁰F with high humidity. I'm worried there is something wrong because they are green,just not growing. You can see in the Pic my one plant has that white/faded appearance. It can't be powdery mildew because it's not quite a week old and growing in a clear area.
I would really appreciate it if you can help me fix this problem. Looking forward to your reading your thoughts.

Problems growing plants this year why
Problems growing plants this year why 2
Problems growing plants this year why 3
Problems growing plants this year why 4
Problems growing plants this year why 5
Problems growing plants this year why 6
Problems growing plants this year why 7
Top Bottom