Product turning brown during drying

• Thread starter Adrenachrome187
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
friendofafriend

friendofafriend

I’ve heard it can happen for a number of reasons… if you spray too heavy after week 6( I knew a guy who had spider mites and sprayed too much his product turned brown )…I’ve heard if you’re using pgrs ( gravity, phosphoload) and don’t flush properly at the end it can cause buds to have a yellowish brown hint … obviously bud rot can cause this even if bud rot hasn’t set in yet and your humidity was too high in the run I’ve heard can cause this … I’m not sure how much of this is true which is why I’m asking
Came here looking for the answer to the same question. I know exactly what you're dealing with (at least I think I do). It's super frustrating. Plants growing well and looking great, but between the nugs on the inside of the bigger colas the plant material has a bronze looking tint and the leaves are often distorted.

Did you ever find a solution? I'm thinking it's a nutrient deficiency but I'm not sure which. Iron due to high pH? Calcium? I've analyzed tissue samples, nutrient formulations, etc. Still can't avoid it completely.

RootFarmer

RootFarmer

I zoomed in on your pic closer. Appears to be underdeveloped pigmentation. It's a reddish_purple to my eyes. Just above you see a bit more developed with a lighter purple and then the deeper purple in other areas. At least that's what I'm seeing.

Anyone else?
Screenshot 20240627 155641

friendofafriend

friendofafriend

I zoomed in on your pic closer. Appears to be underdeveloped pigmentation. It's a reddish_purple to my eyes. Just above you see a bit more developed with a lighter purple and then the deeper purple in other areas. At least that's what I'm seeing.

Anyone else?View attachment 2204844

Anyone else?View attachment 2204844
Here’s some pictures of 2 buds (2 pics of each) that show some of the symptoms I’m talking about. You have a nice looking bud and you pull the constituents apart and find unhealthy looking leaves.

IMG 7458
IMG 7459
IMG 7457
IMG 7456
Top Bottom