Trouble in week 4 of flower

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

Two plants are starting to look worse by the day, both look hungry but one has a whole bunch going on, don’t know if it’s solely a deficiency issue. Leaves feel dry and are twisting. I have been fighting high humidity, and it’s higher in the back of the tent. Not sure if humidity can be responsible for this damage, what do you guys think?

Trouble in week 4 of flower
Trouble in week 4 of flower 2
Trouble in week 4 of flower 3
Trouble in week 4 of flower 4
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

need more info
media used
feeding/watering schedule PH EC
environment stats day/night
light specs, distance and power

but yep first look they look hungry overall.

P

Purfict

need more info
media used
feeding/watering schedule
environment stats day/night
light specs, distance and power
soil, feed with every water every 4-5 days with the general hydroponics 3 part flora series aggressive feed. temps sit at around 72 during lights on and 63 at night. Humidity is around 65-70 constantly. 450W light at ~80% power around 20 inches from the tallest cola. Middle of week 4 flower

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

soil, feed with every water every 4-5 days with the general hydroponics 3 part flora series aggressive feed. temps sit at around 72 during lights on and 63 at night. Humidity is around 65-70 constantly. 450W light at ~80% power around 20 inches from the tallest cola. Middle of week 4 flower
humm if on agressive feed it isn't hungry tho.. PH 6.2-6.5 on feeds?
high humidity wouldn't discolor them like that.
are you giving too much or too little dryback? 20% Run off when feeding?
they could be locked from uptaking nutrients.
i see a start of calcium deficiency/lockout and Nitrogen isnt being uptaken too.

P

Purfict

humm if on agressive feed it isn't hungry tho.. PH 6.2-6.5 on feeds?
high humidity wouldn't discolor them like that.
are you giving too much or too little dryback? 20% Run off when feeding?
they could be locked from uptaking nutrients.
i see a start of calcium deficiency/lockout and Nitrogen isnt being uptaken too.
Ph is always right around 6.4. They get good runoff on all of them, They’re in 5 gallon pots but are only filled ~75% with soil. I can get around 3.5 liters into each plant before runoff. I usually get a good dry back, maybe a little too long. Those pics are what they look like after being watered on Sunday morning.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

and close-up on those leaves
and bottom ones look better or the same? because if better than it's light intensity
yep he seems to be doing things right on other fronts
it could be too much light intensity for the environment i agree.
@Purfict

P

Purfict

Here’s a close up of the leaves. What confuses me though is that the shortest plant is the one looking the worst. The bottom leaves do look normal.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

try to keep temps higher too if possible 78-82f it will help with nutrient uptake and transpiration.

R

RGWD0202

Have you scouted for pests? Feeding every watering I don’t think they’d be hungry, could be too much of a nutrient. How often are you giving them Calcium? I’m leaning towards too much or not enough calcium but guessing too much

P

Purfict

Have you scouted for pests? Feeding every watering I don’t think they’d be hungry, could be too much of a nutrient. How often are you giving them Calcium? I’m leaning towards too much or not enough calcium but guessing too much
I check everyday, haven’t seen anything yet

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Run off pH & ppm?

R

RGWD0202

I used ffof for the better part of the last decade, trust me on this one, a weekly check of runoff pH and PPM will make your life much easier
I stopped phing because I read the same thing, ended up ruining my run, lockout is a bitch especially mid flower…. Learned the hard way to ph every time I add water…

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I stopped phing because I read the same thing, ended up ruining my run, lockout is a bitch especially mid flower…. Learned the hard way to ph every time I add water…
I'm sorry you had to learn the lesson the hard way.

I've recently seen people offering that advice and in my opinion it's about the worst advice you could follow.

If you want to have smoother runs in soil;

add one level tablespoon of dolomite per gallon of fox farm soil, it will stop soil pH from getting acidic

Add 20% coarse perlite to Fox farm soil

check AND RECORD your runoff pH & PPM on a regular basis, once a week or at least every other week

Your grow will become smooth as silk & you'll hit a new level.

You can catch me at 'THE BEACH HOUSE' thread if I can help further or want to check out some of my grows, best of luck!

P

Purfict

Watered and fed, ph going in was 6.5, ppm going in was 1350. Runoff ph was 6.4, runoff ppm was just a bit over 3400. Not sure what it means that ppm was so high coming out, but here’s them right after water. I decided to close 75% of the intake vent that’s been left open for better airflow to combat the humidity, it’s at 60% after water and 77°F.

GipGreenThumb902

GipGreenThumb902

Two plants are starting to look worse by the day, both look hungry but one has a whole bunch going on, don’t know if it’s solely a deficiency issue. Leaves feel dry and are twisting. I have been fighting high humidity, and it’s higher in the back of the tent. Not sure if humidity can be responsible for this damage, what do you guys think?
Likes a lot like magnesium or calcium deficiency

Top Bottom