Trouble in week 4 of flower

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RGWD0202

Watered and fed, ph going in was 6.5, ppm going in was 1350. Runoff ph was 6.4, runoff ppm was just a bit over 3400. Not sure what it means that ppm was so high coming out, but here’s them right after water. I decided to close 75% of the intake vent that’s been left open for better airflow to combat the humidity, it’s at 60% after water and 77°F.
Ph is perfect, That’s a very high ppm on the runoff. I think you are giving them too much in the way of nutrients. Water only the next feeding and maybe the one after that. Could be a lockout issue which then would require a flush but I’d go just water next water or two and see how they respond in 7-10 days.

P

Purfict

Ph is perfect, That’s a very high ppm on the runoff. I think you are giving them too much in the way of nutrients. Water only the next feeding and maybe the one after that. Could be a lockout issue which then would require a flush but I’d go just water next water or two and see how they respond in 7-10 days.
Should I just do cal-mag next watering or would just water be better?

R

RGWD0202

Should I just do cal-mag next watering or would just water be better?
I wouldn’t add anything honestly. The cal and mag could be locked out from too much macro. P affects cal and K affects mag. If that’s the case you’d need to do a flush.

However, from what I can find the flora 3 part has Cal in the Micro bottle and Mag in one of the others I think the bloom?. So if you are adding a cal mag along with that series it could be an excessive amount of cal and mag especially if using every watering. I still think it’s too much Cal.

P

Purfict

I wouldn’t add anything honestly. The cal and mag could be locked out from too much macro. P affects cal and K affects mag. If that’s the case you’d need to do a flush.

However, from what I can find the flora 3 part has Cal in the Micro bottle and Mag in one of the others I think the bloom?. So if you are adding a cal mag along with that series it could be an excessive amount of cal and mag especially if using every watering. I still think it’s too much Cal.
I’ll flush with reverse osmosis water to get a good reading on the ppm next watering, which will be around Sunday.

P

Purfict

PPM 1300 going in, 3400 in runoff. 6.5 ph in and 6.4 out. I’m not sure what the EC is, I don’t have the tools to measure yet

GipGreenThumb902

GipGreenThumb902

PPM 1300 going in, 3400 in runoff. 6.5 ph in and 6.4 out. I’m not sure what the EC is, I don’t have the tools to measure yet
Your EC is almost 6800,
What are you using for medium?
How often were you watering with newts?
What kind of newts and what type of water are you using when mixing your nudes?

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Watered and fed, ph going in was 6.5, ppm going in was 1350. Runoff ph was 6.4, runoff ppm was just a bit over 3400. Not sure what it means that ppm was so high coming out, but here’s them right after water. I decided to close 75% of the intake vent that’s been left open for better airflow to combat the humidity, it’s at 60% after water and 77°F.
It means that 1350 PPM feeding is too heavy to begin with and the plant needs a very heavy flush. I doubt I've ever fed much above 800

GipGreenThumb902

GipGreenThumb902

P

Purfict

Your EC is almost 6800,
What are you using for medium?
How often were you watering with newts?
What kind of newts and what type of water are you using when mixing your nudes?
I’ve been using nutes every feeding, I use my tap water. It’s clear in color, ph is around 8 before the nutrients balance it to around 6.5. PPM is at about 150. I use the general hydroponics flora series for nutes, and it’s fox farm ocean forest for soil.

P

Purfict

I’ve taken a leaf off and examined it, no bugs that I can see. The two plants in the front of the tent look very healthy, no leaves showing signs of pest issues or defiencies. My only guess is lockout on the back two plants combined with light stress.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Here’s a close up of the leaves. What confuses me though is that the shortest plant is the one looking the worst. The bottom leaves do look normal.
Also what are all these little white marks on your leaves? Do you know what's causing that, have you checked for bugs WITH MAGNIFICATION yet?

Screenshot 20240620 1347552
Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I’ve been using nutes every feeding, I use my tap water. It’s clear in color, ph is around 8 before the nutrients balance it to around 6.5. PPM is at about 150. I use the general hydroponics flora series for nutes, and it’s fox farm ocean forest for soil.
I use nutes only every third feeding. I used GH flora for years, I've still got a few gallons of it still around somewhere so believe me when I tell you that your plants are way over fed.

GipGreenThumb902

GipGreenThumb902

Yeah like buddy said in the message flush for at least one or two more Waters with arrow water. So you know it's zero PPM zero EC and have a good run off. Probably at least a liter run off

GipGreenThumb902

GipGreenThumb902

Yeah like buddy said in the message flush for at least one or two more Waters with arrow water. So you know it's zero PPM zero EC and have a good run off. Probably at least a liter run off
RO water, distilled deionized bottle water, read the label carefully. Make sure it states PPM zero mineral salts zero

GipGreenThumb902

GipGreenThumb902

RO water, distilled deionized bottle water, read the label carefully. Make sure it states PPM zero mineral salts zero
Your soil levels right now, are at the level that my soil was when I premixed and pre-soaked my soil for my transplant to veg pots

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I’ve taken a leaf off and examined it, no bugs that I can see. The two plants in the front of the tent look very healthy, no leaves showing signs of pest issues or defiencies. My only guess is lockout on the back two plants combined with light stress.
Your plants have several things going on, first and most importantly you need to flush them heavily to reset them

I flush my plants every two weeks so I don't have soil issues like build-ups and low ph

A proper flush is 3 times the volume of the pot btw

And then do a serious examination WITH STRONG MAGNIFICATION looking for bugs because something is making those spots and it's not light damage and it doesn't look like it's caused by a lockout. Need better pictures of the damage

Also you mentioned you're feeding on the AGGRESSIVE scale, you don't want to do that, you want to feed at about half of that, and you don't want to feed more than once every 3 feedings, the other two should be plain pH'ed water from my experience

F

Farmville

I’ll bet if you ad cal mag to your next water all the green will come back to your plant. That’s what it looks like to me

Top Bottom