Why won’t this plant GROW?!

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

I planted this girl from seed around mid March, planted 5 others at the same time. Different strains, but all were popped and in a tent and feed and moved outside at the same time. I topped her over a month ago, and she hasn’t grown since. The stem is getting girthy like crazy, I swear it’s almost a nickel in diameter. The few leaves she had are big and deep green. Worth saying that they feel quite right to the touch, while my larger plants have soft and pleasant feeling leaves. She’s a Black Rose x GG#4, and they’re supposed to grow like a monster. I have her pictured here along side over of my others just for size comparison. The big girl is a Greases Pieces. The little one is maybe a foot tall.

Why wont this plant grow

Why wont this plant grow 2
Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I planted this girl from seed around mid March, planted 5 others at the same time. Different strains, but all were popped and in a tent and feed and moved outside at the same time. I topped her over a month ago, and she hasn’t grown since. The stem is getting girthy like crazy, I swear it’s almost a nickel in diameter. The few leaves she had are big and deep green. Worth saying that they feel quite right to the touch, while my larger plants have soft and pleasant feeling leaves. She’s a Black Rose x GG#4, and they’re supposed to grow like a monster. I have her pictured here along side over of my others just for size comparison. The big girl is a Greases Pieces. The little one is maybe a foot tall.

View attachment 2205898
hard to tell if there’s something wrong meaning pest or infection etc but what happened to the side branches?

Sunin

Sunin

not sure what you did but it looks butchered,.
doesn’t look like it got topped correctly,..
overstressed it possibly?

I just wanted to say that something went wrong with topping?
there's fans there only and growth stopped
I would try to save it by another topping on right level, might work

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

I topped it, never had any trouble topping plants before. The side leaves are butchered because some woodland creature has been munching on it. Usually at this point they’re big enough that I clear off leaves that low and said creatures cannot dine.

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

I just wanted to say that something went wrong with topping?
there's fans there only and growth stopped
I would try to save it by another topping on right level, might work
A concern of mine. You mean cut it down further? When I top I usually cut right off at the top, not further down.

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

and how the nodes look like downstairs? any of them viable?
Other than the not growing (and the munched away leaves down below) it is an extremely healthy looking plant. Like I said, stem is thick and strong, the remaining leaves are big and a deep green and no discoloration. That’s what baffles me, they seemingly stopped growing after I topped them (I actually have another that’s exactly the same. Same size and color and stopped growing exactly the same. Same strain, popped and planted at the same time.)

Sunin

Sunin

maybe something ate the nodes 🤣 🦗
I can see where you topped- there's nothing there except two fans from that angle so if there's no new grow there after such a long time hard to hope it will be
I would look for one active downstairs and top there cutting her down to beginnings but I was called butchering butcher before 😉

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

I
maybe something ate the nodes 🤣 🦗
I can see where you topped- there's nothing there except two fans from that angle so if there's no new grow there after such a long time hard to hope it will be
I would look for one active downstairs and top there cutting her down to beginnings but I was called butchering butcher before 😉
I go mad with pruning, typically my plants love it. Make the occasional over prune and it takes longer than I’d prefer for them to bounce back, but they do. But this is a first for me. You’re right, there is no new growth at all where I topped, but those fan leaves have indeed gotten larger. But no new growth at all!

Top Bottom