Royal Queen Critical Feminized Photoperiod

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

These seeds got caught and couldn’t right themselves. I should have opened up the pods a bit more and not pushed the seeds so far down. Not sure how I did that actually.
Oh, you opened the shell before planting them? I can see that happening then. I use to use a paper towel to open mine then plant.... I find it easier to just plant the seed and let it do it's thing.

Seeds are really delicate when opening I have read. Even the paper towel method can bring fibers in from the paper when planting. I did not want to chance damaging the plant so I chose this method. Usually fool proof, usually. 4 out of 5 sprouted germinating in the soil I could have gotten a bad seed but I will mark this up to beginner error.

deerman12

deerman12

I hope it turns out great for you. I had a freebie Critical I grew for a project. I farted around with it, repotted and finally scrogged it out. It looked good and had a decent high to it. The problem I had was it tasted like dirt!! It was probably my fault. I grew 3 different grows of autos that were very good. This was my Critical.
To be fair, I used a $60 spider farmer light on the critical the whole time.
IMG 0850
IMG 0851
IMG 0852

R

RGWD0202

That makes a difference? So there is a proper way to place the seed in the soil for germination?
How do you know which way is which? I cannot tell a top for a bottom on a seed. The too deep thing I can understand, I did not know they could be upside down or sideways.

I just make a little hole in the soil, put the seed in, cover and water extremely well. I cover for 24-48 hours and normally I see a sprout. I did have a couple that took an extra day. I believe the last one I planted I didn't cover and just put in the tent. That was the OG Kush they sent as my freebie. It sprouted no issues.
the flat part acts as a hinge and the sharper point opens and that’s where the tap root comes from. As it grows the stem comes up and brings the seed casing with it and uses the soil to shed the casing. Point should be sideways or pointed down, if it’s pointed up the root shoots up and then turns to go back down into the soil.

Boke

Boke

the flat part acts as a hinge and the sharper point opens and that’s where the tap root comes from. As it grows the stem comes up and brings the seed casing with it and uses the soil to shed the casing. Point should be sideways or pointed down, if it’s pointed up the root shoots up and then turns to go back down into the soil.
I started growing over 30 years ago, and I did not know this. How did I miss this vital piece of information?

I love gardening, learn something new every day.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Ok good to know. I just tossed them in the hole, covered and watered. Thanks👍

Boke

Boke

Morning Update

7 still struggling, 1 might be dead. 1 transplanted, and might still die.

2 enjoying the morning sun for an hour.

Hit them all with a bit of magic juice since I thought maybe they ran out of energy so highly diluted energy and rooting assistance.

We shall see.

IMG 5035
IMG 5034

Latest posts

Top Bottom