Tumble stumbles upon a Spider Farmer clip on fan.. Growing Blue Cheese, North Thunderfuck, Cali Blues, and Bruce Banner #2

• Thread starter Tumbleweed375
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Well, I’m not actually in the desert! But it won’t rain here again until October! So I guess it might as well be! And they all pretty much look the same! Black and gray! Unless you get a blue tailed skink ambling by every once in a while! With their electric blue tail! It’s just amazing the harsh conditions they can survive in! You get all the colorful ones! L O L! Love, lizards! And there’s not enough water around here year-round to support much of a turtle population! Unless you have a year-round pond which are few and far between.
A blue tailed skink! That's a beaut! Haha I don't know if you read that the way I was saying it... my best Steve Irwin impression .

We get some of the common skinks around here, but you really gotta search for them.

I stumbled upon an eastern box turtle recently. No pictures, hands were full and didn't want to spook him. They actually live on the land, and don't spend a lot of time in the water

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

thats cool man.👍 bet they be super fast. the patterns are pretty cool to.👍
The pictures dont do them justice. You can tell these guys got lots to eat, the skin is really healthy. Kinda got a luster. I think the patterns help them seem even faster. The name is very accurate. I only ever see them on walls or in this other stone garden area where a bunch of interesting plants all in stacked cinder blocks.They chill and soak up the sun on walls and blocks, but if you spook them they disappear in a flash.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

The pictures dont do them justice. You can tell these guys got lots to eat, the skin is really healthy. Kinda got a luster. I think the patterns help them seem even faster. The name is very accurate. I only ever see them on walls or in this other stone garden area where a bunch of interesting plants all in stacked cinder blocks.They chill and soak up the sun on walls and blocks, but if you spook them they disappear in a flash.
cool man yeh i see the shine like, definitely grab some more pics if you see any more, keep seeing this one bird of prey. but when i get close it gets of before can pull my camera out man proper good earing. im sure ill catch it at one point though😁

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

cool man yeh i see the shine like, definitely grab some more pics if you see any more, keep seeing this one bird of prey. but when i get close it gets of before can pull my camera out man proper good earing. im sure ill catch it at one point though😁
I got some. I been looking. I need a real camera, been using my phone. Got thousands of photos, just can't find the ones I want 🤣.

Definitely keep trying for that eagle! That's a tough shot to get.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

I got some. I been looking. I need a real camera, been using my phone. Got thousands of photos, just can't find the ones I want 🤣.

Definitely keep trying for that eagle! That's a tough shot to get.
bro we need one of these😂 eagle shot be crazy man.👍
Big camera

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Got some updates coming soon. Rearranging some things. First, I gave the little tent a platform with wheels. Second, this is Big Booty Banner. I drilled some holes in the bottom of this ceramic vase, filled it with medium, and stuck a Bruce Banner #2 clone in it. I want to see If I can get it through flower.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

The clone tent was really the wrong name. I took cuts from 3 plants from seed in there. I'm thinking 2 weeks to heal before flip. Just to be safe.

Here is the Bubblegum Sherb (snake), strong smell, kind of sour.

I need one of those camera mounts for my forehead. I don't have any other cut pics.

The other Bubblegum Sherb (topped) way more pungent, strong diesel. Surprised by it, reminds me of burnt rubber.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Some of those updates I was talking about.
I've been thinking about oxygenated water... in general. In hydroponics most systems that don't have the roots dangling freely with plenty of access to oxygen (Nutrient Film Technique, Aeroponics, Kratky, etc.) typically use an airstone. The old aquarium air pump I re-purposed for my bucket cloner has 2 stones... "let me split it."

So I did. One in the cloner, one in the feed bucket. will take notes over the next couple weeks.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Some of those updates I was talking about.
I've been thinking about oxygenated water... in general. In hydroponics most systems that don't have the roots dangling freely with plenty of access to oxygen (Nutrient Film Technique, Aeroponics, Kratky, etc.) typically use an airstone. The old aquarium air pump I re-purposed for my bucket cloner has 2 stones... "let me split it."

So I did. One in the cloner, one in the feed bucket. will take notes over the next couple weeks.View attachment 2196106
View attachment 2196107
View attachment 2196108
Looks good 👍. Keep an eye on water temps. Especially the cloner. Bit me in the arse when I was doing aero-cloning

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Looks good 👍. Keep an eye on water temps. Especially the cloner. Bit me in the arse when I was doing aero-cloning
Thanks jadin! Absolutely, I have the ac running in the clone room, ambient air is around 68, but we both know them damn pumps run hot when ran 24/7!

I have a laser temp gun I use every couple days. I keep telling myself I'll throw an ice cube in if need be, but haven't needed to yet!

What do you use to monitor your water temps? I'd love something that I could just leave in the bucket and get readings.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Thanks jadin! Absolutely, I have the ac running in the clone room, ambient air is around 68, but we both know them damn pumps run hot when ran 24/7!

I have a laser temp gun I use every couple days. I keep telling myself I'll throw an ice cube in if need be, but haven't needed to yet!

What do you use to monitor your water temps? I'd love something that I could just leave in the bucket and get readings.
I use an aquarium heater with a digital read out of set and actual. Obviously it doesn't run in the summer, I take the heating element out, but it tells me what's going on

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I use an aquarium heater with a digital read out of set and actual. Obviously it doesn't run in the summer, I take the heating element out, but it tells me what's going on
Brilliant idea. I bet dialing in temps would improve root time drastically. I usually set it and hope for the best, but that's probably a bit risky considering we hitting 90°f today.

It seems that if at one point a person had a decent reptile/aquarium kit, they currently have all that's necessary for clones 🤣.

When I first built the clone box I had it set up with an old reptile humidifier and probe. Works well, but I upgraded it to the new one with a larger tank and split hose. My airstone is also from an old aquarium...Maybe that will atleast combat any anaerobic stuff.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Has anyone ever seen something like this? If you zoom in at where I cut the petiole at an angle I fimmed whatever growth was at the node. Now it's turned into a root with a little leaf flipping the bird. The light and everything else are set to the same parameters, and there is no new growth at the nodes above the foam collar.

Top Bottom